Fleet Foxes (for indie rock fans)
Jul 7, 2008 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

enjoiflobees

100+ Head-Fier
Fleet Foxes are an indie rock band that I just heard of recently per a recommendation by my favorite record store, Redscroll Records.

These guys feel like they are right out of the 60s. They sounds super hippie but not in a bad way. Because I normally dont like anything hippie, at all. haha. Weird, but true. They just have such a great vibe coming from all of their songs.

There just released their album on Sub-Pop. I think anyone that knows Sub-Pop ( iron and wine, The postage service, the shins) Knows that alot of good things come out of this label.

Take a quick listen on myspace ( MySpace.com - Fffffllle eeeee et t Fffff oxxxes - Xachua’bsh, Washington - Zouk - www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes ) or just go for the kill and pick up the vinyl or CD. It is really worth it.

Jul 7, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 54
these guys are my favorite band right now. ive been meaning to post about them for quite some time. Really really great. I can't stop listening to either of their albums, the new one or their LP. Sounds like Arcade Fire mixed with My Morning Jacket (in a good way
wink.gif
) mixed with Fairport Convention mixed with Animal Collective mixed with some folksie medieval jig

yeah, its that good!
biggrin.gif
If you don't like it you can have my spleen

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 54
There's a couple accoustic songs you can check out off the itshardtofindafriend website. Just the lead singer, but overall I was impressed by the quality of the albums.

I really enjoyed both their EP and LP as well

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 54
I'm looking forward to seeing them this weekend. They a part of Sub Pop 20th anniversary festival in Seattle. Also looking forward to seeing Iron and Wine, Mudhoney, and Flight of Conchords there. Fleet Foxes is also coming back next month for this block party festival.

When I bought tickets to the Sub Pop comedy show (also part of anniversary), they sent a sampler cd of their current bands that have new albums coming out. Fleet Foxes was one of the standouts. I haven't heard them before and then went out and picked up their new album.

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 54
Yeah I have really enjoyed this album as well. For any vinyl lovers out there, Sub Pop has it on vinyl for about the same price, and you get a digital download coupon with it.

Production is really nice on this one. Anything Phil Ecks works on is always quite good, with Band of Horses and Built To Spill as fine examples.

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 54
There's also a good sampling on YouTube.
I love their sound, Heard them on Left Of Center and could not remember their name until this thread....Thanks, now I have to go back to the store....

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #10 of 54
I wasn't sure how this recommendation was going to go over, see as my last one flopped. But I am really glad you guys either have known of them or enjoyed them after hearing them. Bands like this and the last one I posted about just make me really want to spread the word and tell everyone about them.

It sucked that my records store was all sold out of the vinyl version of this album. I really normally only get vinyl but something told me that it would be worth it, and it sure was. I guess this is going to join my collection of a few albums that I have both the cd and vinyl.

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #12 of 54
Filipelli, I am not sure of any that are that close. But I think if you like it, then you should try out iron and wine. They aren't that close but yea. Also, I am sure there are some things from the sixties that are close, sense that is the vibe I get from the whole time.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anymore out there with a similar sound?

Ruby Suns. their new album is a mind-boggler. It takes a lot of elements of modern american rock (dare i say indie) and blends some world music into it, which just gets crazy and it plulsates with great rocking polyrhythms. And it's weird, definitely weird, ala animal collective but more pop-y

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #15 of 54
Another Fleet Foxes fan here. i LOVED their Sun Giant EP...havent gotten their ne album yet, but im like 99% sure im gonna love it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back