Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Aug 6, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,771 of 2,598
The FA-10 is no joke. I've been burning in a pair of headphones, and have literally been having a fan blow on my FA-10 to keep it cool while I'm out during the day :sweat_smile:
My FA-10 stays pretty cool. At least i've never noticed anything else from my listening position 2m away. When i had the Audiovalve Solaris that was a different story...

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #1,772 of 2,598
My FA-10 stays pretty cool. At least i've never noticed anything else from my listening position 2m away. When i had the Audiovalve Solaris that was a different story...
Yeah I'm sitting about an arm's length away, and on a warm day it can get pretty toasty to the touch.

I'm curious to hear about the Audiovalve Solaris! That amp looks like a beast. Did you have it and the FA-10 at the same time?

Aug 7, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #1,773 of 2,598

Just remember to keep a headphone connected at all times to keep then circuit completed. Will have less standby heat.

My FA-10 can get quite hot when I turn off the room AC. It even got a smell when it got hot enough. It probably needs a fan pointed at it during such situations.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #1,774 of 2,598
Just remember to keep a headphone connected at all times to keep then circuit completed. Will have less standby heat.

My FA-10 can get quite hot when I turn off the room AC. It even got a smell when it got hot enough. It probably needs a fan pointed at it during such situations.
This could help Fan , I have not received my FA-22 yet but I do have the fan.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #1,776 of 2,598
Aug 21, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,777 of 2,598
Flux Labs doesn’t play with 100.00 postage my FA 22 showed up Thursday. I’m almost there with my system. FA 22 with M2Tech Young MkIII with Van Der Graaf power supply, LSA Diamond headphones and tomorrow will receive IFI Zen Streamer with a lot of power supply conditioning and silver cabling. The FA 22 is a great match for the M2Tech only have about 50 hrs on the 22 I’m getting excited…

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #1,778 of 2,598
Aug 22, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #1,779 of 2,598
Aug 23, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #1,780 of 2,598
Hey Guys, this is my first time posting here and found out about this amplifier through a YouTube video by Sandu from SoundNews channel and I am drawn to this amp because it is of a supposed darker sound signature which I like and is my preferred sound signature.

First off, I really need help in deciding whether to get the FA-10 or the FA-12. I only listen on the Audeze LCD-4z because I am a bass head and I am wondering if there is any advantage to go with FA-10 for its monstrous power, will soundstage and bass be improved with the FA-10? Or should I go with the FA-12 for its darker sound signature and all the extra power the FA-10 provides will be useless and will not give an increase in soundstage and bass?

Also, can i use EQ on the FA-10 to match the sound signature of the FA-12 amp (thus making the FA-10 a no brainer purchase)?

Anyone here who has listened to the Audeze LCD-4z on both the FA-10 and the FA-12 can give me some insights I would really appreciate it to help me narrow down which amp I should order.

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #1,781 of 2,598
Hey Guys, this is my first time posting here and found out about this amplifier through a YouTube video by Sandu from SoundNews channel and I am drawn to this amp because it is of a supposed darker sound signature which I like and is my preferred sound signature.

First off, I really need help in deciding whether to get the FA-10 or the FA-12. I only listen on the Audeze LCD-4z because I am a bass head and I am wondering if there is any advantage to go with FA-10 for its monstrous power, will soundstage and bass be improved with the FA-10? Or should I go with the FA-12 for its darker sound signature and all the extra power the FA-10 provides will be useless and will not give an increase in soundstage and bass?

Also, can i use EQ on the FA-10 to match the sound signature of the FA-12 amp (thus making the FA-10 a no brainer purchase)?

Anyone here who has listened to the Audeze LCD-4z on both the FA-10 and the FA-12 can give me some insights I would really appreciate it to help me narrow down which amp I should order.

Thanks!
From what I have read FA-22 is a half-way point in power and sound signature of Fa-10/Fa-12

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,782 of 2,598
From what I have read FA-22 is a half-way point in power and sound signature of Fa-10/Fa-12
Hmm, it seems the FA-22 is the brighter of the bunch and i really dont like brightness all that much, my main thing i am trying to figure out if the Audeze LCD-4z will benefit of the increased power of the FA-10 and present a larger soundstage and harder slam than the FA-12.

Aug 23, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #1,783 of 2,598
Hmm, it seems the FA-22 is the brighter of the bunch and i really dont like brightness all that much, my main thing i am trying to figure out if the Audeze LCD-4z will benefit of the increased power of the FA-10 and present a larger soundstage and harder slam than the FA-12.
With easier to drive Audeze LCDs and FA-10. I hit a volume ceiling fast in high gain...reason I went to high gain was.. it gave a really dynamic presentation vs medium gain but could not get a balance between medium volume and slightly louder..it went to too loud over a tiny turn of the volume pot.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #1,784 of 2,598
With easier to drive Audeze LCDs and FA-10. I hit a volume ceiling fast in high gain...reason I went to high gain was.. it gave a really dynamic presentation vs medium gain but could not get a balance between medium volume and slightly louder..it went to too loud over a tiny turn of the volume pot.
Write Flux they know your phones and will advise you appropriately

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #1,785 of 2,598
Write Flux they know your phones and will advise you appropriately
Yep, that's what I'm going to do and see what they recommend. I have gotten great advice from some members here and will see what Vitaly's opinion is from Flux.

The appeal of the FCN-10 for me is very high because of it being a one box solution so i don't have to mess with cables, DAC's and different pairings and just be done with it and call it end game haha... hopefully it will be a good pairing with my LCD-4z

Depending on which amp i order, once it arrives i will definitely leave my impressions :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back