Focal Clear headphones
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #2,194 of 12,543
It's been asked and answered already.

If Clear Professional has the exactly same tuning as Clear, it looks quite a bizarre move to me. Do they think this Black/Red looks more professional than vanilla Clear?

Utopia Professional (which deserves its name) and Elear Professional should be coming soon, with some bizarre recoloration.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #2,195 of 12,543
Ask yourself one question. I’m sure you’ll see logic in it. Why would a variant of the Clear be made available through any reseller on current product at a price below the Elear. It doesn’t sound like BS to you?

As a Focal dealer, you’re not doing Focal any favors by your comments. Because if what you’re saying is true, then that makes both Massdrop and Focal LIARS. Because they’re the ones who make the claim that the Elex is EXACTLY like the Elear but with a different color scheme and different pads. So if behind closed doors, as you say, Focal is saying that the Elex is really a lower grade/lower quality Elear, then that’s some very underhanded and deceptive stuff right there...

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #2,196 of 12,543
Jan 25, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #2,197 of 12,543
@s2kPanda, dude give it a rest, the only thing you’re doing is looking like a jackass.

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2,198 of 12,543
As a Focal dealer, you’re not doing Focal any favors by your comments. Because if what you’re saying is true, then that makes both Massdrop and Focal LIARS. Because they’re the ones who make the claim that the Elex is EXACTLY like the Elear but with a different color scheme and different pads. So if behind closed doors, as you say, Focal is saying that the Elex is really a lower grade/lower quality Elear, then that’s some very underhanded and deceptive stuff right there...

The Folk’s at Massdrop we’re the ones making wild claims about the Elex’s performance, even claiming they rivaled the Clear, no they don’t, not even close.

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #2,200 of 12,543
@s2kPanda, dude give it a rest, the only thing you’re doing is looking like a jackass.
I look like a jackass for asking about proof over a seller's "claims" who then personally thinks he has a flame war with me and laughs it off at his store with his co-workers while calling himself thick-skinned? I think you should re-read the thread or get your eyes checked buddy.

The Folk’s at Massdrop we’re the ones making wild claims about the Elex’s performance, even claiming they rivaled the Clear, no they don’t, not even close.
Guess who put up that review on Massdrop. Jude from Head-Fi. I guess you're calling him a liar as well. Not Massdrop nor Focal and not even Jude said it rivaled the Clear beyond stating that they tuned it and the frequency response came to be very similar to the Clear's response. It's everyone else in the wild that went on with the whole Clear comparison when it should've been compared to the Elear, which it did get compared to. Don't talk out of your butt and make up assumptions.

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #2,201 of 12,543
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #2,203 of 12,543
I look like a jackass for asking about proof over a seller's "claims" who then personally thinks he has a flame war with me and laughs it off at his store with his co-workers while calling himself thick-skinned? I think you should re-read the thread or get your eyes checked buddy.

You keep attempting to push his buttons and came off as an Arschloch.

Guess who put up that review on Massdrop. Jude from Head-Fi. I guess you're calling him a liar as well. Not Massdrop nor Focal and not even Jude said it rivaled the Clear beyond stating that they tuned it and the frequency response came to be very similar to the Clear's response. It's everyone else in the wild that went on with the whole Clear comparison when it should've been compared to the Elear, which it did get compared to. Don't talk out of your butt and make up assumptions.

Read several quotes that sourced Massdrop for many of the rumors.

Disagree with the findings of anyone on subjective sound isn’t the same as calling them liars.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,204 of 12,543
Then you're just another biased sheep without an open mind. A response that is very ignorant with no reasonable answer as to why you made your assumptions in the first place. At least if you're going to call me out on something, give me and everyone here watching this thread a clear explanation. I gave a very reasonable explanation as to why Focal did what they did on Massdrop, I gave another one to refute the claims you made about the Elex being a rival to the Clear and the hodgepodge that Massdrop was spewing, and now I'm giving you one as to why you are a sheep. Now I definitely look like a jackass, but only towards you because you called me one first. Now I will ignore your childish responses.

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #2,205 of 12,543
Then you're just another biased sheep without an open mind. A response that is very ignorant with no reasonable answer as to why you made your assumptions in the first place. At least if you're going to call me out on something, give me and everyone here watching this thread a clear explanation. I gave a very reasonable explanation as to why Focal did what they did on Massdrop, I gave another one to refute the claims you made about the Elex being a rival to the Clear and the hodgepodge that Massdrop was spewing, and now I'm giving you one as to why you are a sheep. Now I definitely look like a jackass, but only towards you because you called me one first. Now I will ignore your childish responses.

Read the edit cupcake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back