flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 10, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #7,171 of 39,414
It is tempting to go out and try and find another used U12. I do miss it. But as always, I've spent too much recently, and need to be a good boy for a while.

Just pop in your forte, you'll forget about U12 in no time. It's like old girlfriends, sometimes they come back around knocking on your door again but you only miss them when you don't have your new girl(s-depending on how you go about it). Honestly with A18 and H2, I'm in bliss. I can't imagine needing more. I anticipate the new EE hybrids will have a sort of forte sound to them(the way the bass behaves), I'm not saying it's copied or even based off forte but simply due to the nature of having the dynamic drivers in them. I actually didn't like forte, thought A18 was far superior, to each their own. Them EE prototypes the new 64 stuff, Hugo3 and the WA8 are all that interest me at this point. Couldn't care less about anything else in the audio world. Right now I'm listening to tons of metal on bandcamp steaming Bluetooth mp3's to H2 with A18, building my music collection. Here's a heavy psych blues n roll style gem I found last night. Deep bass drums contrast with organs that fade in and out from the background while the prominent guitars carry the song, synths, psychedelic effects, amping along with strategically placed slow pacing allow the sounds to drift off into infinite space.

Bought it immediately, it's very audiophileish and is VERY well recorded, the flac download is 24/44.1.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #7,174 of 39,414
Jan 11, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #7,175 of 39,414
Hey guys, a good friend of mine is working for this company Mimi (https://mimi.io/en/home/), who is personalizing sound to you personal hearing (and it is visibly not an eq). This technology is applied to healthcare and audio, and will visibly be included in the upcoming Beyerdynamic Aventho. What do you think?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/29/...-headphones-specs-price-release-date-ifa-2017

This technology sounds really cool, man. It's almost like the AKG Q900 from last year, except it looks like the tech here is far more streamlined. I'd be really interested in checking out at CanJam Singapore 2017 or something.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #7,177 of 39,414
This technology sounds really cool, man. It's almost like the AKG Q900 from last year, except it looks like the tech here is far more streamlined. I'd be really interested in checking out at CanJam Singapore 2017 or something.

8Q64z.gif

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #7,179 of 39,414
Jan 11, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #7,180 of 39,414
Just pop in your forte, you'll forget about U12 in no time. It's like old girlfriends, sometimes they come back around knocking on your door again but you only miss them when you don't have your new girl(s-depending on how you go about it). Honestly with A18 and H2, I'm in bliss. I can't imagine needing more. I anticipate the new EE hybrids will have a sort of forte sound to them(the way the bass behaves), I'm not saying it's copied or even based off forte but simply due to the nature of having the dynamic drivers in them. I actually didn't like forte, thought A18 was far superior, to each their own. Them EE prototypes the new 64 stuff, Hugo3 and the WA8 are all that interest me at this point. Couldn't care less about anything else in the audio world. Right now I'm listening to tons of metal on bandcamp steaming Bluetooth mp3's to H2 with A18, building my music collection. Here's a heavy psych blues n roll style gem I found last night. Deep bass drums contrast with organs that fade in and out from the background while the prominent guitars carry the song, synths, psychedelic effects, amping along with strategically placed slow pacing allow the sounds to drift off into infinite space.

Bought it immediately, it's very audiophileish and is VERY well recorded, the flac download is 24/44.1.

Ike thanks for turning me on to that I'm enjoying it very much.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #7,183 of 39,414
According to this spreadsheet , Warbler uses 1 BA Sonion 2300.
One Million Dollar Question;
What is the secret to be a winner? :sweat_smile:

According to Warbler themselves, they've done things to the driver to ensure no other manufacturer can clone their signature. I looked at photos of transparently-shelled Prelude's and it looks like they have proprietary internal wiring and acoustic design. The internal wiring is a coiled solid metal of some sort, and it looks like the driver's spout fires into an acoustic chamber before it hits acoustic tubing to the opening of the bore.

IMG_8747.JPG

Speaking of Warbler, my Prelude's have finally arrived and they look awesome! Apologies for the phone photo, but my girlfriend is borrowing my camera at the moment, so the beauty shots will have to wait. :D They have reddish Padauk wood faceplates, black shells with silver glitter and the silver Warbler logo. I listened to them all night last night and they are just as fantastic as I remembered. They have one of the most natural and organic timbres I have ever heard. Due to the Prelude's impressively black background, notes are beautifully resolved and deftly defined without the need for a brighter tone. Separation is simply unheard of from a single-driver, and it has one of my favourite bass presentations ever from an IEM; magnificent tone, life-like speed and ridiculous resolution. I think with all the talk here focused on upcoming IEMs, we're all forgetting about one of the most promising releases of last year. The Prelude is still an awesome buy, because I've simply heard nothing else like it on the market, and I think Warbler should be commended for the work they've done in furthering the limits of technology. Bravo!

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #7,184 of 39,414
According to Warbler themselves, they've done things to the driver to ensure no other manufacturer can clone their signature. I looked at photos of transparently-shelled Prelude's and it looks like they have proprietary internal wiring and acoustic design. The internal wiring is a coiled solid metal of some sort, and it looks like the driver's spout fires into an acoustic chamber before it hits acoustic tubing to the opening of the bore.

Speaking of Warbler, my Prelude's have finally arrived and they look awesome! Apologies for the phone photo, but my girlfriend is borrowing my camera at the moment, so the beauty shots will have to wait. :D They have reddish Padauk wood faceplates, black shells with silver glitter and the silver Warbler logo. I listened to them all night last night and they are just as fantastic as I remembered. They have one of the most natural and organic timbres I have ever heard. Due to the Prelude's impressively black background, notes are beautifully resolved and deftly defined without the need for a brighter tone. Separation is simply unheard of from a single-driver, and it has one of my favourite bass presentations ever from an IEM; magnificent tone, life-like speed and ridiculous resolution. I think with all the talk here focused on upcoming IEMs, we're all forgetting about one of the most promising releases of last year. The Prelude is still an awesome buy, because I've simply heard nothing else like it on the market, and I think Warbler should be commended for the work they've done in furthering the limits of technology. Bravo!
Awesome! I was wondering when yours would arrive. Love the faceplates, very nice! But then again, you always come up with great designs. Whether it is by torturing Piotr with something really challenging, or by selecting a simple but elegant design, it always looks beautiful. Looking forward to your review!

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #7,185 of 39,414

Can you show me please these photos? When I look on official website, wiring is just two short wires going directly from pins to armature.

87_01.jpg

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back