FLC Technology - New FLC 8N - Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #263 of 304
Apart from Lendmeurears, anyone know the best place I can get a pair of 8n's? Also, are they compatible with other aftermarket cables, can anyone confirm? I found it's pretty hard to find a fit for the 8d (despite getting many 0.78mm cables, they don't seem to fit for whatever reason).

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #264 of 304
Apart from Lendmeurears, anyone know the best place I can get a pair of 8n's? Also, are they compatible with other aftermarket cables, can anyone confirm? I found it's pretty hard to find a fit for the 8d (despite getting many 0.78mm cables, they don't seem to fit for whatever reason).
I also have the impression that it is best to get FLC Cables even though the 8D and 8N are supposed to be standard 0.78. Other than LMUE there is one Chinese vendor that does a lot of volume in these. I think it was Shenzen but its been a while. It has also been a while; but in the US I think MusicTeck might be a dealer.

Why would you pick up the 8N if you have the 8D? I have and really like the 8D but it never really took off and is now replaced but a lower cost, plastic body version. Having had the FLC8S; I found the red -black low end the best formula and that is how the 8D is tuned. For the high filter, I can only conceive of using the gunmetal or gold. A lot of tuning options but only a few that made sense for me.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #265 of 304
I also have the impression that it is best to get FLC Cables even though the 8D and 8N are supposed to be standard 0.78. Other than LMUE there is one Chinese vendor that does a lot of volume in these. I think it was Shenzen but its been a while. It has also been a while; but in the US I think MusicTeck might be a dealer.

Why would you pick up the 8N if you have the 8D? I have and really like the 8D but it never really took off and is now replaced but a lower cost, plastic body version. Having had the FLC8S; I found the red -black low end the best formula and that is how the 8D is tuned. For the high filter, I can only conceive of using the gunmetal or gold. A lot of tuning options but only a few that made sense for me.
I want a pair that I can buy replacement cables without them being near $100. The FLC8s lets me use 0.75mm generics (though the sockets are a bit stretched) so yeah that's what I was looking for. I haven't been able to use the 8D yet since I got the 2.5mm and I'm waiting on an adaptor since I couldn't get a 3rd party cable to work despite getting many.

I'm thinking of maybe moving to FiiO? The thing is that it seems like FLC might have closed shop or something in general based on some posts from the guy running it. Not sure how long they'll last so on top of not being able to use 3rd party cables it seems like maybe I should move to something more dependable?

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #266 of 304
It is fairly easy to get a 2.5 to 4.4 or 2.5 to 3.5 single ended adaptors. The 8D is a great unit; I suggest you get the adapters. In the US, MusicTeck is a good source. Also Amazon will have many choices.

Some other people here have probably had some cables that worked with the 8D and 8N so its worth asking....

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #267 of 304
It is fairly easy to get a 2.5 to 4.4 or 2.5 to 3.5 single ended adaptors. The 8D is a great unit; I suggest you get the adapters. In the US, MusicTeck is a good source. Also Amazon will have many choices.
What do I do when the cable eventually breaks though? I'm not sure if FCL will still be selling their cables for long, or if the company will continue.

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #268 of 304
What do I do when the cable eventually breaks though? I'm not sure if FCL will still be selling their cables for long, or if the company will continue.
I have never had any problems with FLC cables. They are designed well in my opinion. If you had to, I am sure there is a .78 cable that would work. I would email MusicTeck in that event; Andy is great.

My 2.5 cable that came with my FLC8D is well made. I use a Cayin adaptor from MusicTeck that came with the HiBy R5 when I want to use it with that unit. I have some 2.5 to 3.5 adaptors lying around but never use them. I mainly use the FLC with my Cayin N5II; and use other IEMs with the R5. Mainly because the FLC unit sounds great and is comfortable when sleeping so that is my crash in the bed pair.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #269 of 304
I have never had any problems with FLC cables. They are designed well in my opinion. If you had to, I am sure there is a .78 cable that would work. I would email MusicTeck in that event; Andy is great.

My 2.5 cable that came with my FLC8D is well made. I use a Cayin adaptor from MusicTeck that came with the HiBy R5 when I want to use it with that unit. I have some 2.5 to 3.5 adaptors lying around but never use them. I mainly use the FLC with my Cayin N5II; and use other IEMs with the R5. Mainly because the FLC unit sounds great and is comfortable when sleeping so that is my crash in the bed pair.
I have an FLC8s and I went through the stock cable and a couple after market cables too 0.75. The current one is also giving up. I do run with them so I'm sure that puts strain on the cable. So I'm sure the cable will give way at some point in the future.

Also I've tried at least 3 0.78mm cables from different manufacturers and none of them fit the 8D (which is why I haven't used the unit yet)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #270 of 304
I only exercise nowadays with the Apple Airpod Pros so I have no experience with using the FLC like that. This thead is pretty dead nowadays but somewhere there must be posts about other cables. The 8D is special and you owe it to yourself to listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back