FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 14, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #7,381 of 7,931
For some reason, I couldn't send the picture by my phone, l ' resend tomorrow.
Sorry! We never reveal which model of armature is using our products, If you did see any information about it, Maybe someone open the product.
Below are the FR, FLC8D is red + gray + gold, the others are gray + gray + gold
Frequency Responses.png

May 16, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #7,386 of 7,931
Hello Forrest,
I noticed you are very active on this board.

After reading almost every post about the FLC8S, I finally bought a pair in August 2017. Unfortunately my cable started to malfunction, now there is no sound on the left speaker at all. Cable looks still fine, so something broke inside.

Is there a way you can send me a new stock cable, since I'm under warranty? I live in Germany though.

Would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

I would also appreciate a release date announcement for the flc9, since I will buy a pair. :)

May 16, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #7,387 of 7,931
Hello Forrest,

After reading almost every post about the FLC8S, I finally bought a pair in August 2017. Unfortunately my cable started to malfunction, now there is no sound on the left speaker at all. Cable looks still fine, so something broke inside.

Is there a way you can send me a new stock cable, since I'm under warranty? I live in Germany though.

I would also appreciate a release date announcement for the flc9, since I will buy a pair. :)
Cable looking fine doesn't mean it is. have you tried switching side (using the other side of the cable to check).

Can you please post the compensated graph?

There are many compensations around and everyone has its own take on it (F.E diffuse field compensation, every one is making his own and it doesn't mean that one's DF compensation will be similar to someone's else). So i doubt you'll get a compensation that will be comparable to others.
Your best shot for getting an accurate comparison would be to use raw that was measured on the same system or standard like the IEC711.

May 16, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #7,391 of 7,931
Hello Forrest,

Sorry for the quality issue, I replied your mail, please check.

May 16, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #7,392 of 7,931
Cable looking fine doesn't mean it is. have you tried switching side (using the other side of the cable to check).

There are many compensations around and everyone has its own take on it (F.E diffuse field compensation, every one is making his own and it doesn't mean that one's DF compensation will be similar to someone's else). So i doubt you'll get a compensation that will be comparable to others.
Your best shot for getting an accurate comparison would be to use raw that was measured on the same system or standard like the IEC711.
Every measurement equipment has its own compensation curve, but the resulting compensated graphs are supposed to be comparable, even if they originated from different measuring equipment.

Raw measurements do not show how the headphone will sound to most people.

May 18, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #7,395 of 7,931
i have the wonderful flc 8s for almost 8 months and i enjoyed this iem very much but recently i did somthing with it and turn this iem in somthing much more amazing that i want to share with you maybe you be amazed like me i took out the nozzle filter and put the clear clear in others and connect it to a impedance adapter and the sound is somthing that is hard to describe its just wonderful i hope you try and enjoy as much as me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back