flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 6, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #33,466 of 39,414
Im like 99% sure this is just the Annihilator and not the X. The X is a black shell/cable and the picture he uploaded looks identical to the Annihilator demo I have. 🤷🏽‍♂️
It actually is the X. I conferred with Lee himself. BGGAR requested the classic Annihilator shell design for his X as he isn't a fan of the black shells aesthetic.

Badboy will get the Venom (black/gold cable) at a later date.

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #33,467 of 39,414
It actually is the X. I conferred with Lee himself. BGGAR requested the classic Annihilator shell design for his X as he isn't a fan of the black shells aesthetic.

I'm a little tempted by the Elysians, that purple marble-like faceplate they have is gorgeous, would work wonders with a clear shell. If the sockets were 2pin I would've placed my order already

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #33,468 of 39,414

Ahhh!

I'm a little tempted by the Elysians, that purple marble-like faceplate they have is gorgeous, would work wonders with a clear shell. If the sockets were 2pin I would've placed my order already
Haha I think I can say with confidence you’d probably hate them. Clarity, upper mid range and treble are all there in spades.

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #33,469 of 39,414
Ahhh!

Haha I think I can say with confidence you’d probably hate them. Clarity, upper mid range and treble are all there in spades.
I'm down the treble but overly clear is an eek indeed. I'm just desperate for new IEMs D:

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #33,472 of 39,414
You can message Elysian Labs via Facebook to inquire and place an order (https://www.facebook.com/elysianacousticlabs/)
I must be old -I would never use this method for ordering anything expensive, or pretty much anything where I ghad to give any such info over Facebook. I will not even order from a website if there is no actual physical address listed, and no phone number - or a phone that is posted on a web site, but is not answered by a human....

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #33,473 of 39,414
It's best to exercise caution when using cotton swabs, though. More often than not, they can end up pushing wax further down the ear canal and compacting them against the ear drum. They're really only usable to clean up excess wax around the walls of the canal, and only when you're sure your ears are completely free of solid wax. For a safer, deeper clean, I'd recommend a cleaning tool with a built-in otoscope, which is a tiny camera. I recently got the Xiaomi BeBird M9 Pro, and it's absolutely superb. It's got interchangeable heads, and you can access the otoscope with a phone app via Wi-Fi. So, you can see exactly what you're doing, and you can take screenshots as well. :D It charges wirelessly too, which is convenient.

1625501146657.png
Bought one and got it this morning - lots of permissions required, and I am not sure what my ears are supposed to liook like inside, but it seems like an awesome gizmo, with lots of tech, lots of accessories, and we shall see how it goes..... Thanks for the referral

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #33,474 of 39,414
I must be old -I would never use this method for ordering anything expensive, or pretty much anything where I ghad to give any such info over Facebook. I will not even order from a website if there is no actual physical address listed, and no phone number - or a phone that is posted on a web site, but is not answered by a human....
Lol

This is the how things are done these days (for smaller companies) afaik. Lee himself responds to inquires on Facebook and all payments are done through PayPal as an official invoice. Not just this, but we have folks like @Precogvision and Crinacle vouching for him as well. This industry is built from word of mouth and trust, and Lee definitely delivers.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #33,475 of 39,414
Part of the allure of the IEM world is all of these smaller outfits popping up, driven by passion and innovating as they go. I don't think a fancy website should be a neccessity, just good QC.

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #33,477 of 39,414
Legit has a cleaner upper mid range than the Erlkonig which to me is already like crystal clear 😻

Obv just based off memory, but I feel confident enough to say that at least from what I’m hearing.
sounds insane.

erlky is already absurdly clear, especially with a high-end silver cable.

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #33,479 of 39,414
He has a website in the works where you will be able to purchase his products.

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #33,480 of 39,414
He has a website in the works where you will be able to purchase his products.
I still feel woozy/disoriented just a little bit, every time I pass by a closed Sears storefront.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back