FM Radio for IHP players
Jun 19, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 7
Ditto, I live in a semi-remote area and only the most powerful stations come in, I've found I get better reception when using the remote and headphones than with the headphones by themselves.

Jun 20, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 7
you get better reception when you are with remote cause all the metal part counts as antena. I live in Costa Rica, use the USA setting, and live on a fairly occupied place. Many people listen to radio (mostly salsa, reggea, dance music, etc.) so I get pretty good reception on what is classical, rock, jazz and those which have all types (imagine opeth and dream theater on a radio station). I imagine that the reception works better with the remote, but I'm really not sure, since my IHP-140 lives most of his life on my pocket, and my remote outside, and I use the radio times when I know there is something good (rare times), and I get great sound. So, bottom line is, radio sounds much better with remote than with no remote.

P.S. My reception varies a lot, a place may be really bad, move it 5 cms, you get the best reception in the world

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Note that you cannot record FM radio on the iHP because of noise interference from the spinning hard drive. This feature is supposed to be available in the next generation of iHPs.

rolleyes.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 7
BTW, I found that the adds say "Real Time Encoding (no PC required)", does this mean the iHP can tag songs (I've tried to find this feature, but can't), or is this the feature that lets you see the tag for the song? Oh, and another thing, can you delete on this thing (on the iHP, not on the PC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back