Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 996

teknorob23

Member of the Trade: Network Acoustics
If like me you've been impressed with Flux Lab Acoustics FA range, then i suspect you might be being equally tantalised by the hopefully imminent launch of their new TOTL headphone Amplifier, the VOLOT.

So far the VOLOT living up to it's name sakes Mythical billing, but if rumours are to be believed, it is now a reality and in the hands of some lucky reviewers, so hopefully we'll hear more soon, but i thought in the meantime we could perhaps do with a place speculate while we wait patiently for it's arrival.

Hopefully this will quickly turn into impressions and reviews but here what i know so far and look forward to hearing from anyone who can add to this (taken from Flux's own social):

At first thank 👍 you for feedbacks for our last post about the new amplifier, but we guess It's time to disclose the cards🃏. Meet, a new ultimate headphones amplifier FLUX VOLOT. Let's deal about the main features which it provides 👀 * dual mono design, with separated toroidal transformer for each chanel * output stage is based using Toshiba bipolar transistors with a supply voltage of 80 volts * output power is 16 Watt on 32 Ohm load, that fact is provides absolute control and dynamics even for most hard to drive headphones on market like HIFIMAN SUSVARA or ABYSS 1266 * 4 GAIN modes provides excellent flexibility and matching not only for low sensitive or high impedance headphones but also could be used with high sensitivity IEMs * Premium Swiss reley from TE Connectivity with PdRu+Au contact material in addition to TAKMAN REY series resistors are used at volume control part.

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 09.03.15.png

To be continued....

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 996
continuing...

67703562_515519878989031_5098876713002074112_o.jpg

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 996
Is the Volot the same amplifier that Flux uses inside the Atlas? I thought I read that somewhere.

I don't think so. According to the Headfonia review, "The Atlas puts out 2600mW RMS per channel at 32Ohm, 1700mW RMS per channel at 50Ohm and 360mW RMS per channel at 300Ohm." The opening post above specifies "output power" of the VOLOT at "16 Watt on 32 Ohm load", so I'd say the Volot differs quite a bit from the amp in the ATLAS.

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 996
Excited for the Volot... I've been saving for quite some time now and am down to likely either a Volot or a Formula S + Powerman for my next amp.

I was considering the Wells amp, Mini GSX, Audio-gd master 9 / he9, and Moon 430 but I just don't think those will be able to keep up with the other options. Niimbus US4+ would be an ultimate dream but it's pricing is way way too high.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #8 of 996
Any news about? I hope the price don't go too far from 2000 $...

I am afraid its more than that... In a post in FB, they were saying at $4K...

1613068792143.png

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 996
really dig the layout

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #10 of 996
Last September I had an email exchange with Vitaly

“About VOLOT project, it on the final lap of engineering, and might be presented in one month or so. That is another level of technical implementation of high power headphones amplifier, which consists of many strong points what were discussed at head-fi thread talking about FA-10. VOLOT expected price is about 2.5-2.6k USD, not deal about that yet”

however I don’t know if that target price before they decided to include it as a preamp functionality.

We as a consumer may be seeing a bit of this:

1*TaaTiWk0a8XLbZZ-Il6Fgg.png

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 996

“About VOLOT project, it on the final lap of engineering, and might be presented in one month or so. That is another level of technical implementation of high power headphones amplifier, which consists of many strong points what were discussed at head-fi thread talking about FA-10. VOLOT expected price is about 2.5-2.6k USD, not deal about that yet”

however I don’t know if that target price before they decided to include it as a preamp functionality.

4k pushes it way out of range for me and sure for lot others...quite a bit to gulp!

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 996

If it will be 4K, I prefer to buy Atlas to have more options and also a DAC included (the only thing I don't like about Atlas, aside from it's price, is the tactile screen that I don't know if will be durable).

I hope it will be 2 K or 2,5 at most... Thank you for the answers.

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 996
If it will be 4K, I prefer to buy Atlas to have more options and also a DAC included (the only thing I don't like about Atlas, aside from it's price, is the tactile screen that I don't know if will be durable).

I hope it will be 2 K or 2,5 at most... Thank you for the answers.

I hear ya... If the price is $4k I'm immediately going with a Xi Audio Formula S + Powerman combo (used). I'd also be very careful on the Atlas and their prior gen stuff as it may not have the same technical capabilities and sound signature that the FA-10 / FA-12 have been getting.

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #15 of 996
Guys, please chill : i asked Vitaly on FB about a possible price increase of the Volot yesterday, and this is the exact response I have received from him just this morning, warts and all:

"Thank you for asking, mess with pricing was caused when the unit were announced, but for now because of production optimisation so for now the expected price point is 2550 USD"

My translation : There's really no substantial price increase envisaged for the Volot because of production optimization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back