flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 1, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #17,356 of 39,414
My budget is 9000 so the only thing that fit was the AuX :cold_sweat: I'll try out both but I believe the Agni is out of my budget

I think the 4-wire Agni mk2 is right around 9k NTD :ksc75smile:

Aug 2, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #17,358 of 39,414
The ELYSIUM
I fell in love from the first second.

Elysium3.jpg
Elysium7_3.jpg

Elysium6_4.jpg

Elysium2_2.jpg

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #17,359 of 39,414
By copper I assume you want a stereotypical copper sound?

You could always go with Ares ii or ii+. The ii is more of a atypical transparent sound while the ii+ is stereotypical copper. I'm not sure what it was called but OC Studio copper cables have a more bombastic bassy sound. So did an 8 wire from Hansound which had way to much midbass. Not my personal preference but YMMV. What are you pairing with?

Well, most of my iems tend to being on the neutral or warm side, but i got those 2 silver cables and they serve me well, i was thinking of spending more and trying the agni mk2, but same time i wanted to try some copper because i havent got a nice copper cable, i love extended powerful bass but not booming or bloated with clean full warm smooth mids and smooth treble, also i like good seperation and layering but with more intimate vocals not very laid back.

I checked the ares which seemed nice from reviews but i read lots of complains about it getting stiffer with time, ergnomics and comfortability is a requirement, and they are very much praised on the pw and hansound, the zen 8 is just too damn sexy, its pretty intriguing.

While i know copper might not have the best synergy with my current rig, but i just want to try it out, may be with atlas ,ex800, th900.

May be iam better off with some hybrid, so iam open to that also.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #17,360 of 39,414
i read lots of complains about it getting stiffer with time
All my cables have gotten a lot stiffer with time actually. The cables I demoed in store are also stiff and exhibit memory. I have a PW No.5 which is getting more and more stiff. It's also starting to twist a little. The softest cables I demoed were the high end Effect Audio cables, but I do remember an Ares ii I demoed a while ago being quite stiff too.

honestly in person, the zen8 isn't very good looking IMO. Its copper color is a little pale compared to the likes of PW, I think it's because the PVC got cloudy or something. PW cables have the prettiest luster IMO.

I'll be demoing some more cables within the next couple days, tell me if there's anything you're interested in that I can demo. However, I don't think all the PW cables and EA cables are available to me. I'll also take pictures if you like

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #17,361 of 39,414
Great impressions! I have not yet read it all, as I have been exhausted by a slavedriver who pushed me to review a whole banquet of IEMs in a very short amount of time... Haha! Just kidding! :wink: Nah, it's the bloody heatwave... *sigh*

After reading your Stealth Sonics review, now I understand what you meant by that :D For sure, lots of work and a great write up!

stealth_sonics-IMAGE_15.JPG

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #17,362 of 39,414
All my cables have gotten a lot stiffer with time actually. The cables I demoed in store are also stiff and exhibit memory. I have a PW No.5 which is getting more and more stiff. It's also starting to twist a little. The softest cables I demoed were the high end Effect Audio cables, but I do remember an Ares ii I demoed a while ago being quite stiff too.

honestly in person, the zen8 isn't very good looking IMO. Its copper color is a little pale compared to the likes of PW, I think it's because the PVC got cloudy or something. PW cables have the prettiest luster IMO.

I'll be demoing some more cables within the next couple days, tell me if there's anything you're interested in that I can demo. However, I don't think all the PW cables and EA cables are available to me. I'll also take pictures if you like

Ok good to know, nah no special requests for me but thanks for asking, i will just wait for your impressions and may be pictures ! And if you find something interesting around the cost of the agni then i will check it out.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #17,363 of 39,414
@pithyginger63 I half expect you to be "So my girlfriend turned into audio cables..."

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #17,364 of 39,414
Ok good to know, nah no special requests for me but thanks for asking, i will just wait for your impressions and may be pictures ! And if you find something interesting around the cost of the agni then i will check it out.
No problem! I think my A12t is neutral warm or darkish so I should be able to get some decent impressions.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #17,369 of 39,414
Great thread. I don't have time to read through all of it. Just wondering what would be the top ten now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back