flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 9, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #28,787 of 39,414
Sorry guys, I don’t mean to shift the chat towards the Traillii, but my wife made me laugh today, so I couldn’t resist to share it with you... :smile:

When I showed her the picture of Traillii, her first reaction was : “Wow! They look like ham!” 🤣
With her, everything somehow has to revolve around food, but I have to admit she totally nailed it on this one! They look like a fine piece of Serrano ham!! :beyersmile:

C59572E3-076D-4CAF-A528-9498AB018447.jpeg
549FE18F-F57D-4278-B786-4AF1B9C44DAE.jpeg

Even the shape looks like the piggy leg

AA881CE8-3977-431D-8441-6B78F7D5CCB1.jpeg

So I couldn’t resist making a very poor Photoshop 🤣 :

21C5458D-3A27-4554-ADEB-29769859368E.jpeg

I’m not sure if that’s what the guys at Oriolus were aiming for but I think it’s quite convincing!!!

PS : Pictures credit to @twister6 ’s review (for the Oriolus obviously, not the ham... :) )
Lovely - my wife and me are big time in food and a delicious "pata negra" is unbeatable. Since we are sometimes in Madrid we always buy some - I'll next time check if we find a matching colour to the Birdy...
So you are lucky - you have 3 senses being pleased to the outmost possible - vision, taste and listening - what else do we need in paradis !

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #28,788 of 39,414
If I recall correctly, it is indeed Wagyu that is graded on marbling; a scale from 3-12. Whereas the ham is typically graded on how long its been aged (similar to parmesan and balsamic vinegar)?
not comparable - Wagyu is beef and jambon serrano is porc - it just shows how universal the Traillii is - as already mentioned by others - it plays to ALL TUNES !
But it certainly beats either of them in terms of price/kg - that is true.
We eat by the way both - Wagyu in France is imported from Australia (not Japan) and tastes incredible - so instead of buying 1kg of normal meat we buy 200g of Wagyu for the same price and it does the job. Like the Traillii - less is more...

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #28,789 of 39,414
You guys are way off, it's not wagyu. It's trailli iberico, duh.

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #28,790 of 39,414
not comparable - Wagyu is beef and jambon serrano is porc - it just shows how universal the Traillii is - as already mentioned by others - it plays to ALL TUNES !
But it certainly beats either of them in terms of price/kg - that is true.
We eat by the way both - Wagyu in France is imported from Australia (not Japan) and tastes incredible - so instead of buying 1kg of normal meat we buy 200g of Wagyu for the same price and it does the job. Like the Traillii - less is more...

Traillii will arrive in a month:relaxed:

but a new problem has arisen:
... I'm vegetarian. :upside_down:

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #28,791 of 39,414
Traillii will arrive in a month:relaxed:

but a new problem has arisen:
... I'm vegetarian. :upside_down:
don't worry about that, you are safe - it has NO real meat inside - but a lot of goodies like rare earths, copper, and moste likely some zink, alu and a few other metals that are very healthy. It has NO glucose and is absolutely gluten free !!! So it is safe for people with health conditions and money allergies ! Best of all - the expiry date is far in the future - so you can store it - no refrigeration required either - so simple and so solid.
But don't forget to unwrap it before consumption :blush: !

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #28,792 of 39,414
Sorry guys, I don’t mean to shift the chat towards the Traillii, but my wife made me laugh today, so I couldn’t resist to share it with you... :smile:

When I showed her the picture of Traillii, her first reaction was : “Wow! They look like ham!” 🤣
With her, everything somehow has to revolve around food, but I have to admit she totally nailed it on this one! They look like a fine piece of Serrano ham!! :beyersmile:

C59572E3-076D-4CAF-A528-9498AB018447.jpeg
549FE18F-F57D-4278-B786-4AF1B9C44DAE.jpeg

Even the shape looks like the piggy leg

AA881CE8-3977-431D-8441-6B78F7D5CCB1.jpeg

So I couldn’t resist making a very poor Photoshop 🤣 :

21C5458D-3A27-4554-ADEB-29769859368E.jpeg

I’m not sure if that’s what the guys at Oriolus were aiming for but I think it’s quite convincing!!!

PS : Pictures credit to @twister6 ’s review (for the Oriolus obviously, not the ham... :) )
nominee for best post so far of 2021...

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #28,793 of 39,414
don't worry about that, you are safe - it has NO real meat inside - but a lot of goodies like rare earths, copper, and moste likely some zink, alu and a few other metals that are very healthy. It has NO glucose and is absolutely gluten free !!! So it is safe for people with health conditions and money allergies ! Best of all - the expiry date is far in the future - so you can store it - no refrigeration required either - so simple and so solid.
But don't forget to unwrap it before consumption :blush: !

Wow, such an ingenious answer!
"expiry date is far in the future", "gluten free" and "no refrigeration required":

So funny!
Thanks fr that! :grin:

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #28,794 of 39,414
I am wondering whether the Bass will bleed into the Ham-range if you are at a buffet....

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #28,795 of 39,414
Wow, such an ingenious answer!
"expiry date is far in the future", "gluten free" and "no refrigeration required":

So funny!
Thanks fr that! :grin:

Gives new meaning to the phrase "smoke-d and mirrors"

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #28,796 of 39,414
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before as well.

I’ve actually also read that even though the S.K is warmer and musical, it is also noticeably brighter than the A8000.

So it definitely seems like the graphs are right with that. But again it’s still all speculations right now. It’s almost as if we’re reliving the Fourte and Noir again 😂

But yeah, we gotta wait for the almighty @crinacle to do the honour of measuring the second coming of the Noir 😂

EDIT: And as for the Elysium, it just looked to me that the upper mid elevation was quite similar. But that is true the brighter treble of the S.K based on that graph would definitely be quite a noticeable difference.

Graphs of an iem that does not yet exist in Final form (pun intended).

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #28,798 of 39,414
nominee for best post so far of 2021...
Yes - and the butcher says: FRESH DELIVERY - GET YOUR SLICE OF THE TRAILII BIRD - 1000 kauri shells for 1g of Traillii - first come first serve. I agree - we should nominate this photos for to be a serious candidate for best of.... - i am surely putting my hands up for it. It was/is a genius photo.

Good to have some fun in our serious world...

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #28,799 of 39,414
Lovely - my wife and me are big time in food and a delicious "pata negra" is unbeatable. Since we are sometimes in Madrid we always buy some - I'll next time check if we find a matching colour to the Birdy...
So you are lucky - you have 3 senses being pleased to the outmost possible - vision, taste and listening - what else do we need in paradis !
May I propose you also post this on this thread ?

Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread

I think it would be funny there too..

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #28,800 of 39,414
May I propose you also post this on this thread ?

Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread

I think it would be funny there too..

In other words'' Ham it up all you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back