flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #18,271 of 39,414
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #18,273 of 39,414
There has been mention (and agreement) on a tour from Sammy on these and I believe @Barra is in the works on that. Hopefully Sammy is going ahead with that and making it happen because I know many folks would enjoy a listen of these.

Cheers,

-Collin-[/QUOTE]

@SeeSax - That is true, thanks to Collin, we are working out the details on the Rhapsodio US HeadFi tour now including the Zombie MK2 plus Sammy's Copper Evolution and Copper Wizard cables. I am looking forward to kicking this tour off, but we are still figuring out timing. Anyone that wants to be part of this US tour can follow me to see when I open the thread or even PM me to be notified when the thread goes up so that you can sign up officially. :)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #18,274 of 39,414

The DITA Audio Dream XLS is in the house for testing!

My first impressions are of perfect neutrality. By that I mean a natural neutrality, with warmth and smoothness imbuing all regions, and nothing is exaggerated.

It's like a quality cup of Earl Grey.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #18,275 of 39,414
Oct 19, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #18,276 of 39,414
Pithy, we're all waiting for that diy ciem fixing with a hacksaw.

@SeeSax did you cram the Cardas cables onto the Zombie MkII? You're not allowed to post any more impressions if its not on those :p
The last time I used a hacksaw, I got some plastic in my eye and it hasn't come out yet.

I believe PW Audio uses Cardas wire for their higher end cables right?

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #18,277 of 39,414
The last time I used a hacksaw, I got some plastic in my eye and it hasn't come out yet.

I believe PW Audio uses Cardas wire for their higher end cables right?
So your ciem became contact lens, huh.

Yup, PWA does in fact use Cardas. I suspect that the Copper Wizard that Rhapsodio offers and a couple others in thay price range as well.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #18,279 of 39,414
There has been mention (and agreement) on a tour from Sammy on these and I believe @Barra is in the works on that. Hopefully Sammy is going ahead with that and making it happen because I know many folks would enjoy a listen of these.

Cheers,

-Collin-

@SeeSax - That is true, thanks to Collin, we are working out the details on the Rhapsodio US HeadFi tour now including the Zombie MK2 plus Sammy's Copper Evolution and Copper Wizard cables. I am looking forward to kicking this tour off, but we are still figuring out timing. Anyone that wants to be part of this US tour can follow me to see when I open the thread or even PM me to be notified when the thread goes up so that you can sign up officially. :)[/QUOTE]
Following. Any chance to get the Orla on there?

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #18,280 of 39,414

The DITA Audio Dream XLS is in the house for testing!

My first impressions are of perfect neutrality. By that I mean a natural neutrality, with warmth and smoothness imbuing all regions, and nothing is exaggerated.

It's like a quality cup of Earl Grey.
You had me right up until Earl Grey :joy:

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #18,281 of 39,414
@warriorpoet I just sent Sammy a message to see if those can be included. I think that would be great because of their different price point and different sound. He also has the "Extreme" which is a Planar IEM, but I don't know what he wants to do. It's in @Barra's hands now - he's the pro at this :)

-Collin-

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #18,283 of 39,414
A planar IEM from Sammy?

Oh my :D

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #18,284 of 39,414
A bit over a month since I received them, the VE Elysium has become my ultimate point of reference. Of everything I've listened to I am yet to find an IEM with a midrange that is this textured and complete. My obsession with the Elysium has led me to finally break the 1000$ boundary I had placed for myself when it comes to cable purchases as I had to see what it will sound like on a maxed out setup (Leo/Cleo Bespoke)

I recently got a longer listen to the SP2000 but I think I will wait for an M version as the size is too much of an issue for me currently. Currently looking at some desktop DAC options, maybe the Hugo 2 or the Brooklyn DAC+, but I am not sure how much of an improvement they would be over the RME ADI 2 DAC, which for the sound I'm looking for seems like a bit of a peak performance

Recently sent my A18t for a remold due to some fitting issues, I'm curious to compare the detail retrieval on the two, and just generally make a more detailed comparison

@davidmolliere How is the Elysium listening coming along?

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #18,285 of 39,414
With the only monitors that interest me being ee/dd/ba hybrids (wraith, m5, etc and I'm sure 64 will release one as well) It would seem to me the price of TOTL IEMs is no longer worth it when one considers what sort of cans can be purchased for 3.5-5k(which is where we are heading). I would take 3.5k cans over 3.5k IEMs all day. You could probably get 5k-6k cans for 3.5k used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back