flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 22, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #12,841 of 39,414
I haven't heard either but what do the EE phantom and se5u sound like in comparison?

The mids on the EE (universal version are much denser / thicker than on the SE5U. Therefore the presentation is less airy, and the mids feel more resolving but less clear. That is the key thing but their other differences.

Oct 24, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #12,842 of 39,414
Afternoon all!

Haven't posted any impressions up here in a while (been busy with the day job and a whole ton of singe DD comparisons in my non-existent spare time), but finally got round to finishing some stuff on the Stealthsonics U4 and U9 - if anyone is interested, link to the blog post is below:

https://audioprimate.blog/2018/10/19/stealthsonics-u4-and-u9-unboxing-and-initial-impressions/

On a completely unrelated note, should have a set of Campfire Audio's new hybrid flagship the Solaris heading my way in a few days (providing FedEx deliver on time) - impressions to follow once they arrive!

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #12,843 of 39,414
On a completely unrelated note, should have a set of Campfire Audio's new hybrid flagship the Solaris heading my way in a few days (providing FedEx deliver on time) - impressions to follow once they arrive!

Wow great news so you know more than most of us waiting for friday's announcement... rumors of a 4BA + 1DD flagship are buzzing around!

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #12,844 of 39,414
Wow great news so you know more than most of us waiting for friday's announcement... rumors of a 4BA + 1DD flagship are buzzing around!

Can't say any more until the official launch on Friday, but spoke to Ken via email about them and he has literally said that unless there are significant advancements in BA and dynamic driver technology, he will probably not be able to make a earphone that will eclipse the performance of the Solaris.

Read into that what you will, but if you are a fan of the Campfire Audio house sound, I think these could be shaping up to be something a little bit special. Will let you know once I've got them in my ears! :wink:

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #12,846 of 39,414

Picture impressions only, needs a very looooong burn in :wink:

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #12,847 of 39,414
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #12,848 of 39,414
unless there are significant advancements in BA and dynamic driver technology, he will probably not be able to make a earphone that will eclipse the performance of the Solaris.
Read into that what you will, but if you are a fan of the Campfire Audio house sound, I think these could be shaping up to be something a little bit special. Will let you know once I've got them in my ears! :wink:
I read Andro tuning with DD bass quality

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #12,849 of 39,414
Looks like someone is already burning them in :wink:

I wish FedEx guys would have them on burn-in while I'm waiting on delivery, but not yet, hopefully tomorrow...

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #12,850 of 39,414
Picture impressions only, needs a very looooong burn in :wink:

I have been reliably informed that 5 or so days should do the trick. Anything written before that will be so heavily caveatted it could run for public office. :wink:

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #12,851 of 39,414
I read Andro tuning with DD bass quality

Reading between the lines or based on leaked info from that Japanese distributor ahead of the show? We can't share more yet until the official announcement on Friday, but let's just say that distributor provided incorrect info, both about the drivers and the cable...

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #12,853 of 39,414
just assumptions based on Jackpot77, nothing more. And I believe many people would love such a product :)

Didn't want to spoil the surprise, so didn't actually ask Ken what the tuning was like. So, no idea what to expect, but your wishlist would definitely be a good start! :wink:

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #12,854 of 39,414
Jude mentions in the Canjam video that, between the Andro and the Atlas, Solaris leans more towards the Atlas..

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #12,855 of 39,414
Jude mentions in the Canjam video that, between the Andro and the Atlas, Solaris leans more towards the Atlas..

I hadn't heard the Solaris at the time of the video recording, so I think you might be referring to the Equinox custom IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back