flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 5, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #32,371 of 39,414
We're back in sub $2k land, time for some eye candy.

20210605_171913.jpg
Surprisingly the MW10 sounds the best off the stock super litz despite rolling with the Monile and the Nobunaga Labs cable I got with it. Might have to get the super litz in 4.4.

Despite the price tag though, the MW10 seems to be laden with the standard CFA sub par mmcx sockets. I have no issues popping the stock off, but it was tougher with the Nobunaga Labs, and the Monile was just so tight it more or less stayed in placed and I cracked my thumb and fore finger nails on both hands trying to swap it back out. Cable rollers beware if you want to try this.
You need one of these admittedly overpriced pieces of plastic...

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/final-audio-mmcx-assist-for-in-ear-monitor-iem-earphone

Jun 5, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #32,373 of 39,414
Despite the price tag though, the MW10 seems to be laden with the standard CFA sub par mmcx sockets. I have no issues popping the stock off, but it was tougher with the Nobunaga Labs, and the Monile was just so tight it more or less stayed in placed and I cracked my thumb and fore finger nails on both hands trying to swap it back out. Cable rollers beware if you want to try this.
I actually like the secure fit of the CFA MMCX sockets, but I know what you mean. My fingers were bruised after cable swapping on my Vega 2020. I ordered some MMCX assist cable removal tools from aliexpress the next day.

Jun 5, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #32,374 of 39,414

I actually like the secure fit of the CFA MMCX sockets, but I know what you mean. My fingers were bruised after cable swapping on my Vega 2020. I ordered some MMCX assist cable removal tools from aliexpress the next day.
Yeah, I've seen those price is admittedly a bit high.

Plus Im looking at the A8K/ SK for my next acquisition and I don't cable roll as much with my mmcx iems anyways.

Not that the M4 has mmcx of a bad quality. Removing the Monile off my M4 was the equivalent of popping the super litz off on the MW10.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #32,376 of 39,414
Someone here tried the QDC Anole V14 ?

I have one right now. Anything specific you wanted to know?

Interactive graph: https://precog.squig.link/?share=qdc_Anole_V14_(OFF)

All stock settings:

CB925A6D-4C9C-4C7E-A990-017F4AF98C00.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #32,377 of 39,414
Yeah, I've seen those price is admittedly a bit high.

Plus Im looking at the A8K/ SK for my next acquisition and I don't cable roll as much with my mmcx iems anyways.

Not that the M4 has mmcx of a bad quality. Removing the Monile off my M4 was the equivalent of popping the super litz off on the MW10.
Well, high for what it is. I mean 10 bucks for a crappy little piece of plastic. However, in the grand scheme of this hobby... chump change.

Jun 5, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #32,378 of 39,414

You don't know how much r&d went into it. :p

Dorado 2020 is the first IEM I've struggled to get the cable off...I wonder if it's to do with that shell type. I ordered one of those plastic assist tools and it works like a charm.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #32,379 of 39,414
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #32,380 of 39,414
Jun 6, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #32,381 of 39,414
I’m very close to pulling the trigger on one. Hoped for more impressions but there aren’t many out there it seems.

If you liked the VX, you’ll like the refined nature of the V14. I’ve had so many recent purchases it’s been hard to get time on all of them due to being busy with other things. ✌️

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #32,382 of 39,414
thanks for the graph , did had the VX also? how´s the difference , or i see you also have the u12t , can you give me a little compare to u12t and maybe anole vx ? thanks very much

Yup, I have the VX right now too! I haven’t given them too much listening time yet, but I prefer the VX. V14 is slightly brighter. Whereas VX leans plasticky, the V14’s treble delves into metallic territory. Honestly, I was talking with someone else and we both agreed that the ESTs in the V14 are being squandered lol. There's other small differences (V14's bass/midrange transients are denser), but the sound profile is mostly the same otherwise.

Main difference between the two and the U12t is that the U12t dips upper-midrange and has a much more air-oriented treble response. So it comes off as smoother and more laidback. Think they're all similar levels of resolving.

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #32,383 of 39,414
Yup, I have the VX right now too! I haven’t given them too much listening time yet, but I prefer the VX. V14 is slightly brighter. Whereas VX leans plasticky, the V14’s treble delves into metallic territory. Honestly, I was talking with someone else and we both agreed that the ESTs in the V14 are being squandered lol. There's other small differences (V14's bass/midrange transients are denser), but the sound profile is mostly the same otherwise.

Main difference between the two and the U12t is that the U12t dips upper-midrange and has a much more air-oriented treble response. So it comes off as smoother and more laidback. Think they're all similar levels of resolving.
Thanks for this :)

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #32,384 of 39,414

Is this true even with the treble switch down? The VX was already bordering on sizzle-y for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back