Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jul 30, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #376 of 996
Is this for the amp or the remote? My remote has been stuck for 2 days at clearance now ("Clearance in Progress"). Surprising given how quick it was for the amp.

Looks like it finally unstucked and is traveling.

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #378 of 996
I think 1 report on here of a part melting is concerning but we should over emphasize it. For example on the Burson soloist 3XP thread there are 100s of happy users on headfi but you head over to headphone.com forum and there are a few guys where it ate their susvara. so each sample conversation can over or under emphasize certain things.
ah this is true about the burson. The amp is a beast that it ate my HE6V2. The only victim in my collection but also one my favourite headphones. Thankfully I bought 2 HE6V2 so the other one is still alive. The lesson of the story is quality is life to a headphones. I was expecting that my headphones would one day go kaput from my Tubes AMPs but yeah, it first got kaput from a solid state.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #380 of 996
Today I received the remote. It's of a good quality, but it isn't specifically created for the Volot, it does have many more buttons than those needed.
Not possible to set gain and input with it, it just controls volume and (nice!) mute.
The volume pot doesn't mechanically turn while setting volume with the remote, if you turn it you're immediately back to the volume you had set previously with it.
I just added the commands to my Logitech Harmony and that does work as well, being an IR implementation. As supposed, there's a receiver which has to be attached to the jack at the back.

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #381 of 996
Today I received the remote. It's of a good quality, but it isn't specifically created for the Volot, it does have many more buttons than those needed.
Not possible to set gain and input with it, it just controls volume and (nice!) mute.
The volume pot doesn't mechanically turn while setting volume with the remote, if you turn it you're immediately back to the volume you had set previously with it.
I just added the commands to my Logitech Harmony and that does work as well, being an IR implementation. As supposed, there's a receiver which has to be attached to the jack at the back.
The remote similar behaved in my FA-10.

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #383 of 996

Attachments

• 20210802_230005.jpg
    20210802_230005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #385 of 996
My FA-10 amp's remote is more generic. But I think it's more practical than Fafner's. Though Fafnir's definitely looks more special.

It also needs a receiver dongle that connects separately from the back of the amp.

Volume up/down & mute.

20210404_065901.jpg

Attachments

• 20210404_065913.jpg
    20210404_065913.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #386 of 996
I guess they wanted to include something with more premium feeling. Once you get used to the buttons you need, it's not really a problem.

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #389 of 996
Mayby I'm wrong, but the Volot not being available does prohibit Soundnews posting his review a bit.

Anyways, I am an proud owner of the Volot for a couple of days, powering a Susvara. Now at 60 hours burn-in.

Will be posting my experience in detail in the upcoming weeks, it is clear that the Volot needs at least 50, but probably 100 minimum to sound at it best. The first few hours, it sounded horribly cold and way too aggressive.

After initial burn-in, compared to my Naim Supernait 2 and Hi-cap PSU combo (retails at 5-6k) it is very impressive. Although I need way more time to be sure, I can imagine selling my Naim gear in favor of the Volot.

The Susvara sounds extremely fast, detailed and open on the Volot. It is clearly fully extended on both frequency extremes. Of all things, the Volot is not a delicate or refined amp. But for my taste of music: melodic techno and electronic music: wow... So much speed, Prat, Detail, Energy... I need to recalibrate, mentally, but also my EQ and HQplayer preferences.

Will report back, after more burn-in time, to share more details of my experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back