FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #7,591 of 7,931

I wanted to come back to this specific post --- would this infer that flc8d being closely similar to the grey- grey - gold on flc8s? @Flcforrestwei?

If so, I might as well settle with the 8d since I've been wanting to own one of your hybrids

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #7,592 of 7,931
The 8D is tuned for red ULF and gray LF. The MF/HF filter arrangement is the same as the FLC8S (and probably the 8N); so you have the blue, green, gunmetal, and gold options. I suspect gold is the most common choice people make; I tend to go gunmetal. I think the the 8D has slightly stronger bass than the 8S tuned red - gray. Since I currently have both I have tuned the 8S for more bass so that there is actually a noticeable difference between the two.

If I recall Forrest mentioned a new family of IEMs coming out soon but I have not seen anything following that post. I think Forrest needs to groom some new head-fi ambassadors; I don't see much from the two key reviewers from the 8S around here lately. To wit, the two most in depth reviews for the 8S were from NMatheis and Brooko.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #7,593 of 7,931
Had a listen to the CELESTE at the Fujiya headphone show today and was very impressed by the sound!
They also had all new dynamic driver phones....

Nov 1, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #7,594 of 7,931
Went for a nice walk today using the FLC8D with the gunmetal filter. The DAP was a Cayin N5Ii. And it sounded really great. Played some "the Who" from SACD ISO conversions; and then HD Tracks sourced Grateful Dead 1973-4 Pacific Northwest. Very enjoyable. The bass was full but not overpowering and the same could be said for the treble. I was in balanced mode but the volume was not particularly high.

Forrest needs some marketing help. He is putting out great stuff and I think most head-fi types have no idea what he is up to.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #7,596 of 7,931
LMUE (lend me ur ears) is the best source for FLC components.

If you can't find what you want on their website, send an email to them. Teo and company are pretty helpful. Their customer service is strong; they forget things sometimes but they always make good on what was promised. I think Forrest works pretty closely with LMUE also.

I think MusicTek in the US carries that brand also and they have good service but they are less focused on replacement parts than LMUE.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #7,600 of 7,931
Hi there,
I have a question regarding how the FLC8s reacts to different output impedance?
Are there probaly somewhere measurements available?
Thx!

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #7,603 of 7,931
FLC 8N is one heck of a IEM, or rather, it is 36 IEMs in one! 36 different signatures combined in one midrange IEM, and they are all nice ones, not low quality ones :)

You can read more in my in-depth article, the most in-depth article written about it to date! :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/11/King-Of-Versatility.html

FLCN-8N-FLC8N-IEM-Earphone-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-21.jpg

FLCN-8N-FLC8N-IEM-Earphone-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-30.jpg

FLCN-8N-FLC8N-IEM-Earphone-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-38.jpg

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #7,605 of 7,931
Anyone know how these compare to the massdrop plus and dunu falcon-c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back