Flip Flop? + Triple.Fi Questions
Nov 13, 2008 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

MetroBBOY

100+ Head-Fier
Newb question/s

I just purchased the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro. Yes its my 2nd IEM, an upgrade from the Shure SE310

Anyway i just received the package in my office, yet to open it. I have a few questions though.

1a. Flip Flop Mod? I read about here but can someone point me to images/description. I used the SE310 over my ears. Explanation thanks

1b. Im a bit nervous opening it, as the Triple.Fi's look massive!! Anyway should i be worried to the point where the Triple.Fi's greatly signify better SQ compared to the Shure SE310, and realize i forget about the big size?

Sorry for the questions, but if i dont open it, i can upgrade to the SE530, but reading from the threads here, most ppl like the Triple.Fi's...

Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 99
the triple fi are certainly better than se310 no doubt about it, but really depends what you want from the sound. there is no better earphones when it comes to se530 vs triple fi, im sure most would agree with that but it does depend what sound you like to determine what you would prefer

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 99
Im a JFH Instructor. (Jazz/Funk/Hip Hop Teacher) So predominant music is within that genre. I liked the SE310 because it sounds generally unbiased for all types of music.

You could say my music is forward sounding with bit of energy. A lot of the tracks have orchestra synthesis (Violins/Trumpets/Sax etc) What is the bass quality/quantity compared to the SE310. I hear the Triple.Fi is more neutral but produces punchy bass, but more renowned for mids/high notes.

Again sorry for the pedanticness. I have never spent $599 AUD for a set of earphones. Money came from my own hip pocket
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 99
you flip the headphones you put the R into your left ear and the L in your right ear along with that you flip the cable to still keep the r side going through the l earphone and the l side going through the r earphone

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #6 of 99
MetroBBOY how much did you pay for your triple fi?

So that means u put the right cable into your left ear piece? and vice versa? if that is the case then i might consider getting them... coz i dont want to wear it over the ear, and by default the ear pieces looks weird if not wearing like that.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 99
i thought the curve of the ear piece would be tucked in towards the ear and stick out less :p rather than out. so is that how the flip flop mod works? very easy.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you flip the headphones you put the R into your left ear and the L in your right ear along with that you flip the cable to still keep the r side going through the l earphone and the l side going through the r earphone

So you have to physically pull the cables out to switch from R to L? And are you wearing them over the ears so they dont stick out less? Is there a diagram for IEM newbs? ive googled with no success.

member1982, I live in Australia, so i paid $599 AU inc. tax. Apparently the UE's increased in price. I actually saw these for $429 AU 3 months ago. So its approx. $398.629 USD

And i STILL havent opened the box yet... Crazy hey

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #11 of 99
MetroBBOY, you can get the Triple Fis still for $430... one shop have not yet increased the price. www.staticice.com try that and you'll see. I was going to get it, but decided against it im torn between IEM and a portable on ear.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 99
Are you australian member1982? Hmm i just opened the top seal, but havent unveiled the contents yet. (Trying to prepare some choreo)

Im going to call the mob i got mine from. Im going to ask for a credit back as i dont think i would be bothered to return them. $429 is a MUCH MUCH better price. And thanks for explaining hockeyb213 on how the flip flop works.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #14 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroBBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you australian member1982? Hmm i just opened the top seal, but havent unveiled the contents yet. (Trying to prepare some choreo) Im going to call the mob i got mine from. Im going to ask for a credit back as i dont think i would be bothered to return them. $429 is a MUCH MUCH better price.

Yup, yeah thats what the price was before 3 month ago. :p now its 600+ in alot of shops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroBBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for explaining hockeyb213 on how the flip flop works.

Yeah thanks Hockeyb213, sounds very easy to do. I was wondering how that works... hehe now im still deciding... Triple Fi Pro 10 or Audio Technica ESW9 hehe

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 99
Aw member1982, i just spoke to the guys, and YES they will giving me a credit back on my credit card!!! WOOO. Thank goodness for that.

Im not too sure if i want to try the flip flop mod yet. im a bit nervous in pulling them out. then again ppl here dont have much issues with it. Im keen on that cable everyone talks about. the Null Audio Enyo. Hmm i dislike Black though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back