flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 22, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #9,271 of 39,414
Today I have just tried fitear 335 SR.

Damn, I am so in love with it and that makes me wonder why not much headfier talking about its excellence.

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #9,272 of 39,414
Today I have just tried fitear 335 SR.

Damn, I am so in love with it and that makes me wonder why not much headfier talking about its excellence.

Probably because they are extremely hard to get unless you live in Japan or someplace with an official vendor. Where did you go to try it? I'll have to try it next time I go to Taiwan and hit up jmplus again.

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #9,273 of 39,414
Probably because they are extremely hard to get unless you live in Japan or someplace with an official vendor. Where did you go to try it? I'll have to try it next time I go to Taiwan and hit up jmplus again.

Jaben Thailand. Not sure Jaben in other countries has or not.

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #9,274 of 39,414
Jaben Thailand. Not sure Jaben in other countries has or not.
Jaben sg has but build times are disgustingly long
(Partially due to their own shipping policy is: shipping in batches every month or so and then the same on the way back)
Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #9,275 of 39,414
Jaben sg has but build times are disgustingly long build times
(Partially due to their own shipping policy is: shipping in batches every month or so and then the same on the way back)

Yes it is 6-8 weeks.

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #9,278 of 39,414
That is what they write in their website. They said to use express service.
Maybe for Thailand...
I think sg doesn't have that much demand so everything is slower, not to say that shipping or build time is slow, just that jaben is slow

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #9,279 of 39,414
Maybe for Thailand...
I think sg doesn't have that much demand so everything is slower, not to say that shipping or build time is slow, just that jaben is slow

Yeah, might depend on area cuz it is different policy/dealer management btw.

But demand in TH is very small than SG.
I will find out when some customer get the unit and leave feedback.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #9,280 of 39,414
Jaben sg has but build times are disgustingly long

FitEar and Jaben SG are so strange, man.

Suyama (FitEar founder) visited the store last week, so I dropped by to demo all the models. I liked the "Aya" the most (of those I could afford, at least), so I did some quick research. Apparently the "Aya" comes in a black shell, while the "Aya snow" comes in a white shell. They're identical in terms of sound, though.

I told the staff I wanted an Aya snow. The staff member approached his boss, who talked to Suyama. Later, the staff member came back to me and said "Aya snow" is only available in Japan, so "Aya" is the only option for SG.

They literally told me that I couldn't order a white shell, because I'm not in Japan.

I walked out of the store one minute later. That was the weirdest customer service experience I've ever experienced in this hobby :D

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #9,281 of 39,414

Suyama (FitEar founder) visited the store last week, so I dropped by to demo all the models. I liked the "Aya" the most (of those I could afford, at least), so I did some quick research. Apparently the "Aya" comes in a black shell, while the "Aya snow" comes in a white shell. They're identical in terms of sound, though.

I told the staff I wanted an Aya snow. The staff member approached his boss, who talked to Suyama. Later, the staff member came back to me and said "Aya snow" is only available in Japan, so "Aya" is the only option for SG.

They literally told me that I couldn't order a white shell, because I'm not in Japan.

I walked out of the store one minute later. That was the weirdest customer service experience I've ever experienced in this hobby :D
One of the many reasons why I hate jaben sg

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #9,282 of 39,414

Fitears are very exclusive to Japan and even if you are in Japan obtaining them can be quite a challenge. I thought about going to Japan to pick up a pair of them only to find out that if I wanted to order some Fitears then I would have to present my non-existent Japanese Residency Card...

You're lucky that you live in a city with an official Fitear distributor. I had to travel to Taipei and then asked the boss at jmplus very nicely to ship some Fitears to me in the US (props to the boss Jason Lai for being such an awesome sport). I put down my company office address as my Taipei address.

They aren't known for exceptional customer service that you might expect from other CIEM manufactures who try to accommodate you. Their way or the highway.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #9,283 of 39,414
Fitears are very exclusive to Japan and even if you are in Japan obtaining them can be quite a challenge. I thought about going to Japan to pick up a pair of them only to find out that if I wanted to order some Fitears then I would have to present my non-existent Japanese Residency Card...

You're lucky that you live in a city with an official Fitear distributor. I had to travel to Taipei and then asked the boss at jmplus very nicely to ship some Fitears to me in the US (props to the boss Jason Lai for being such an awesome sport). I put down my company office address as my Taipei address.

They aren't known for exceptional customer service that you might expect from other CIEM manufactures who try to accommodate you. Their way or the highway.

If it's such a hassle just to give them my money, I'll just choose the highway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back