Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Oct 4, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #47 of 1,697
I'm also interested in these... Although I've had my H95s for over a year now and it'd take a pretty big increase in sound quality and/or ANC for me to want to switch to a different bluetooth headphone, especially as I have the Stellias already for office use.
This. I am extremely happy with my H95's but do enjoy the Focal house sound.

Oct 5, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #49 of 1,697
So maybe a silly question, can this bathys be used for gaming. For instance iracing? I always doubted about buying the audeze mobius but this looks like a better choice. Is it ok for gaming?
I plugged the Bathys straight into my Xbox controller - it worked great playing PUBG.

Oct 5, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #50 of 1,697
I’d be interested in feedback on how it sounds wired directly via usb to an iPhone playing hi-res through Roon Arc vs using a high quality portable DAC/amp (say in $500-$700 range) attached to iPhone w/ Arc.

I’m sure it isn’t a fair comparison given the price gap, but how audible is the difference? The sound direct may even be better as the internals of the Bathys were tuned specifically for it.

Oct 5, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #51 of 1,697
I’d be interested in feedback on how it sounds wired directly via usb to an iPhone playing hi-res through Roon Arc vs using a high quality portable DAC/amp (say in $500-$700 range) attached to iPhone w/ Arc.

I’m sure it isn’t a fair comparison given the price gap, but how audible is the difference? The sound direct may even be better as the internals of the Bathys were tuned specifically for it.
Probably no difference. The Bathys' DSP will be processing the analogue signal fed into it from the DAC/amp, which would probably be inferior to the Bathys' internal DAC in all likelihood.

Oct 5, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #52 of 1,697

There's a question of how the Bathys handles the analog input from the external DAC. Does it go back through a A/D->DSP->D/A stage or is it simply A-A via its amp circuit? Either way it's not being driven directly from the external DAC/AMP.

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #58 of 1,697
ddHiFi lightning to USB-C adapter its OTG certified and just works.

Check my signature and stop using the dirty camera dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back