flex tip on custom in ears?
Apr 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

n3wdisea5e

New Head-Fier
any other monitor company offer these i swore i saw them before but cant find any good pics that arent stock photos of completed monitors .i ordered them on my alien ears g8s that should be here by tomorrow is there any real change in isolation or comfort?

Apr 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
any other monitor company offer these i swore i saw them before but cant find any good pics that arent stock photos of completed monitors .i ordered them on my alien ears g8s that should be here by tomorrow is there any real change in isolation or comfort?

Not certain exactly which you are referring to, but if it's the triple flange flexible silicone tips (personal favourites) then they're readily available from Shure stockists. Can easily have the stem trimmed to fit the barrel of the IEM to suit p[ersonal ear canal depth. Hope that helps ?

Regards,

Kevin 

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 9
what i was refering  to was built onto custom monitors its goes from acrylic body to an actual soft silicone ends that are still custom to your ear shape just instead of a full acrylic body it goes from acrylic body to a soft silicone like tip thats built on to it 

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 9
OK - apologies - I misunderstood . In that case not sure I can really help with the original enquiry :frowning2:

Regards,

kevin

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 9
alien ears claim is that there material is heat reactive soft flex tips do you think just with the tips ill get more comfort and isolation even tho the whole body is not silicone  

May 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
what i was refering  to was built onto custom monitors its goes from acrylic body to an actual soft silicone ends that are still custom to your ear shape just instead of a full acrylic body it goes from acrylic body to a soft silicone like tip thats built on to it 

As an MOT, I can't comment on specific competitive products. I can factually state that mating silicone tips with acrylic bodies has been attempted by multiple companies. Historically, it hasn't been very successful. Using two parts is less mechanically sound than a unibody design approach, especially in terms of structural integrity. A major problem is the fact that silicone does not adhere well with other materials, making it difficult to mate the two parts reliably long-term.

That's why when Sensaphonics switched to silicone in 1999 (ProPhonic 2X-S), they went ALL silicone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back