flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #16,321 of 39,414
Apr 19, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #16,322 of 39,414
lqu0EEC_d.jpg

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #16,324 of 39,414
Does anyone have any suggestions for any tips that come in a larger size than the sony hybrid Large (white core)? Tried Final audio e type and Symbios and neither quite work for me.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #16,328 of 39,414
Wow, these guys love releasing products every 6 months or so.

Judging by its name, it could be a tier below the Jupiter. But well, who knows?
At this rate, I'd just lump CA stuff into "mostly marketing"

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #16,329 of 39,414
At this rate, I'd just lump CA stuff into "mostly marketing"

Yea, very odd strategy that's for sure. My Vega's were superseded by Atlas and Solaris in about a years time. The Vega's are irrelevant on head-fi now, even though they are some of the greatest IEMs for EDM (someone please buy my Vega's)

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #16,330 of 39,414
Does anyone have any suggestions for any tips that come in a larger size than the sony hybrid Large (white core)? Tried Final audio e type and Symbios and neither quite work for me.
Do the final E's not sound right for you, or do they not fit properly? You can actually get them in LL size. If it's a size issue, I could send you some LL's.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #16,331 of 39,414
Do the final E's not sound right for you, or do they not fit properly? You can actually get them in LL size. If it's a size issue, I could send you some LL's.

Thanks for the offer. Tried LL and can't get a seal with them, L is too small. Just my weird ears being weird. Did notice that the sonys were slightly flatter than the finals but the large didn't seal.

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #16,333 of 39,414
I understand that the Andromeda and Solaris are very good. However, I will never forgive them for the atrocity of the Vega.
Indeed, both of are those are very good. They just dont align with my preference at all. Their other models though...

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #16,334 of 39,414
https://time-lover.com/2019/04/19/campfireaudio-newmodels-2019/

while i am not a fan of their tuning, both Ken and Caleb are great guys, and since when did offering different flavours = “mostly marketing”? Io is a replacement for the Nova which was launched 3 years ago and discontinued last year, the rest are refreshes.

Rather than relaunching entire line ups like EE or 64 audio, they just staggered their releases...

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #16,335 of 39,414
while i am not a fan of their tuning, both Ken and Caleb are great guys, and since when did offering different flavours = “mostly marketing”? Io is a replacement for the Nova which was launched 3 years ago and discontinued last year, the rest are refreshes.

Rather than relaunching entire line ups like EE or 64 audio, they just staggered their releases...
I don't think Ken and Caleb's character are relevent to the point, nor is anyone questioning it.

It's more like what they release and how they release it that gives me that impression in particular.

Some points that I feel that is the case:
- Different flavours, I feel that at most they're subtle variations off a central tuning as opposed to something "different"
- Refreshes, why would there be a need to refresh something that was widely accepted? One it reaches end of life, move in, create something new.
- Staggered releases. This makes me feel like they don't have much in the pipe and are simply artificiality prolonging what they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back