flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 5, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #122 of 39,414
Very good intro post, especially the part where you untangle resolution from boost in the clarity range. Thanks for that!

I'm thinking Campfire Vega will get thrown into the mix. Gotta have a flagship dynamic from my town there. Portland represent Woot Woot!!!

Apparently not, his rules are one iem from each manufacturer, therefore the Andro it is.

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #124 of 39,414
Not written in stone.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #126 of 39,414

Now we are talking!  I got U12 here with me, so if we are talking about a similar bass emphasis, then we are in good shape 
wink.gif
  OK, don't want to hijack Nic's thread 
biggrin.gif

I'm only going to warn you one time to stop hijacking 
evil_smiley.gif
 I'm kidding, obviously I love a good discussion about iems as much as the next guy so everyone is free to compare whichever iem, I can only encourage that.

Quote:
Very good intro post, especially the part where you untangle resolution from boost in the clarity range. Thanks for that!

I'm thinking Campfire Vega will get thrown into the mix. Gotta have a flagship dynamic from my town there. Portland represent Woot Woot!!!

Thank you very much, that means a lot to me! 

Quote:
  Really wanna see the Vega compared

I'm still undecided on Vega vs Andromeda, both are excellent.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #128 of 39,414
  Thank you very much, that means a lot to me! 
I'm still undecided on Vega vs Andromeda, both are excellent.

Just pointing out my $0.02
Maybe you can consider battling the newest and the latest from each manufacturer. Like the The Zeus XR ADEL is the latest and greatest from Empire Ears. Now, I am not saying that the Vega is better than the Andro in all areas but to keep it fair, Vega is kinda the flagship of CA(their most expensive and latest addition to the collection of KB's stellar IEMs). So comparing Zeus ZR w/ the Vega seems fair. Maybe you can let company representatives decide. Hmmmmm

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #129 of 39,414

I think the Andromeda would be a better choice as it's very popular. It can serve as a reference point since people have been using it as a "TOTL benchmark" of sorts.

Quote:
  Just pointing out my $0.02
Maybe you can consider battling the newest and the latest from each manufacturer. Like the The Zeus XR ADEL is the latest and greatest from Empire Ears. Now, I am not saying that the Vega is better than the Andro in all areas but to keep it fair, Vega is kinda the flagship of CA(their most expensive and latest addition to the collection of KB's stellar IEMs). So comparing Zeus ZR w/ the Vega seems fair. Maybe you can let company representatives decide. Hmmmmm

See what I mean? Both excellent arguments, not an easy decision!

ps. Campfire does claim that Andro, Vega and Dorado are all 'equal' flagships, and I tend to agree with them. That being said, I would also agree that the Vega is practically speaking viewed as the flagship.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #131 of 39,414
Dec 5, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #132 of 39,414
  See what I mean? Both excellent arguments, not an easy decision!

ps. Campfire does claim that Andro, Vega and Dorado are all 'equal' flagships, and I tend to agree with them...

Well yeah, but some iems are just more equal than others right?
wink.gif

All_Animals_are_Equal______by_kata.jpg

Anyway, tough decision to make Nic => good luck (or maybe throw a dice)!
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #133 of 39,414
  Alright, well here's Andromeda:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-andromeda/reviews/17486

Vega and Dorado are next in line as the last iems I review before the shootout. Unless I include Vega instead. Again, I'd have to think about it and of course see what Ken prefers :wink:

Well yeah, but some iems are just more equal than others right?
wink.gif

All_Animals_are_Equal______by_kata.jpg

Anyway, tough decision to make Nic => good luck (or maybe throw a dice)!
biggrin.gif

I for once seriously believe that the father of these IEMs(@KB) should have the final say or at least the major opinion.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #134 of 39,414
  I for once seriously believe that the father of these IEMs(@KB) should have the final say or at least the major opinion.

Imo it's Nics call in the end, as it's his shootout. But I think he will take KB's advise (if he gets any) seriously at heart in his consideration
rolleyes.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #135 of 39,414

Imo it's Nics call in the end, as it's his shootout. But I think he will take KB's advise (if he gets any) seriously at heart in his consideration
rolleyes.gif

I agree. I apologize to Nic as I didn't want to come off as pretentious. But in this specific situation since even he is debating between Vega and Andromeda, the company rep should have a chance to present what they think is the best from their lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back