Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jul 10, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #286 of 996
The faulty unit definitely needs to go back to Flux if only for them to make sure it won't happen to the other units especially the ones that have been shipped already. They need to ascertain the cause and share the information with their customers. For this reason they should cover return shipping as well as that of the new unit to you. As a relatively new brand this is damage limitation and sending out the right message to the market.

Jul 10, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #287 of 996
A final update on all of this is that Flux provided me with shipping labels and I will be sending it off on Monday since shipping services are closed until then where I'm from. I've asked for a replacement Volot which should be here in a few weeks. I will update if anything changes or just when the amp gets here. Thanks for the advice and I'm looking forward to hearing the Volot again

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #289 of 996
Mine has been running continuously for the last 50h, with music playing during the day. Nothing burnt so far 🤣

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #290 of 996
Mine has been running continuously for the last 50h, with music playing during the day. Nothing burnt so far 🤣
Glad you're not having any problems with yours. Do you have any new impressions with the 1266?

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #291 of 996
Glad you're not having any problems with yours. Do you have any new impressions with the 1266?
Haven't really listened to it, I'm just letting the pair go for a while.
But just after a few hours I could notice the sound opened up and gained quite a bit more detail at the top. Eager to see at possible further improvements.

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #292 of 996
As an update, FLA follows this forum and have decided to either offer a replacement amp or a refund instead of the transformer replacement. I am not sure what to do at the moment but continue to appreciate their support with this issue.
This is terrible optics. Flux is observing the thread:

Offer him a complete refund, and then overnight him a transformer and help him contact a licensed technician.

You'll only lose one customer sale...

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #293 of 996
A final update on all of this is that Flux provided me with shipping labels and I will be sending it off on Monday since shipping services are closed until then where I'm from. I've asked for a replacement Volot which should be here in a few weeks. I will update if anything changes or just when the amp gets here. Thanks for the advice and I'm looking forward to hearing the Volot again
Great news,i have been considering the volot,and looking forward to more impressions once you get your replacement.
wise move sending the original one back,and having it thoroughly checked out by them….

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #294 of 996
Dropped the amp off at the shipping service this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing if Flux can determine a more specific cause of failure so we can avoid that sort of problem in the future.

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #295 of 996
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #296 of 996
Not to derail this thread in the least, but just saw on FB that Flux now has a FA-22? And it's on sale. Anyone know anything about this amp? Where does it fall power/sonically within the line up? The web write up is pretty cryptic.

https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/fa-22-balance-class-a-head-amplifier/
I think there are two people in the other Flux thread that ordered them. Not sure if there are any impressions yet though. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flu...eviews-impressions-discussion.930883/page-117

Jul 13, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #297 of 996
Not to derail this thread in the least, but just saw on FB that Flux now has a FA-22? And it's on sale. Anyone know anything about this amp? Where does it fall power/sonically within the line up? The web write up is pretty cryptic.

https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/fa-22-balance-class-a-head-amplifier/
Regarding its output power specs, did you look under "Additional information" on the page that you have linked?

Output power16Ohm : 5W RMS per channel, 32Ohm : 2.5W RMS per channel

Jul 13, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #298 of 996
Think I'm about 70h power on time, with about 50h music pushing into my AB1266. The sound keeps opening up and extending, expecially at the top. Now it's clear that when not burned-in, the sound is almost congested, closed in. I always had this with previous amps, but it never was so transformative.
Yesterday I listened to Salonen's Rite of Spring (DG, 96/24 Qobuz) and to Fischer's Mahler 2th (Channel Classics, 192/24 Qobuz) and it was magical. There was an absolute sense of music easily flowing, and finally the so well known speaker-like presentation of the Abyss was there in its full evidence. The Mahler was one of the recordings my Malvalve wasn't up to the task, the gain was just not enough for the Abyss and it used to loose full control on the most intricate passages. You think it's not bad but just realize it was in fact when you try something superior. Nothing similar with the Volot, you don't get the impression this thing is even approaching some kind of limits even in the most problematic moments. Clarity is untouched and dynamics seem to be limitless.
My only quibble is one which seem to be there on other Flux amps as well and to be a design choice. On the second half, the volume steps of the volume pot are just a bit too pronounced and it's not very easy to set the perfect desired volume.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #299 of 996
I was informed that remotes are in the house and will be shipped shortly. These will allow a finer volume adjustment.

Btw, wasn't today the supposed Soundnews review's day? Nothing so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back