FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #7,503 of 7,931
For me the peaks are at around 6 and 10 khz.
I actually kinda got used to it.

I wrestled with the treble for a while, too. It gets better with break-in (or by getting used to it), and tip-rolling affects the treble a lot. I ended up with some foams (which I usually don't favor) that keep the treble right where I want it.

If you like the rest of the sound you may want to stick with it and try a bunch of different tips until you find a set that works.

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #7,506 of 7,931
Aug 25, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #7,509 of 7,931
In Crinacle's iem ranking list he's got these at the same level as the SE846, ie800, and Dunu 3001 (amongst others). Is it really that good?

I haven't been fortunate enough to hear those sets to compare, but I would also note that on the famous list by |joker|, he as the FLC8 (prior to the FLC8S) 'sound' rating at a 9.4, which is on par with the AKG K3003 & Earsonics Velvet, and better than the IE800...

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #7,510 of 7,931
Hi, firends. Hasn't found a separate subject about FLC 8D, and I have decided to write the reduced translation of my review here.

FLC 8D: four sides of a delightful sound

Welcome all judges of good portable audio. Recently we have got acquainted with remarkable FLC 8N earphones which blow the mind even 36 options of correction of a sound at the expense of the whole lot of filters, and time for their younger brother has come now. Model 8D has no such abundance of variations of fine tuning, but it is that case when a little – doesn't mean badly. Running forward, I will tell that ears have left behind the kindest impression. But about everything one after another.

Specifications

Drivers: 8.6mm Dynamic Driver+Dual Balanced Armature Drivers

Frequency Response: 20Hz~20KHz

Sensitivity: 107dB/mW @1KHz

Impedance: 11 Ω

Connector: 0.78mm Two-Pin

Plug: 2.5mm Balanced or 3.5mm Gold-plated L-Plug

1535179382959881.jpg

Appearance, set and ergonomics

Earphones have arrived in same, as well as at model 8N, a nice box of olive color.

On the forward squeezed-out silvery logo of a brand is placed. Under a cover it is found two cards, they looks like a business cards: warranty card and instruction. Further we find earphones and the round jar similar to that in a bright yellow insert that was last time. This jar heavier and isn't closed, but screwed up on a carving.

1535179395633234.jpg

1535179400683623.jpg

1535179405235818.jpg

In this "washer" we find all the rest: 8 couples of different tips, a metal flask charm in which filters, the device for cleaning sound tubes, the adapter 6,3/3,5 of mm and my favourite clothespeg for fastening of a cable to clothes are stored.

The shell of 8D metal, blue color, exactly in tone to a flask charm. Earphones are easy, convenient and ergonomic, landing comfortable. Assembly of claims doesn't cause, a hint on side plays or gaps.

On an external half of the case is small ravines of a brand. On internal I have accommodated sound waters in which the filter is screwed in, and it is slightly higher than three tiny openings, forming a triangle. Unlike model 8N ports for the subbass and bass filter are absent.

1535179419396403.jpg

1535179425744858.jpg

1535179431752899.jpg

From above cases there is a socket for connection of a cable.

The cable of the 4th wire, replaceable, blue color, is in harmony with earphones. He is elastic, it is made of copper of high cleaning 7N, purity of the conductor of 99,99998%, looks completely reliable. Connectors 2pin with deepening in socet, Jack L-shaped with gilding. Upon purchase as well as in a case with the senior version, it is possible to choose the plug of 3,5 mm usual (as I have made) or 2,5 mm balance.

As you can see, the set pleases with all necessary. And what isn't present here, that also optionally isn't provided in this model.

Filters

Here we also find the main differences from the senior earphones. Fine tuning of FLC 8D is possible only 4 types of filters:

Gold - vocal / mid focused

Blue - force low-frequency range

Green - raise high frequencies

Graphite (according to gunmetal producer) - neutral

If to compare with 8N, then set looks frankly modest, but, believe, in a case with his FLC 8D it has appeared quite enough. Besides it is much more difficult to lose these filters, and to install them simply, even the tweezers aren't necessary.

