flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 29, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #14,012 of 39,414
very possible considering their past. I'm wondering if i should tough out my 6-7 weeks of waiting for my reshells or buy a cheap backup. buying backups often fails me though, i'm always disappointed.

check out Zero Audio Carbo Tenore. They go for 45USD, single dynamic drivers and make a great backup pair. I put them in and often ask myself why I spent so much on gear when these get you 80% of the way there. They pick up well with a good source, and need a little bit of power to get going. They have a "W" shape Japanese tuning. Nice sub bass, scooped out midbass, a peak at the mid-high midrange, another scoop out of the sibilance region, then a nice treble.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #14,013 of 39,414

check out Zero Audio Carbo Tenore. They go for 45USD, single dynamic drivers and make a great backup pair. I put them in and often ask myself why I spent so much on gear when these get you 80% of the way there. They pick up well with a good source, and need a little bit of power to get going. They have a "W" shape Japanese tuning. Nice sub bass, scooped out midbass, a peak at the mid-high midrange, another scoop out of the sibilance region, then a nice treble.
Will do, I'll scout out a pair to audition

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #14,014 of 39,414
So the

my current short term dream is to open up a pair of Solaris's and see what's inside
Probably a pair of Andros bolted to some new tech with a healthy measure of unicorn dust and black magic.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #14,015 of 39,414

I still have their Doppio and Duoza to this day; excellent IEMs for the price. I have to give their latest releases a listen. :wink:

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #14,016 of 39,414
I still have their Doppio and Duoza to this day; excellent IEMs for the price. I have to give their latest releases a listen. :wink:
I was just wondering can one truly go back to the world of budget-fi after being at the summit. This could be the authoritative anwser.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #14,018 of 39,414
Probably almonds, I mean what else could you stuff into there?
Boogers? :thinking:

...or maybe even a complete 'Flea Circus Band' that actually plays the music inside the iem
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #14,020 of 39,414
very possible considering their past. I'm wondering if i should tough out my 6-7 weeks of waiting for my reshells or buy a cheap backup. buying backups often fails me though, i'm always disappointed.
If I may chip in, Final Audio sells the E4000H (without cable) for under $90 on their Japanese website http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/fs/final/d-earphones/FI-E4DALDH
That could be an excellent spare iem, considering the p/q ratio, and you may already have a MMCX cable you can use with them.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #14,021 of 39,414
Everyone is talking about cheap spares and Im planning to use Phantom for daily and Zeus as a backup. Please don't throw me in the asylum.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #14,023 of 39,414
Jan 30, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #14,024 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back