flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 10, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #11,686 of 39,414
I think you guys are underestimating how much Gzregorz dislikes reviewers : ) He put up a notice that they will not deal with reviewers, and I can assure you those are words he lives by. I certainly don't have €5700 in cash lying round, so don't expect anything from me :D
Not only do I not understand what Grzegorz is doing, I am split between ignoring him and writing to say how pissed I am. I was so disappointed in VE already with this moronic prices. Honestly guys, I make a lot of money, I can afford all of it, but what I just can't stand, is people taking me for a f#&$) moron. And what I hate even more, is some of my peers proving they they were right to do so by saying that value is all relative. I was inches from leaving the hobby, but this move by my favorite brand, just after Sony put out a DAC Amp at 7k$ could very well be it.
On the bright side, at least he didn't pull a Charles Altmann and raise the price of the SE5U to that price! :triportsad: Seriously, I will choose to ignore the stuff that exceeds my mental threshold because I stlll love playing with my toys.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #11,687 of 39,414
We could but I'm not inclined to support Spiral Ears in any way at the moment. Probably not at any other moment in the future either.

If the appreciative crowdfunding were for a different purchase then that's different :L3000:
I completely understand. For your consideration, I will be starting a crowdfunding for a new Ducati motorcycle I have been eyeing. Checks can be made over to 'Flinkenick's Moving Company'.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #11,688 of 39,414
We could but I'm not inclined to support Spiral Ears in any way at the moment. Probably not at any other moment in the future either.

If the appreciative crowdfunding were for a different purchase then that's different :L3000:
To be honest, I would not even review them if offered them for free. Not that I doubt they will sound extremely good, it is just a product I can’t in good conscious support. I would not want anyone to blind buy gear, especially this expensive, based merely on my opinion. I could never feel comfortable about that.
Not only do I not understand what Grzegorz is doing, I am split between ignoring him and writing to say how pissed I am. I was so disappointed in VE already with this moronic prices. Honestly guys, I make a lot of money, I can afford all of it, but what I just can't stand, is people taking me for a f#&$) moron. And what I hate even more, is some of my peers proving they they were right to do so by saying that value is all relative. I was inches from leaving the hobby, but this move by my favorite brand, just after Sony put out a DAC Amp at 7k$ could very well be it.
Please don’t. No need to be melodramatic, as there is also loads to get excited about even at the entry level. I have the Final E4000 and E5000 on the way for a review and am really looking forward to that based on my experience with my E2000.

That said, I agree. It feels like they are not taking their customers seriously. If it is really that good, then at least trust your customers’ judgement by giving them the chance to demo.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #11,689 of 39,414
As I said, this is a pretty risky move if you look at it even from a purely business angle... no demo and ownership of transfer while simultaneously tripling the price is more than bold... or proof that some are loosing perspective given the trend of the market...

It seems like it's already hurting the core customers and early adopters, not to mention damage the brand, SE6 is probably an amazing IEM that won't even get a chance :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #11,690 of 39,414
I completely understand. For your consideration, I will be starting a crowdfunding for a new Ducati motorcycle I have been eyeing. Checks can be made over to 'Flinkenick's Moving Company'.

I would never do that to you. Motorcycles are dangerous.

I hear bicycles are very popular in Amsterdam though. Let's see... bicycle + music...

queens-music-bike-450.jpeg

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #11,691 of 39,414
the bad part is the ownership transfer cancel , whoever bought a used se5 is lucky

as for se6 , guys grow a pair (of brains) , @Mimouille talked wisely once again

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #11,693 of 39,414

And someone we know works for Ducati USA.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #11,694 of 39,414
If I have the money i rather donate to you so you can have your Ducati then buying the se6 for 5700:ksc75smile:

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #11,700 of 39,414
Wow, the overwhelming backlash is making me rethink my decision to blind buy SE5U.
My fear is after I get SE5U, this tsunami of a backlash will make the SE6 price drop to the reasonable range.

you are such a naive boy , next thing you know there will be world peace and unicorns flying in the sky :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back