flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 1, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #11,447 of 39,411
cant say more or the post will be deleted.

bust1.gif

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #11,448 of 39,411
So as it seems we're gently moving back from profound world-threatening matters to unnecessarily expensive audio equipment, I'll be trying something different but mostly not so different this week : ) My A&K got lonely, so I found it a companion.

IMG-20180731-WA0004.jpg

I can already decisively say that when comparing them, the Onyx Black looks sexy AF.

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #11,449 of 39,411
So as it seems we're gently moving back from profound world-threatening matters to unnecessarily expensive audio equipment, I'll be trying something different but mostly not so different this week : ) My A&K got lonely, so I found it a companion.

I can already decisively say that when comparing them, the Onyx Black looks sexy AF.
Chassis material?

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #11,450 of 39,411

Is that the AK380 CU?

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #11,451 of 39,411
Chassis material?
It's an exhaustive process to make, so the R&D cost is high. They take large stock piles of cash, incinerate them, and press the ashes in between two 3-ton blocks of pure gold, and repeat the process until the ashes form a semi reflective surface, whereupon you can start to see the faces of the souls who gave up the money. They then polish the surface to a mirror finish using diamonds, so that tears can roll down the surface without any friction. They truly spared no expense. Worth it IYO, YYMV, OBGYN.

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #11,453 of 39,411
anyone knows whether oriolus makes ciems?

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #11,455 of 39,411

Do they both suck?

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #11,460 of 39,411
Ooh, u have a Bravado too!

Wife’s

Looking forward to your thought, but I’m expecting what the differences are between the 380 versions. I’m not critically listening so I can have expectations lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back