flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 10, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #32,506 of 39,414
That's the one I bought for my Lola's in 2 pin. Works pretty well, the only oddity is that the bass dial works in the counter clockwise direction.
Wow that’s great news. Thank you!

How do you have your bass set? I’m using 2:30 on the JH balanced cable right now.

Where did you buy it?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #32,507 of 39,414
I am listening to Lola right now and earlier I swapped between stock cable and my xerxes plus this adapter and the sound is even better 😳

I think this adapter is ultra pure, its literally inexistent and transparant.
That’s amazing. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. Did you buy it directly from Linsoul? it sounds like rtjoa is saying it‘s exactly the same as the one from Willow Audio China.

I'm not much concerned about price… i just want to get it as quickly as possible in USA

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #32,508 of 39,414
Those adapters are from Willow Audio China. You can get them from Music Sanctuary Singapore for $70 SGD - 2pin to JH 4pin with bass controller.

https://music-sanctuary.com/products/willow-audio-adapters

I have used it on Layla 2 and it works well.

1623306736965.png
Thanks for the help my friend. Are you saying that’s the exact same connector as the Linsoul? If so, I wonder which company would ship it to me in USA the fastest

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #32,509 of 39,414
Thanks for the help my friend. Are you saying that’s the exact same connector as the Linsoul? If so, I wonder which company would ship it to me in USA the fastest

Have you tried call jh audio and see maybe they have those in stock?
I am not familiar with jh audio and the Lola I have on hands is @KuroKitsu graciousness, I am very thankful to him as he made me discover Jh audio 🥰
Also a big thanks to @riverground hes part of the help too.

I am so pressed by lola that I am questioning my fourtés now 🤯

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #32,510 of 39,414
Wow that’s great news. Thank you!

How do you have your bass set? I’m using 2:30 on the JH balanced cable right now.

Where did you buy it?
I had bass about 2-2:30 on Lola as well. Grabbed mine from Linsoul

That’s amazing. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. Did you buy it directly from Linsoul? it sounds like rtjoa is saying it‘s exactly the same as the one from Willow Audio China.

I'm not much concerned about price… i just want to get it as quickly as possible in USA
I'm not sure about the Willow Audio one as Linsoul doesnt mention a brand. In terms of packing, it was simply bubble wrapped in a small rounded square plastic case, similar to what you see from searching on Taobao or AliEx

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #32,511 of 39,414
I secretly hope that audiophile companies will fund psychic research so they can eventually overnight-ship me things the day before I realize i want to order them......

(jk-but not completely, of course)

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #32,512 of 39,414
I have the M8 demo with me now, and I feel the DX300 has much sharper transients and overall goes for a more “technical” type presentation whereas I am hearing the M8 to be more musical and smooth. I sold the AMP 12 but I am struggling to make the correlation between DX300 + AMP 12 and M8 also. So I am definitely interested how you come to find these to compare with more listening time.

Maybe I am not using the right words to describe this.
I had a DX300 with the original amp card, and it was a warmer, thicker presentation than I expected from iBasso (but very fast operation, and full play store for trying differnt music playback apps. It was a nice comfortable get l;ost in the music kind of experience. Now I have one with the newer stock amp card, and it is much more iBasso-y, in terms of sharp leading edges, resolution, and less warmth/thickness to the sound. It is good, but no match for my SP2000cu (which does the whole 'resolution thing' more authentically and convincingly (to my ears).

The L&P p6Pro does the non-digital sounding digital thing waaay good, and the Lottoo PAW6000 does the neutral thing quite well - which kind'a puts the squeeze on the DX300 in some ways. (I have a Cayin N6ii as well, and am pondering the r1 module-whereas a month ago i was pondering selliing it. (Such are the best-laid plans of audiophiles).

And yet there is the M8 (which I have not heard yet). Wondering what it would bring to my table, in particular, and what it would allow me to let go of, without a second thought.

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #32,513 of 39,414
I had a DX300 with the original amp card, and it was a warmer, thicker presentation than I expected from iBasso (but very fast operation, and full play store for trying differnt music playback apps. It was a nice comfortable get l;ost in the music kind of experience. Now I have one with the newer stock amp card, and it is much more iBasso-y, in terms of sharp leading edges, resolution, and less warmth/thickness to the sound. It is good, but no match for my SP2000cu (which does the whole 'resolution thing' more authentically and convincingly (to my ears).

The L&P p6Pro does the non-digital sounding digital thing waaay good, and the Lottoo PAW6000 does the neutral thing quite well - which kind'a puts the squeeze on the DX300 in some ways. (I have a Cayin N6ii as well, and am pondering the r1 module-whereas a month ago i was pondering selliing it. (Such are the best-laid plans of audiophiles).

And yet there is the M8 (which I have not heard yet). Wondering what it would bring to my table, in particular, and what it would allow me to let go of, without a second thought.

M8 kinda gives me “SP2000 but not as bright or forward upper mid range” vibes and not quite as technically capable on the layering or separation aspect.

Yeah, I am really hoping the N6ii Ti can even come close to P6 Pro lol

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #32,514 of 39,414
I blind bought T01 just hoping it is close to LP P6 series haha. $600 is small price to pay compared to the few thousand the LP devices go for, and you get Android instead of LP software!

edit: meant R01 lol

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #32,516 of 39,414
Oh my friend i may not have good news for you on that one :wink: T01 is great though.
Uh oh haha. Are there impressions circulating? I've been looking for some but no luck so far...

If I manage to sell my DMP Z1 I may just go for the LP7 and call it a day (for a while) in the hobby.

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #32,517 of 39,414
I secretly hope that audiophile companies will fund psychic research so they can eventually overnight-ship me things the day before I realize i want to order them......

(jk-but not completely, of course)

Bezos is on it!

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #32,518 of 39,414
There are not many companies making these adapters. The E4UA from Japan will cost you around US$250.

Yes there are exactly the same adapter - Willow Audio (left) and Linsoul (right) on MMCX version without bass pod.
1623365172379.png
1623365190381.png

I bought mine for about US$45-50 from a local seller about 2.5 years ago so it could be the old version.

Music Sanctuary in Singapore price is S$70 (US$53) and Linsoul price is $67.50 (on special). Shipping should be faster from Singapore.

Jun 10, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #32,520 of 39,414
No but I’ve owned Cayin T01 and P6 Pro and from my memory I’m not even sure they’re comparable.
Ahhhh WHOOPS

I meant R01

edit: day is coming to the end, I'm tired and need a dram of whiskey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back