flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 24, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #7,802 of 39,411
Y'all need to know how to do it... source.gif

Feb 24, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #7,803 of 39,411
I tried to moonwalk, but I was on Jupiter. I fell so hard it cratered the ground beneath me, turning my bones into powder, which formed quickly into diamonds. Pinky don't dance no more, but I'm worth a fortune.

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #7,804 of 39,411
I tried to moonwalk, but I was on Jupiter. I fell so hard it cratered the ground beneath me, turning my bones into powder, which formed quickly into diamonds. Pinky don't dance no more, but I'm worth a fortune.

Oooh Jupiter sounds like such a cool iem, wow!
  • Much moons
  • Such space
  • Very size
Description of soundstage, you are black dot:
43b6a5b7.jpg

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #7,805 of 39,411
I thought you stopped dancing cuz you fell on Uranus

Feb 24, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #7,806 of 39,411
Feb 24, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #7,807 of 39,411
So Pinky, will your Phantoms or Legend X use that crater pic for your next faceplate? Please don't use Uranus for the faceplate...PLEASE DON"T

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #7,808 of 39,411
Yesterday, I tried EE whole EP & X lineup. My impression is positive with this line-up. Among all I like Nemisis most with my own specific setups (DAP, ear tip, cable), but I found that It is quite source (DAP) dependant. Unfortunately the demo units are not fully burn-in yet. and there should be 'matching' issue to be concerned. In case of Legend X, what type of cable do you guys who ever tried think that it should give a best matching? @ironpeg Could you give me any advice?

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #7,809 of 39,411
Yesterday, I tried EE whole EP & X lineup. My impression is positive with this line-up. Among all I like Nemisis most with my own specific setups (DAP, ear tip, cable), but I found that It is quite source (DAP) dependant. Unfortunately the demo units are not fully burn-in yet. and there should be 'matching' issue to be concerned. In case of Legend X, what type of cable do you guys who ever tried think that it should give a best matching? @ironpeg Could you give me any advice?
Horus, is the best match for me. A bit more touch in clarity, more bass extension and rumble, retaining treble sparkling. While my wife likes Mars+Leonidas.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #7,810 of 39,411

Those Effect Audio cables they all come with are just outstanding with it. I personally also liked the new prototype 8 wire cable they had. I only heard the Legend twice. Once with each cable. I loved the new one that will go for 1200 USD or so.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #7,811 of 39,411
I didn't hear it with the Horus. I was just so into the new ones, lol. It's the Horus line at least, lol....I believe they are Palladium coated copper. There are two and they are the same wires, but with a different braid. Yes, it makes that big a difference by changing geometry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back