1535179484820589.jpg

And now we pass to a sound.

Sound

Listening was carried out on MyST DAC 1866OCU V.2, Lotoo paw Gold, iBasso DX200 (AMP7), iFI xDSD, and iFI micro iDSD Black Lable.

With all devices FLC 8D played is wonderfully well. Before use they have been burn-in about 45-50 hours that has positively influenced their sounding.

1535179514229820.jpg

Despite similar specifications, sounding 8N and 8D some differs. The younger model draws more blank and spacious picture, and senior in turn builds space in depth better. I can assume that in them different drivers though it is only a guess are used.

In the whole FLC 8D sound more widely, openly and analitichno at similar combinations of mid/high filters.

At the installation of the gunmetal filter the manner of sounding of younger model turns out more spacious, with smooth, very detailed middle, net collected high frequencies of which quantitatively it is more, than in 8N, but on quality of working off, in my opinion, they it is better. Low-frequency range equal and more monotonous. There is no such timber variety, speed and accuracy of blow in a lower case as in a case with 8N, but there is a sustained and velvet bass that gives identity and charm.

1535179527321873.jpg

The high-frequency register as I have already told, is fulfilled more precisely, more purely and more lingeringly. Quantitatively it is more of him, and personally I would reduce this speed. What without problems also managed to be made. I will tell about it below.

Now we insert the gold filter and we receive almost ideal picture. If at the senior model I have preferred the graphite (gunmetal) filter, then here my choice - gold!

Low-frequency range quantitatively remains practically same as in a case with the graphite filter, but at the same time it becomes more built and adds "bodies" around the lower middle.

Mid-frequency range accurately adds emotions, remaining smooth, open and extremely detailed, beautifully drawing in detail each detail of composition.

High-frequency range has restrained the heat, has ceased "to spark" and be allocated excessively against the background of the middle. What is necessary!

This sounding reminds a combination graphite (gunmetal), gray, graphite (gunmetal) at the FLC 8N model, but with slightly impoverished low-frequency range.

At installation of the blue filter high frequencies and a part of mid-frequency range are accurately extinguished at the expense of what Low-frequency begin to dominate a few.

And the green filter is intended for fans of sparkling, net and air high frequencies. Too in own way the interesting control which quite have the right for life.

My choice has surely fallen on "gold"!

1535179539568677.jpg

For example

Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson "Say say say"

The composition sounds smoothly, purely and very musically.

The blow is exact, dense, quantitatively there isn't a lot of it, it goes approximately level with the middle. The bass fast and collected that still would be advisable to it, so is weight and a tembralny variety, what in all beauty to us was shown 8N.

It isn't bad at all, but sounding nearly has a basis, "body", and for the rest everything accurately and definitely, won't carp.

Mids is smooth, expressive and detailed. Each tool, each sigh, contact of strings, is transferred truly and beautifully, with a due share of an expression. There are no irritating factors which can excite hearing shouts and sharp splashes, everything is sensible, accents are placed competently, it is possible to hear this case long and with pleasure

Voice parts are perfectly transferred, in ears and sweet-voiced roulades of Mr. Paul and Michael Jackson flow.

«…You never ever worry

And you never shed a tear

You're saying that my love ain't real

Just look at my face these tears ain't drying…»

High frequencies are reasonably maleficiated, them, in my opinion, in the considered control there is so much how many it is necessary. And to their quality of working off it is difficult to show something. All grandly, culturally.

1535179559493067.jpg

Conclusion

FLC 8D - uncommon IEM. Despite much smaller number of filters, they as well as the senior model, are capable to satisfy inquiries of the most exacting fans of a sound.

Besides a set, quality of assembly, design and ergonomics - everything, as well as in a case with 8N, at height!

And here the price on 8D is much lower. Generally, if you need a serious sound which also can be arranged on the taste, then these earphones undoubtedly are worthy to appear on your head.

