flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 11, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #14,416 of 39,411
If you are refer to the lip sync issue, that is inevitable because most USB DAC are implemented in Asynchronous mode. This is one of the most frequently asked questions in DAP product thread, I'l quote one of my reply below for your reference:

If this is important to you, you can:
(1) Check if you can adjust the buffer size of your Window Audio Driver, a smaller buffer will reduce the latency but theoretically it will downgrade the audio slightly.
(2) Check if your TV has a video delay setting, lip sync is not unique to USB DAC, it will also happen with multichannel home theater system, some smarter TV or monitor has a video delay feature to solve this problem.
I see, thanks! I appreciate the information, I'm learning something new everyday lol.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #14,417 of 39,411
and here I am wondering when Plussound is gonna release a chrome gold y split and slider

There's an Eidolic Gold (Rose Gold):

https://doublehelixcables.com/product/eidolic-e-sx3-rose-goldsilver-fiber-y-splitter-ultracompact/

rg.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #14,418 of 39,411
Arrived at my door today:

560D09C6-1D89-4BE5-8634-89EBBC21330E.jpeg

Wizard Katana

I am two hours into an all nighter!

Oh the joys of a new relationship!

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #14,419 of 39,411

Wizard Katana

Mhmmm, Wizard designs are always good looking, but the premium on an already high price.

Almost pre-ordered the Khan just from the faceplates, then I saw price. At least it wasnt the Earlkonig$$$

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #14,420 of 39,411
Mhmmm, Wizard designs are always good looking, but the premium on an already high price.

Almost pre-ordered the Khan just from the faceplates, then I saw price. At least it wasnt the Earlkonig$$$
But if the beautifully designed faceplate matches my cable.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #14,421 of 39,411
On a serious note I am extremely impressed upon initial impressions the precise non fatiguing sound of the Katana. “Precise” can be fatiguing to me but this has not been.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #14,422 of 39,411
Hi @ayang02

do you know where I can buy an ibasso dx150 in Taiwan? preferably a brick and mortar store, I'm guessing JM plus? Thanks!

Best Wishes

Hey, I know 音悅 (http://www.hifi.com.tw/) has iBasso stuff. They also carry Sony, AK, Lotoo DAPs. Not sure about Cayin.

This is one of my favorite stores in Taipei as they carry a wide variety of brands.

Hope this helps!

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #14,424 of 39,411
Thanks! I'll visit this week probably!

If you go there and want to cable roll, they also have Effect Audio, HanSound, Crystal Cable, and Labkable cables.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #14,425 of 39,411
If you go there and want to cable roll, they also have Effect Audio, HanSound, Crystal Cable, and Labkable cables.
Oh, that sounds nice, too bad I'm still waiting for my reshell, this is starting to sound like one of the most well stocked stores in terms of things I want to try. Do they also sell the iBasso balanced amp modules (specifically amp8)? Also, are they open to walk-in and demoing? I went to a store once that required prior reservations for demoing more expensive gear

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #14,426 of 39,411
Oh, that sounds nice, too bad I'm still waiting for my reshell, this is starting to sound like one of the most well stocked stores in terms of things I want to try. Do they also sell the iBasso balanced amp modules (specifically amp8)? Also, are they open to walk-in and demoing? I went to a store once that required prior reservations for demoing more expensive gear

I'm pretty sure they sell iBasso modules but not sure if they have any demo units for those. I thought you were thinking about Vision Ears stuff? This place has it too(via MYIEM since I think they are running the VE distribution for Taiwan/China, excluding HK).

So this store is open to walk-in and demoing unless you want to audition their home/desktop audio stuff. There should be plenty of room to audition portable stuff. Even without booking the room, if no one is using that room, I'm pretty sure you could audition home/desktop audio stuff too w/o reservation. Last time I wanted to listen to Sennheiser HD820 and they told me no because someone is in that room with the HD820.

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #14,428 of 39,411
As I continue to follow this thread, with every passing post I become more certain there must be a cosmic force propelling it. I have to think near 1,000 pages is in the top 1% of all threads ever on headfi.

.....and I miss a phallic rainbow bite block before it gets yanked (no pun)? Of course!

edit: OK, I feel half included..... Post #14188

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #14,429 of 39,411
As I continue to follow this thread, with every passing post I become more certain there must be a cosmic force propelling it. I have to think near 1,000 pages is in the top 1% of all threads ever on headfi.

.....and I miss a phallic rainbow bite block before it gets yanked (no pun)? Of course!

edit: OK, I feel half included..... Post #14188

It's that mysterious, powerful entity called passion. :wink:

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #14,430 of 39,411

Wizard Katana

Awesome to see you got them in! Now sit yourself down with a glas of wine, hang a "do not disturb"-sign around you neck, and close your eyes to enjoy the music. :D

Hey, remember the thread you're in! None of this wishy washy "but the Erlkönig are expensive" stuff... You will just have to suck it up and sell the other kidney and lung. :p
As I continue to follow this thread, with every passing post I become more certain there must be a cosmic force propelling it.
It's...
dog_1.gif

the...
dog_2.gif

doggy gifs...
dog_3.gif

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back