Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Feb 7, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #826 of 996
How does the Volot manage low impedance headphones? I know a lot of people buy it for 1266 or Susvara... But if you also have Meze Empyrean, for example, or other low impedance headphones, can you control well the volume? I suppose in low gain, of course.

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #827 of 996
How does the Volot manage low impedance headphones? I know a lot of people buy it for 1266 or Susvara... But if you also have Meze Empyrean, for example, or other low impedance headphones, can you control well the volume? I suppose in low gain, of course.

While not super low impedance, Focal Utopia is just 80 Ohms supposedly but very high sensitivity (104dB/mW) And I have great range to work with at low gain. Gain here mostly changes the volume without much difference in sound. But I'm running it via XLR from my May which already has high voltage which means high volume, you won't have any problems with volume control for high sensitivity / low impedance headphones here for sure. I did hear that Andromeda IEM's are gonna be a problem with hiss but they are super low impedance and super high sensitivity.

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #828 of 996
Volot does a great job with the LCD-5 which is 14 ohms, 90 dB/mw. I use it on high gain comfortably and have plenty of volume range. Mid gain works too but I just leave it on high cause that is the gain I use for the 1266.

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #830 of 996
I have another question related to the last I made: how many "steps" has the Volot volume pot?. I couldn't find that info in the product specs.
Just rotated the volume through it's range and I heard about 60 clicks. It's hard to count them all because if you spin the knob fast it will jump some steps or at least you don't hear all of the relay clicks. The range of the volume knob is from 6 o'clock to 4 o'clock and you get usable range from about 5 o'clock to 3 o'clock. The relay's don't click at the very beginning or end of the knob travel. I would say most of my listening on high gain with 1266, lcd-5, and ether cx, is between 11 o'clock and 2 o'clock. But the volume is exponential so it gets louder pretty quick after 12 o'clock.

Feb 13, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #831 of 996
hard to imagine listening to the lcd-5 at the same volume as the 1266 which is so much more difficult to drive

Feb 20, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #833 of 996
Volot finally landed at my home despite the dangers looming in Ukraine.
I started the burn in with Susvara but immediately I was amazed by the speed of the transients, absolute control of the low range and amplitude of the soundstage.
It makes you feel all the energy and rhythm of the music while maintaining balance in the tonality.
I love him already.

Feb 21, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #834 of 996
Volot finally landed at my home despite the dangers looming in Ukraine.
I started the burn in with Susvara but immediately I was amazed by the speed of the transients, absolute control of the low range and amplitude of the soundstage.
It makes you feel all the energy and rhythm of the music while maintaining balance in the tonality.
I love him already.

Congrats :)

Was it you who ordered the second pre-amp version?

Feb 24, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #840 of 996
Yes Sandu Vitalie is the reviewer/founder of SoundNews youtube channel and site and Vitaliy Barchan is the owner/operator of Flux Labs accoustics. Sandu is in Romania I believe and Vataliy is in Ukraine.

Thinking of the Flux and Rebel amp teams this morning... I hope they are both safe and back up in running shortly. They certainly could use our support here in the near future once this is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back