Foam ATH-M50x Comfort Mod
Dec 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

thejsm

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,
This is probably my first real post here so be gentle. I first of all love my ATH-M50x's (and my HD650's) but the ATH-M50x's are no where near the same comfort level as the HD650's naturally because of the cup size, depth and same with the pads. I banged my head in the wall for a while trying to figure out how to make them better.

I tried the Shure 940 pads and they were excessively big and loose (which was fixable) but although they were just plain bigger, I really didn't like the way they felt. They also seemed to change the sound more then I liked.

Then I had an epiphany...Foam

Hard, black, foam...

I'm a ex-smoker, new vaper, and remember some packaging that came with a mod I had purchased recently. An Innokin SVD for anyone who cares to ask. It comes packaged with denser foam that is still very pliable and retains its shape well. I pulled out the box cutters and went to town.

Needless to say, signature stays the same, comfort level doubles and even with my monstrous ears I can wear these things for hours without feeling annoyed. I feel it in the headband wayyyyyyyyyyyyy before I feel it on my fears.

Enjoy.

Basically after cutting out of the foam you simply push it up into the shape of the ears cups and walllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa, musical bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back