Pluses

Sound with 4 options of fine tuning, a set, quality of assembly, design, ergonomics, the price.

Minuses

No.

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #7,512 of 7,931
Aug 27, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #7,514 of 7,931
Black stock tips sounds a lot like comply t400 and even fit is similar. White one on other hand reminds me of spinfits but fit is kinda difficult to acheive unlike black ones.

I know many feel they both sound the same but still, btw i just got my flc8s back from repairs today. Meanwhile i was using the akg ones that comes free with s8. Going straight to flc8s after using those akg's is like a real shock. My ears needed at least few hours to adjust to the bloat less sound of flc8s.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #7,515 of 7,931
Hi, firends. Hasn't found a separate subject about FLC 8D, and I have decided to write the reduced translation of my review here.

FLC 8D: four sides of a delightful sound

Welcome all judges of good portable audio. Recently we have got acquainted with remarkable FLC 8N earphones which blow the mind even 36 options of correction of a sound at the expense of the whole lot of filters, and time for their younger brother has come now. Model 8D has no such abundance of variations of fine tuning, but it is that case when a little – doesn't mean badly. Running forward, I will tell that ears have left behind the kindest impression. But about everything one after another.

Specifications

Drivers: 8.6mm Dynamic Driver+Dual Balanced Armature Drivers

Frequency Response: 20Hz~20KHz

Sensitivity: 107dB/mW @1KHz

Impedance: 11 Ω

Connector: 0.78mm Two-Pin

Plug: 2.5mm Balanced or 3.5mm Gold-plated L-Plug

1535179382959881.jpg

Appearance, set and ergonomics

Earphones have arrived in same, as well as at model 8N, a nice box of olive color.

On the forward squeezed-out silvery logo of a brand is placed. Under a cover it is found two cards, they looks like a business cards: warranty card and instruction. Further we find earphones and the round jar similar to that in a bright yellow insert that was last time. This jar heavier and isn't closed, but screwed up on a carving.

1535179395633234.jpg

1535179400683623.jpg

1535179405235818.jpg

In this "washer" we find all the rest: 8 couples of different tips, a metal flask charm in which filters, the device for cleaning sound tubes, the adapter 6,3/3,5 of mm and my favourite clothespeg for fastening of a cable to clothes are stored.

The shell of 8D metal, blue color, exactly in tone to a flask charm. Earphones are easy, convenient and ergonomic, landing comfortable. Assembly of claims doesn't cause, a hint on side plays or gaps.

On an external half of the case is small ravines of a brand. On internal I have accommodated sound waters in which the filter is screwed in, and it is slightly higher than three tiny openings, forming a triangle. Unlike model 8N ports for the subbass and bass filter are absent.

1535179419396403.jpg

1535179425744858.jpg

1535179431752899.jpg

From above cases there is a socket for connection of a cable.

The cable of the 4th wire, replaceable, blue color, is in harmony with earphones. He is elastic, it is made of copper of high cleaning 7N, purity of the conductor of 99,99998%, looks completely reliable. Connectors 2pin with deepening in socet, Jack L-shaped with gilding. Upon purchase as well as in a case with the senior version, it is possible to choose the plug of 3,5 mm usual (as I have made) or 2,5 mm balance.

As you can see, the set pleases with all necessary. And what isn't present here, that also optionally isn't provided in this model.

Filters

Here we also find the main differences from the senior earphones. Fine tuning of FLC 8D is possible only 4 types of filters:

Gold - vocal / mid focused

Blue - force low-frequency range

Green - raise high frequencies

Graphite (according to gunmetal producer) - neutral

If to compare with 8N, then set looks frankly modest, but, believe, in a case with his FLC 8D it has appeared quite enough. Besides it is much more difficult to lose these filters, and to install them simply, even the tweezers aren't necessary.

1535179484820589.jpg

And now we pass to a sound.

