flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 26, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #7,831 of 39,414
Was supremely busy the last few weeks with exam prep and Chinese New Year. Now that both are done and over with, it's time to reward myself with something fitting. My latest IEMs and the inspiration for its design.

Beautiful stuff, man! Can’t wait to hear more impressions plus comparisons with more well-known IEMs. No rush, though; those first few days are for cherishing and cherishing only. :wink:

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #7,833 of 39,414
Wow, what a great looking CIEM. That blew me away, lol.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #7,834 of 39,414
Great looking IEMs! Very elegant!

I have two new CIEMs coming my way. Can't wait to show off my designs. :D

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #7,835 of 39,414
Was supremely busy the last few weeks with exam prep and Chinese New Year. Now that both are done and over with, it's time to reward myself with something fitting. My latest IEMs and the inspiration for its design.

What an amazing design...
giphy.gif

The legendary TOTL I(ceberg) E(ar) M(onitor)s that made the Titanic sink on an ocean of sound :ksc75smile:
With those it's probably easy to get lost in your music => happy listening!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #7,836 of 39,414
Feb 26, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #7,837 of 39,414
Stunning Lau! Looking forward to your impressions. Last I checked you were leaning towards the trebly side of things, so I'll be curious to hear where these eventually land for you.

The trip to treble city has been worthwhile, there is so much fun in uncovering all the veils. Now that the thirst for sparkle has been sated, the holy grail of IEMs seems like a good place to go next.

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #7,838 of 39,414

Still loving the looks of these.

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #7,839 of 39,414
Glad to hear you like them Collin!

However, I should point out that preliminary studies have shown that owning 5 or more shootout iems is a sign of serious addiction. If you notice such symptoms in yourself or people close to you, do not hesitate to seek professional guidance. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am there for you.

:):):)

I assume that by offering to talk, you are going to help me decide on my 6th and 7th pair?

-Collin-

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #7,841 of 39,414
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #7,843 of 39,414
My secret inner basshead finally won. Legend-x ordered. This is getting expensive.. And exiting.:ksc75smile:

As with the zeus and ve8, thanks to everyone here and the excellent reviews that makes it possible to be confident when spending a lot of cash without testing first..

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #7,844 of 39,414
My secret inner basshead finally won. Legend-x ordered. This is getting expensive.. And exiting.:ksc75smile:

As with the zeus and ve8, thanks to everyone here and the excellent reviews that makes it possible to be confident when spending a lot of cash without testing first..
Very nice, I am so jealous! My inner bass head is secret no more. Yesterday I got the Rhapsodio Saturn back in and paired them with the PlusSound Exo Silver+Gold cable, the resulting bass was absolutely glorious! The closest I have heard so far to a speaker-like bass. Can't imagine what the Legend X would sound like, but I am drooling just thinking about it! :D

Love BASS! :ksc75smile:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #7,845 of 39,414

+1 it’s great to have such reliable reviewers, purchased the VE8 blind too, delivery today can’t wait!

Congrats on the Legend-X :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back