FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 1, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #7,666 of 7,931
I feel a bit sad for you losing your FLC8s :frowning2: The FLC8s are still great headphones. The only real difference between them and the newer models is a slight shift in frequency response. Do you have a better-fitting and better-sounding model already lined up? If not, you'll have to search quite hard to find something that ticks both those boxes. Most of the multi-BA flagships these days are insanely large.

Yeah I really wanted them to work out for me. The problem is less their size/shape (that part is actually great) but more my weird ear canals making it hard to get a seal on both sides. The initial opening to my ears is quite large, so I have to use big tips and insert them pretty deep. I don't like the feel of Complys/foam tips, so that's not an option. With my favorite tips (Spiral Dots L on the left and ML on the right) I can listen for about 30 minutes and then my ears kind of start to 'push' them out. So I have to constantly re-adjust and that gets frustrating in no time.

Maybe I just haven't found the right kind of tip for my ears or I'd have to get some custom IEMs.

May 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #7,667 of 7,931
Yeah I really wanted them to work out for me. The problem is less their size/shape (that part is actually great) but more my weird ear canals making it hard to get a seal on both sides. The initial opening to my ears is quite large, so I have to use big tips and insert them pretty deep. I don't like the feel of Complys/foam tips, so that's not an option. With my favorite tips (Spiral Dots L on the left and ML on the right) I can listen for about 30 minutes and then my ears kind of start to 'push' them out. So I have to constantly re-adjust and that gets frustrating in no time.

Maybe I just haven't found the right kind of tip for my ears or I'd have to get some custom IEMs.
you might try to add some o-rings before spiral dots to make the nozzle stick longer, or filling spiral dots with some foam

May 1, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #7,669 of 7,931
Interesting, do you still recommend the ones you linked back in 2016?
i ended filling the tips with foam and removed the o-rings, but yes, those o-rings are decent quality and cheaper than in other places. anyway, you can find tons of that kind of o-rings, different colors, materials (silicone, rubber), and sizes, added to their stock during last years. just remember to choose those which are in stock, if you like them to be shipped soon. that's the only drawback of the shop (you sometimes have to wait for the items being stocked); about the rest, serious seller, one of the best customer support in China, and great vaping forum.

edit: nice search, btw :wink:

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #7,671 of 7,931

Thanks. I know Fasttech from when I used to vape. Just ordered some of those o-rings,
I'll make sure to post an update once they're here and I've had time to try em out.

I'd like to know more about that foam method though.
Like how does it improve fit/comfort? And wouldn't that change the sound drastically?

I like @hakuzen's idea. Also, try SpinFit (Cp100, Cp240, etc.) if you haven't already.

Tried CP100, they stay even less in place compared to the Spiral Dots. With clean ears of course :beyersmile:
Didn't know about CP240 until now but I really disliked all other double/triple flange tips so far.
Plus getting 1 pair of M + L would cost me 25-30€. So I'm not sure if I should try them out. Are they that good?

May 2, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #7,672 of 7,931
Thanks. I know Fasttech from when I used to vape. Just ordered some of those o-rings,
I'll make sure to post an update once they're here and I've had time to try em out.

I'd like to know more about that foam method though.
Like how does it improve fit/comfort? And wouldn't that change the sound drastically?

Tried CP100, they stay even less in place compared to the Spiral Dots. With clean ears of course :beyersmile:
Didn't know about CP240 until now but I really disliked all other double/triple flange tips so far.
Plus getting 1 pair of M + L would cost me 25-30€. So I'm not sure if I should try them out. Are they that good?
great! tell us how does it go for you. when using o-ring(s) together with right tip diameter for your ear, the extra length can help to achieve a deeper insertion, better seal, and firmer fit.
however, it can change the sound a bit.

check my signature to see how to make your diy symbio-spiral-dots. tried different foam types (density, recovery time, like when choosing a visco pillow!).
i use these kind of foams now. you save making the hole (just cut and insert):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...rbud-Bud-Tips-Earbuds-eartips/1052204391.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...arbud-Bud-Tips-Earbuds-eartips/904867535.html
you can get a tighter fit with these tips. wouldn't say they are more comfortable than silicone or foam tips. my usual size is ML. when adding foam, i sometimes use M size, because you feel more pressure on your ear channel walls.
but you avoid changing the sound as foams usually do. highs resonances are affected for the tips, due to their material and shape. foams tame 8-10kHz (and maybe others) peaks frequently. with these symbios, you keep outer material (silicone) and main shape while getting the advantage of some better foam-like sealing.

edit: spinfits never worked for my ear channel. besides of bolding lows too much.. too narrow bore for my taste

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #7,673 of 7,931

Have you tried with sony hybrid tips or something with foam. I am using my flc8d with sony triple comfort tips

May 2, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #7,674 of 7,931
Finding tips that work for your ears in order to use the FLC8S makes sense to me. It’s really hard to find something better at the current resale value which is probably about $140 USD.

I probably need to find some tips that hold my ibasso it-01 pair in place better than my usual go to tips, which are the JVC spiral dots. Fortunately for me the spiral dots are brilliant with FLC bores.

May 3, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #7,675 of 7,931

Thanks for all the details, definitely gonna try this mod too. ...In about 2 months thanks to speedy shipping :D

Have you tried with sony hybrid tips or something with foam. I am using my flc8d with sony triple comfort tips

Only tried the 'standard' Sonys (EP-EX11), these are new to me. And it seems like they're quite hard/expensive
to get outside of Japan. Sure look interesting though, I'll keep them in mind.

May 26, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #7,676 of 7,931
So I noticed that I think my cable (at the connector) seems to be giving up a bit. I have the blue braided cable that shipped with my FLC 8S. Should I get another one from Lendmeurears? They seem quite pricey. There's a black one for cheaper, is it worth getting that? Is there another cable that I could get for a somewhat cheaper price that would work? I know that the 0.74mm size is hard to find. Thanks!

May 26, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #7,677 of 7,931
Lunashops has several inexpensive cables with TF10 connectors that would fit, and various sellers on aliexpress.com have options, too. The big caveat is that aftermarket cables tend to be slightly too big for the FLC8S and could "stretch" the sockets. This could result in an undesireably loose connection if you want to switch back to the a stock cable. To me it hasn't been a huge deal (I've used maybe a half-dozen cables with it), but be forewarned. (There are other posts in here about this issue, too FYI.)

May 26, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #7,678 of 7,931
same here. started violating the sockets with short mmcx->2pins adapter (penon like version, which uses thinner pins than others). at the end, almost every 2pins (0.78mm advertised) can be plugged, just a bit tight.
but you have to consider that polarity at flc8s is a bit special: it's the opposite at left side than right side, and doesn't match any other iem polarity (from those i know). so better try straight plugs/adapters instead of curved, which you can flip easily to match flc8s polarity (ear guides can be removed/remolded if needed)

May 26, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #7,679 of 7,931
So would you recommend trying TF10 connectors, and "stretching" them out? I really like my FLC 8S (although still have issues with finding good tips), but yeah I figure that cables are always going to die, and not sure if it's worth spending almost $70 + shipping for a cable. Are the cheaper black non-braided cables that different from the braided ones? Any luck with getting the jack replaces/repaired?

I'm thinking if it's worth stretching them out so I can get a bunch of inexpensive cables and then never worry about if one goes bad. What do you guys recommend? Would there be any reason for me to go back to stock? Also it seems like I might be able to find a mic cable then, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back