flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 15, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #17,132 of 39,414
you wouldn't download a child
The child downloads itself. You just wake up one day and get a new notification about the child dlc you now have. Its non optional

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #17,134 of 39,414
you wouldn't download a child
Right? More like upload.

tenor.gif

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #17,137 of 39,414
you may wanna check the quality of your music , Zeus XR has no flaws in the highs , if there is a shortcoming (not for me) it's the bass could be more robust

but if you think the highs on zeus are flawed , you probably listen to modern badly-mastered music which sounds hot and you think zeus is the problem

garbage in garbage out , nothing zeus can do about it

cheers
I'm not calling the highs on Zeus flawed as a whole by any measure. It sounds amazing for most music (badly mastered modern gunk or not), but on my testing playlists, it was just too hot for me. So music quality definitely isn't the issue here, I'm surprised that's the first thing you would insinuate rather than clarify things.

Additionally
Empire has never said anything about it, but most the folks I've spoken to (including my dealer) who found the highs too hot in some cases think its highly likely that was the reason they were tempered down so much in the Phantom.

No one is saying the Zeus or Phantom is bad, just not our preference in certain cases.

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #17,139 of 39,414
Hi all,

I posted this in the EA thread, but as I know a lot of you know Eric Chong of Effect Audio well, I thought I would copy the post here to let you know.

Eric has asked me to inform you all that after 5 amazing years at Effect Audio, he is leaving the company. I think you all know he has been a key driving force in the development of EA and its success in recent years, so it was not an easy decision for him to make. He will be taking a well-deserved break and visiting Canjam London on his own accord, so you might see him there (no search parties needed to track him down :wink: ).

I have had the pleasure of working with Eric as an EA customer and reviewer and would like to take this opportunity to thank him for the incredible work he has done for this industry and wonderful contributions he has made here on Head-fi. I wish him all the best on his new journey and hope to see him around again soon!

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #17,140 of 39,414
Hi all,

I posted this in the EA thread, but as I know a lot of you know Eric Chong of Effect Audio well, I thought I would copy the post here to let you know.

Eric has asked me to inform you all that after 5 amazing years at Effect Audio, he is leaving the company. I think you all know he has been a key driving force in the development of EA and its success in recent years, so it was not an easy decision for him to make. He will be taking a well-deserved break and visiting Canjam London on his own accord, so you might see him there (no search parties needed to track him down :wink: ).

I have had the pleasure of working with Eric as an EA customer and reviewer and would like to take this opportunity to thank him for the incredible work he has done for this industry and wonderful contributions he has made here on Head-fi. I wish him all the best on his new journey and hope to see him around again soon!

Cya Eric ! Thanks for burning my wallet effectively! Thanks for all the pleasing communication during the order processings! Take care!

giphy.gif

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #17,142 of 39,414
Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #17,143 of 39,414
That a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c

If only it wasnt limited sky high price or a hybrid.

Just gonna save my money for Valkyrie.

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #17,145 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back