Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,591 of 2,598
Mine still appears to be stuck in customs and clearance hell somewhere on the UK border. UPS even took away the estimated delivery date :frowning2:
Mine was shipped via DHL. When given the option when having items shipped I NEVER use UPS. They are far and away THE WORST when it comes to brokerage fees and taxes.

Mine went through Heathrow on its way here on Saturday

Hope you get it soon 👍🏻

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #1,592 of 2,598
Mine still appears to be stuck in customs and clearance hell somewhere on the UK border. UPS even took away the estimated delivery date :frowning2:
Same happened to me. The whole customs delayed the arrival like a week.
At the end i got it alright...
Hope yours goes faster...

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #1,594 of 2,598
Set it up while I was on calls so still need to clean up some of the cables, I also need a bigger desk in the long run, but it does look nice! Initial sound impressions are also super positive.

Attachments

• 0DA943F8-3B96-46B2-AE13-1C9BB9BEE5E5.jpeg
    0DA943F8-3B96-46B2-AE13-1C9BB9BEE5E5.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1512AB15-3663-4D1F-BF90-2EA910B29B61.jpeg
    1512AB15-3663-4D1F-BF90-2EA910B29B61.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #1,595 of 2,598
Set it up while I was on calls so still need to clean up some of the cables, I also need a bigger desk in the long run, but it does look nice! Initial sound impressions are also super positive.
I love the picture in the back :beerchug: Congratulations for your purchase. I hope you enjoy a lot.

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #1,597 of 2,598
Congrats, I emailed up Vitality last week and he said mine should be shipped end of this week. Needless to say im checking my emails on an hourly basis.... painful

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #1,598 of 2,598
I’m going to feed my 12s with line out from an original peachtree nova, with the Sabre chip DAC. Has anyone else attempted this?
I've been feeding it with the line out from my Astell & Kern Kann Alpha which has dual sabre DACs (ES9068AS) and it sounds amazing. The warmth of the 12s really works well with the tons of details from the DAP.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,599 of 2,598
@Slim1970 has the bryston bha1 ever resided amongst your collection? I’m a big fan of their two channel hifi but I’ve not tried it. What I have been lucky enough to try for the past couple of weeks is the Questyle cma800r. Wads of clean power with a slightly sweet top end. The mids are the stand out feature of the presentation, incredible transparency definitely edging the fla amps. I initially thought it might even unseat the fa12, but as usual the 12 came back slugging and has one out again. It’s interesting every time I hear something from the cleaner, neutral side, I’m initially lured by an apparent improvement in transparency, but the reality of at least my reality :wink: is the fa12 has it all plus the extra bit of magic which makes it so beguiling. The decay for example is slightly slower but it just makes it sound more realistic and more human. The mids are lush but the detail is all there and again it’s realism perhaps slightly rose tinted that i love about it. As you say there is nothing mid-fi about the sound of these amps.

A good example of the 12's versatility, last night i was listening with Beyer T1.2's to some feel good pre-COVID drum and bass

You'd think the CMA800r should win out here and while yes its fast and precise, the 12 just delivered a visceral assault on the senses, treble never coming close to rolled off, the stage is deep as it is wide and the bass is just huge but controlled, nuanced and just as fast as the questyle.

Then calm myself down before bed i slipped on my new comfortable pair of musical slippers, the album by the National's front man Matt Berninger

Again, if i was listening to the questyle in isolation i would have been more than happy, but switching back to the FLA, he's in the room, every last harmonic of the guitar strings both bass and lead are just there to touch.

Obviously i appreciate i now know the Fa12 so well that you can hardly call the playing field completely even, but i am keen to have second amp just so i have something home to help give context when i'm listening to new cables, its just so far nothing's come close to matching the all round performance and quality of the 12 in a different flavour.... Hence the Bryston still being of interest, but perhaps the Volot will appear the horizon and save the day... some serious first world concerns i know, but if there's ever been a time when distraction is more desperately needed, its got to be now.

I came back to your post, to thank you again for sharing Matt Berninger music. Right now, I'm listening to it with my HD 800s and the cheap Asus Xonar Essence One (the Volot waiting is killing me) and loving so much...

I love when people here, beside commenting about "machines" and headphones (and also cables :wink:), share some music that they love, that helps me a lot to get deep in some genres that I unknow.

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,603 of 2,598
Has anyone tried FA-10 pro with Hifiman Susvara? Or compared FA-10 with FA-10 pro?
Not the "pro," but the modded one, and I really think the modded FA-10 might be da bee's knees among the three for driving the Susvara,

giphy.gif

To be fair, I never tried the FA-10 pro myself, but when I spoke to Vitally on Facebook about getting an amp for the Susvara, he strongly recommended the FA-10 over the "pro" version. On the other hand, since modding my FA-10, I have never looked back, because I prefer the modded version on several levels, hence my position.

Of course, other mileages may vary, but not mine. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #1,604 of 2,598
Not the "pro," but the modded one, and I really think the modded FA-10 might be da bee's knees among the three for driving the Susvara,

giphy.gif

To be fair, I never tried the FA-10 pro myself, but when I spoke to Vitally on Facebook about an getting an amp for the Susvara, he strongly recommended the FA-10 over the "pro" version. On the other hand, since modding my FA-10, I have never looked back, because I prefer the modded version on several levels, hence my position.

Of course, other mileages may vary, but not mine. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thanks for the info. Can you please explain the different in terms of sound between modded and nonmodded one?

Did you modded yourself or you sent it to someone for the mod? Unfortunately, I don’t live in US so if the modder is in US then two way shipping would be expensive.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #1,605 of 2,598
Thanks for the info. Can you please explain the different in terms of sound between modded and nonmodded one?

Did you modded yourself or you sent it to someone for the mod? Unfortunately, I don’t live in US so if the modder is in US then two way shipping would be expensive.

Please see the following posts on this thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flu...sions-discussion.930883/page-76#post-16043627

And especially this one, which is a direct comparative assessment I made of the two units not long after I got the the modded FA-10 back:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flu...sions-discussion.930883/page-76#post-16049004

The modder was @ksorota who resides in the US, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back