Sound

Listening was carried out on MyST DAC 1866OCU V.2, Lotoo paw Gold, iBasso DX200 (AMP7), iFI xDSD, and iFI micro iDSD Black Lable.

With all devices FLC 8D played is wonderfully well. Before use they have been burn-in about 45-50 hours that has positively influenced their sounding.

1535179514229820.jpg

Despite similar specifications, sounding 8N and 8D some differs. The younger model draws more blank and spacious picture, and senior in turn builds space in depth better. I can assume that in them different drivers though it is only a guess are used.

In the whole FLC 8D sound more widely, openly and analitichno at similar combinations of mid/high filters.

At the installation of the gunmetal filter the manner of sounding of younger model turns out more spacious, with smooth, very detailed middle, net collected high frequencies of which quantitatively it is more, than in 8N, but on quality of working off, in my opinion, they it is better. Low-frequency range equal and more monotonous. There is no such timber variety, speed and accuracy of blow in a lower case as in a case with 8N, but there is a sustained and velvet bass that gives identity and charm.

1535179527321873.jpg

The high-frequency register as I have already told, is fulfilled more precisely, more purely and more lingeringly. Quantitatively it is more of him, and personally I would reduce this speed. What without problems also managed to be made. I will tell about it below.

Now we insert the gold filter and we receive almost ideal picture. If at the senior model I have preferred the graphite (gunmetal) filter, then here my choice - gold!

Low-frequency range quantitatively remains practically same as in a case with the graphite filter, but at the same time it becomes more built and adds "bodies" around the lower middle.

Mid-frequency range accurately adds emotions, remaining smooth, open and extremely detailed, beautifully drawing in detail each detail of composition.

High-frequency range has restrained the heat, has ceased "to spark" and be allocated excessively against the background of the middle. What is necessary!

This sounding reminds a combination graphite (gunmetal), gray, graphite (gunmetal) at the FLC 8N model, but with slightly impoverished low-frequency range.

At installation of the blue filter high frequencies and a part of mid-frequency range are accurately extinguished at the expense of what Low-frequency begin to dominate a few.

And the green filter is intended for fans of sparkling, net and air high frequencies. Too in own way the interesting control which quite have the right for life.

My choice has surely fallen on "gold"!

1535179539568677.jpg

For example

Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson "Say say say"

The composition sounds smoothly, purely and very musically.

The blow is exact, dense, quantitatively there isn't a lot of it, it goes approximately level with the middle. The bass fast and collected that still would be advisable to it, so is weight and a tembralny variety, what in all beauty to us was shown 8N.

It isn't bad at all, but sounding nearly has a basis, "body", and for the rest everything accurately and definitely, won't carp.

Mids is smooth, expressive and detailed. Each tool, each sigh, contact of strings, is transferred truly and beautifully, with a due share of an expression. There are no irritating factors which can excite hearing shouts and sharp splashes, everything is sensible, accents are placed competently, it is possible to hear this case long and with pleasure

Voice parts are perfectly transferred, in ears and sweet-voiced roulades of Mr. Paul and Michael Jackson flow.

«…You never ever worry

And you never shed a tear

You're saying that my love ain't real

Just look at my face these tears ain't drying…»

High frequencies are reasonably maleficiated, them, in my opinion, in the considered control there is so much how many it is necessary. And to their quality of working off it is difficult to show something. All grandly, culturally.

1535179559493067.jpg

Conclusion

FLC 8D - uncommon IEM. Despite much smaller number of filters, they as well as the senior model, are capable to satisfy inquiries of the most exacting fans of a sound.

Besides a set, quality of assembly, design and ergonomics - everything, as well as in a case with 8N, at height!

And here the price on 8D is much lower. Generally, if you need a serious sound which also can be arranged on the taste, then these earphones undoubtedly are worthy to appear on your head.

Pluses

Sound with 4 options of fine tuning, a set, quality of assembly, design, ergonomics, the price.

Minuses

No.
Thanks for the wonderful review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back