flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 28, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #36,016 of 39,414
IE900 beats erlky for you?

hmmm…sounds like demo time…
Yes for me it does. Erlky‘s mid-bass on setting 2 is a bit bloated, while on 3 & 4 there’s not enough presence. With my music genres, I prefer to have great sub-bass compared to mid-bass and this is where IE 900‘s DD shines. Soundstage is also bigger on IE 900, while both midrange and treble are also great. Erlky probably has the edge on midrange, but not by much. Overall a very balanced, warm, full bodied and non-fatiguing presentation to my ears. I‘m probably lucky to have found the right tips from the get go as some people do struggle with the fit and this of course affect the sound. It does enough for me to let go of Erlky and replace it with 1266 TC (well it’s apples & oranges but I’m more of a headphone guy now🤞🏼)

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #36,017 of 39,414
Yes for me it does. Erlky‘s mid-bass on setting 2 is a bit bloated, while on 3 & 4 there’s not enough presence. With my music genres, I prefer to have great sub-bass compared to mid-bass and this is where IE 900‘s DD shines. Soundstage is also bigger on IE 900, while both midrange and treble are also great. Erlky probably has the edge on midrange, but not by much. Overall a very balanced, warm, full bodied and non-fatiguing presentation to my ears. I‘m probably lucky to have found the right tips from the get go as some people do struggle with the fit and this of course affect the sound. It does enough for me to let go of Erlky and replace it with 1266 TC (well it’s apples & oranges but I’m more of a headphone guy now🤞🏼)
The IE 900 really is something, isn't it? In fact over the past few weeks I've come to prefer its bass presentation and quality to (shock horror) the LX for most of my listening.

But then...EVO...though that's a story that's still being written.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #36,018 of 39,414
Yeah, I don’t think anything will touch your 1266 TC. Enjoy.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #36,019 of 39,414
But then...EVO...though that's a story that's still being written
Yep, this is the only IEM that piqued my interest at the moment 👍🏼

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #36,020 of 39,414
yeah if you want good sub bass erlky is one of the last iems I’d recommend 😂

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #36,021 of 39,414
The IE 900 really is something, isn't it? In fact over the past few weeks I've come to prefer its bass presentation and quality to (shock horror) the LX for most of my listening.

But then...EVO...though that's a story that's still being written.
I listened to both IE900 and EVO this past weekend. EVO is better, but IE900 is great. I really liked it. The Source AV had a smoking great deal. In retrospect, I should have bought it.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #36,022 of 39,414
I know it's a bud, not an IEM but I'm thoroughly enjoying the Fiio EM5, just arrived today - very impressed, especially with jazz but I'll be testing more ambient shortly. Yet again, a key to my listening pleasure I've discovered is coherency, EM5 very much ticks that box as one would expect. A lovely lush, natural sound and definitely like listening to full size headphones.

20210928_131709.jpg

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #36,023 of 39,414
I know it's a bud, not an IEM but I'm thoroughly enjoying the Fiio EM5, just arrived today - very impressed, especially with jazz but I'll be testing more ambient shortly. Yet again, a key to my listening pleasure I've discovered is coherency, EM5 very much ticks that box as one would expect. A lovely lush, natural sound and definitely like listening to full size headphones.

20210928_131709.jpg

Need to hear these I think :)

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #36,024 of 39,414
yeah if you want good sub bass erlky is one of the last iems I’d recommend 😂
i used to think erlky had great subbass, then i heard traillii and realized that erlky has virtually no subbass...it's nearly all midbass, but it is very well-done.

odin has the best quality bass i've heard in an iem, so really looking for evo to bring that to the party and then some.

if it can do that, it'll stick around with the other two.

not really interested in getting into headphones, but would like to hear a 1266tc sometime for fun.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #36,027 of 39,414
Since I don't have YT channel, I just shared my Vision Ears EXT unboxing video on FB page here. Also, posted my initial impression with comparison to OG Elysium.

ve-ext-x01.jpg

@twister6, any chance of posting impressions here for those of us who aren't on FB? 🙏

Sep 29, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #36,029 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back