flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 24, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #11,341 of 39,414
Guess what I happened to stumble on.

Hint: it's the R2R2000. And it's miniscule.

IMAG1576.jpg IMAG1577.jpg

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #11,343 of 39,414
Guess what I happened to stumble on.

Hint: it's the R2R2000. And it's miniscule.

Almost everything is miniscule next to an SP1000.. almost.

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #11,344 of 39,414
I'm really sorry man.

Seriously Mim you need to stop dragging down the level with this kind of cheap humor.

In more serious news, I'm glad to see that the R2R was designed for both his and her pleasure.

IMAG1581.jpg

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #11,345 of 39,414
Seriously Mim you need to stop dragging down the level with this kind of cheap humor.

In more serious news, I'm glad to see that the R2R was designed for both his and her pleasure.

???? Are you sure this isn't some sex toy thread???? :wink:.

Jul 24, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #11,347 of 39,414
I'm glad to see that the R2R was designed for both his and her pleasure...
Now this last phrase reminded me of a legendary classic (For Your Pleasure) Roxy Music album :grin:
Roxy_Music_-_For_Your_Pleasure.png

... incl. this fantastic song where Eddie Jobson was absolutely 'killing it' imo (wait for the part after the fade-out) on his electric violin.
Btw, people who like this song, should also check out UK's album 'Danger Money' (incl. EJ on electric violin) sometimes...

I'm also very curious about your R2R sq / signature impressions (do you like it?) later on :thinking:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #11,348 of 39,414
For those that have owned it, the R2R2000's tonality is reminiscent of the former flagship, the 901S; what I would describe as a musical execution of neutral. The tone is nowhere nearly as warm as the 1Z or SP Cu, but also not as bright as the SP SS or LPG.

It offers an authoritative and effortless presentation if its notes. There's a certain confidence in its sound, with nicely rounded notes presented in a smooth manner. The control of the bass is equally very impressive, offering good speed, and a precise stop and start of the mid-bass. The treble definition could be a bit higher, but it is smooth. The stage in SE is pretty average, with the 4.4 opening it up to give it a competitively spacious feel. Its resolution is also pretty good, with average transparency. Taken together it doesn't feel clinical or harsh in any way, but really just a smooth, all-round signature, on the right side of neutral.

Also quite ballsy of Fang to go back in time with the interface, even compared to the 901s which was already outdated at the time it launched. The R2R's UI however seems to be an ode to the first computers ever made. But, I have been told it works very well via BT so you can connect your phone and whatnot and stream to it. Besides, it is very portable. So overall quite pleased with the sound, although I'm not sure Fang will/should get away with this screen and UI at this asking price.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #11,349 of 39,414
For those that have owned it, the R2R2000's tonality is reminiscent of the former flagship, the 901S; what I would describe as a musical execution of neutral. The tone is nowhere nearly as warm as the 1Z or SP Cu, but also not as bright as the AK SS or LPG.

It offers an authoritative and effortless presentation if its notes. There's a certain confidence in its sound, with nicely rounded notes presented in a smooth manner. The control of the bass is equally very impressive, offering good speed, and a precise stop and start of the mid-bass. The treble definition could be a bit higher, but it is smooth. The stage in SE is pretty average, with the 4.4 opening it up to give it a competitively spacious feel. Its resolution is also pretty good, with average transparency. Taken together it doesn't feel clinical or harsh in any way, but really just a smooth, all-round signature, on the right side of neutral.

Also quite ballsy of Fang to go back in time with the interface, even compared to the 901s which was outdated at the time it launched. The R2R's UI however seems to be an ode to the first computers ever made. But, I have been told it works very well via BT so you can connect your phone and whatnot and stream to it. Besides, it is very portable. So overall quite pleased with the sound, although I'm not sure Fang will/should get away with this screen and UI at this asking price.

Considering HFM track record with many of their products sold at 50% off a year after the release, hopefully we'll see R2R2k under $1k next year, with updated fw and some remote app support.

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #11,350 of 39,414
The A3H is amazing and a great value IMO. I was going back and forth between my Polaris and the A3H yesterday and although I miss the punch of the Polaris compared to the A3H, I found the Aww sound more balanced between lows, mids and highs. I might need to get myself a pair.
Yep, the A3H is quite underrated IMO as it performed pretty good and I prefer the sound as compared to SE846.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #11,352 of 39,414
Morw

More
For those that have owned it, the R2R2000's tonality is reminiscent of the former flagship, the 901S; what I would describe as a musical execution of neutral. The tone is nowhere nearly as warm as the 1Z or SP Cu, but also not as bright as the SP SS or LPG.

Also quite ballsy of Fang to go back in time with the interface, even compared to the 901s which was already outdated at the time it launched. The R2R's UI however seems to be an ode to the first computers ever made. But, I have been told it works very well via BT so you can connect your phone and whatnot and stream to it. Besides, it is very portable. So overall quite pleased with the sound, although I'm not sure Fang will/should get away with this screen and UI at this asking price.
I wonder if they returned it, because I hear people mentioning smooth while I heard it super, forward and agressive.

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #11,354 of 39,414

Now you just need to get your hands on the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch and compare it to them WM1Z and SP1000. I‘m sure that’s no problem for you? :wink:

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #11,355 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back