FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 13, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #7,368 of 7,931
Can't really sound quite the same if they indeed changed the armature(still want to know which model) and the housing is now metal instead of plastic. The thing mentioned most often is a bigger stage size. Hopefully that is true.

May 13, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #7,369 of 7,931
Yeah, supposed new BAs and new housing with different shape and made out of metal should change the sound. And they do advertise them as having "New Sound" and "Wider sound field", so one would think that they know their stuff.

May 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #7,370 of 7,931
Maybe not exactly the same but no so different to replace the original flc8s... When you think what it is missing you can't think many things ... That's the problem when you do something so good... I bought it after reading ljokerl's review but I think he is now retired and I don't trust the reviewers in his web page... Hopefully someone of this thread can make a good review for us

May 13, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #7,371 of 7,931
Maybe not exactly the same but no so different to replace the original flc8s... When you think what it is missing you can't think many things ... That's the problem when you do something so good... I bought it after reading ljokerl's review but I think he is now retired and I don't trust the reviewers in his web page... Hopefully someone of this thread can make a good review for us
Yeah, joker was the best. He was also the only reviewer I really trusted, because our opinions mostly aligned and he had the same sound preferences as me. Nowadays there is so much hype and mainly disappointment if you buy into it. People buy 6+ driver chi-fi stuff from AE and think it's the best thing ever while in fact flc8s can wipe the floor with all of them. Even the single-BA ety er4s can, but people just care about the driver count and not about the actual R&D that goes into the properly built and tuned gear.
AS far as sound improvements - there is always something you can improve even if you now think there isn't. I'm sure that if you can audition all of the newer TOTL gear at least one thing will change your mind, but of course diminishing returns are always a factor

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #7,374 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei can you provide a frequency response or any comparision between the FLC8S and FLC8d/n? Just to get an idea on how the tonality has changed, if at all?

Frequency responses don't have much different, but the sounds differ a lot, even with a different cable(frequency responses are the same with different cables) you can feel a big change of the sound, you can image how big difference of changing an armature.

May 14, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #7,375 of 7,931
Frequency responses don't have much different, but the sounds differ a lot, even with a different cable(frequency responses are the same with different cables) you can feel a big change of the sound, you can image how big difference of changing an armature.
I'm guessing the change in sound comes from impulse response or THD changes.

May 14, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #7,376 of 7,931

I remember reading somewhere that the FLC8s used a TWFK. Is the new BA-Driver proprietary?

May 14, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #7,377 of 7,931
I remember reading somewhere that the FLC8s used a TWFK. Is the new BA-Driver proprietary?
Sorry! We never reveal which model of armature is using our products, If you did see any information about it, Maybe someone open the product.
Below are the FR, FLC8D is red + gray + gold, the others are gray + gray + gold

Attachments

• Frequency Responses.png
    Frequency Responses.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #7,378 of 7,931
Sorry! We never reveal which model of armature is using our products, If you did see any information about it, Maybe someone open the product.
For some reason, I couldn't send the picture by my phone, l ' resend tomorrow.

May 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #7,379 of 7,931

you are right! The BA is TWFK, wired with a high pass filter.

There is no other electric filter besides the high pass filter on the TWFK.

DD is 8.6MM.

We didn't reverse both of the BA, just reverse the for high frequency.

May 14, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #7,380 of 7,931
Sorry, I forgot, Maybe I' m getting old.

What I want to say is that, we never propaganda the armature in official way as others did, Maybe you didn't know, some of the Chinese brand names put a lot of energy to propaganda the armatures They are using, to Me, armature is important, but experience is more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back