Florida Audio Expo Feb 8-10
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
Will anyone be attending ? I see a lack of headphone vendors but i see a ton of headphone source/amp vendors....

I was hoping this event would have more traction on the headphone side, but maybe next years will, so lets have a big showing this year in hopes it'll bring more vendors !! Because Florida and the SE region just lack any big headphone events !

https://floridaaudioexpo.com/

I Hope to meet some new local head-fiers there !

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 15
I'm planning on attending. Has anyone gone to one of the prior expos?

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 15
Going to my first CanJam in NY on the 16th. I'm in Florida, so maybe this could be my warmup.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 15
A couple of us are talking about going ...

Feb 16, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #8 of 15
Went to the show last weekend hoping to find at least a couple of headphone vendors. The only one was in the aisle on the second floor. The setup I listened to was a $2100- Manhattan head
amp/preamp, driving a pair of Audeze LCD 2's. It was fed from a small laptop. The program was a classical offering. It sounded cold & sterile & was totally lacking in any low frequency content. This was not the fault of the phones & I am sure the amplifier is capable of better quality reproduction, as it can put out 6 watts per channel. If I were seriously looking to purchase a system & did not know any better, I would not have considered this setup.

If Audeze knew how their phones were being presented, they would be very upset. As a recording engineer & circuit designer I know how things should sound.
Bill Wilson

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 15
Went to the show last weekend hoping to find at least a couple of headphone vendors. The only one was in the aisle on the second floor. The setup I listened to was a $2100- Manhattan head
amp/preamp, driving a pair of Audeze LCD 2's. It was fed from a small laptop. The program was a classical offering. It sounded cold & sterile & was totally lacking in any low frequency content. This was not the fault of the phones & I am sure the amplifier is capable of better quality reproduction, as it can put out 6 watts per channel. If I were seriously looking to purchase a system & did not know any better, I would not have considered this setup.

If Audeze knew how their phones were being presented, they would be very upset. As a recording engineer & circuit designer I know how things should sound.
Bill Wilson

I listened to all of the amps they had available. The guy repping mytek seemed pretty clueless for someone in his position. I liked the way my system sounds more than any of the amps/dacs they were shwoing off.

Feb 16, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #10 of 15

Bill Wilson
Audeze was there next to the deja vu audio room

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #13 of 15
I totally messed up I think. How many floors were there for audio? All I saw was Mytek, MBL AUDIO, Martin Logan, VAC, and like two other speaker companies? Where did I mess up
Sorry ya there wasn't very many and i believe the expo was the first ever and it was a week before canjam NYC there are 0 headphone major events in the Southeast region of the United States. So im hoping things get picked up next year and more headphone companies show up and i hope they change the date too.

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 15
I wonder why they dont have one down here. I mean we have colorado and california in the west having two big events. Then we have new york. It only makes sense to throw one down in atlanta or florida!

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #15 of 15
I wonder why they dont have one down here. I mean we have colorado and california in the west having two big events. Then we have new york. It only makes sense to throw one down in atlanta or florida!
Ya i think atlanta is the best place position wise but florida has alot of spots to host one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back