Focal Celestee Review & Measurements
Jun 26, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #106 of 117
Ive had to return mine because of the same reason. Clamp force has lessened a bit over time but it was still too much. Clear and Radiance are much more comfortable especially for longer listening sessions. So overall it will get better but its not going to be a night and day diffrence.
Keep in mind part of this is the pads need to form a tight seal. The pads in the clamp are certainly part of this but overall the headphone is designed to have us complete the seal as possible so it is very different from its open back siblings.

Without the seal sound would leak and it would no longer be a close backhand.

That being said, there are several tried and true methods to stretch the can that you may want to try. When is to simply open them up on a wind surface a horizontal stack of books works well or a few yoga blocks for example. Another is to place a Headphones toward the rear of your head as opposed to toward the front as this changes the angle and requires you to come a few quick slower which for some people reduces the clamp.

If that doesn’t work you can always try the old tile hurts and is literally bending back the headband in order to stretch out the Cannes to your liking but obviously that is a much more drastic step.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #107 of 117
Keep in mind part of this is the pads need to form a tight seal. The pads in the clamp are certainly part of this but overall the headphone is designed to have us complete the seal as possible so it is very different from its open back siblings.

That's my experience too and any leakage impacts bass. In this case a good seal is a must.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 13, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #108 of 117
I was a bit apprehensive about getting the Celestee because reviews seemed to be quite mixed. But I wanted to get a closed back headphone when there's a bit too much ambient noise and really under the 1k price bracket, there's not too many options especially in Europe. So after exploring options, I decided to order one as I could get it for 630 brand new. (versus 999 for the DCA Noire)

I have to say for the price I paid, I'm very happy with these. I don't really feel like these are super closed in sounding which I read from many sources. I haven't demoed the Stellia though and I'll try to avoid it for the good of my wallet.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #109 of 117
I was a bit apprehensive about getting the Celestee because reviews seemed to be quite mixed. But I wanted to get a closed back headphone when there's a bit too much ambient noise and really under the 1k price bracket, there's not too many options especially in Europe. So after exploring options, I decided to order one as I could get it for 630 brand new. (versus 999 for the DCA Noire)

I have to say for the price I paid, I'm very happy with these. I don't really feel like these are super closed in sounding which I read from many sources. I haven't demoed the Stellia though and I'll try to avoid it for the good of my wallet.

Glad you are having a positive experience. Everything is relative. Sometimes reviewers are being honest, its just their experience is different. If they happen to be familiar with something like and hd800 pushed through a tube amp then almost everything is going to sound closed off in comparison.

Likewise having heard the Celestee you will now be unimpressed by something like a neuman closed back etc.

Always keep in mind what the experiences of the person giving the critique are and enjoy the gear you have because there is always something else out there.

Jul 20, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #110 of 117
At first glance, these Celestee look like a good deal! Trickled down tech from the stellia. Stellia is 2k more expensive for what? Beryllium over Mg/Al driver, and a more luxurious packaging incl. an extra cable + maybe some more refined material. That's a very hefty price to pay for not much difference. Price gap between those 2 models should be much narrower IMO.
It's actually interesting to put those views side by side :)

1612345540925.png1612345561711.png
having owned both, Stellia decimate Celestee. They're way more enjoyable and impressive

Aug 4, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #113 of 117
That's the new price here in the UK lol
You are looking right ? Focal Celestee, original cable, 7N silver copper cable 4.4 original pads and Dekoni Limited Edition Sheepskin for Stellia. So everything you see in the photos. For 650 Euros include Shipping cost and Pay Pal fee???

Attachments

• Focal3.jpeg
    Focal3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Focal 4.jpeg
    Focal 4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 4, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #114 of 117
You are looking right ? Focal Celestee, original cable, 7N silver copper cable 4.4 original pads and Dekoni Limited Edition Sheepskin for Stellia. So everything you see in the photos. For 650 Euros include Shipping cost and Pay Pal fee???
It was 750 when I looked

Aug 14, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #117 of 117
Hey guys,
if anyone may be interested in a quick take, here is my Celestee review in 120". It features Eng subs.

Please enjoy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back