FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 8, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #7,351 of 7,931
I posted a while back that I damaged my rubber gaskets. Messaged @Flcforrestwei about them and he very promptly shipped me some replacement gaskets. Installing the replacement gasket was relatively quick and painless. I was rather paranoid about accidentally tearing the old gasket and causing a chunk to fall into the ULF port but fortunately that didn't happen.

I have an extra rubber gasket on hand now so if anyone happens to be in the EU and is facing the same problem, feel free to PM me and I will have it shipped to you.

May 8, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #7,353 of 7,931
It will be interesting to see on the FLC8n if the upper midrange has the same frequency curve as the 8s. That is an area of focus on Brooko's review if I recall. He experimented with filters and no filters extensively to move around a small peak in that frequency range if I recall.

Meanwhile grey - grey - grey sounds pretty much like a true purist approach...straight wire with gain....reference tuning. Whereas I usually end up adding a bit of low end to my units.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #7,354 of 7,931
LMUE has the 8n in stock and has a bday sale running until the end of this weekend so you can get the 8n for circa 286 usd. The 8d will be in stock in a week but you can pre-order it now for circa 220

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #7,355 of 7,931
So, Forrest said the 8D is not tunable. LMUE says tuning at the front only. So it is mids/treble tunable??
8d4__12505.1526044861.1280.1280.png

Not bad for $220 if they are still tunable at the front. Bass tuning is quite doable with tips.

New armature?? Was it revealed which one it is?

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #7,356 of 7,931
Yeah, I think I'll be going for the 8d - I dig its cleaner aesthetics and the color more, and there are less things to lose - and honestly the announced red, grey, gold fixed tuning is probably what I would have used on the 8n anyway. If the front is tunable even better. On the other side - there is a blue arrow next to the gold filter on the pic you posted, so maybe it's just the gold filter and one has to buy the other filters additionaly

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #7,357 of 7,931
Well, I pre-ordered the 8d. Just a heads up, but the prices shown in usd on lmue are not accurate as you pay in SGD and the SGD prices are the equivalent of the announced MSRP, so 355 for the 8n and 273 for the 8d. You still get to use the bday discount this weekend though, so you can knock 15% off of the price. The 8d came down to about $232, so still 40 bucks cheaper and the 8n comes down to about $ 300, so still a deal and way better than the penonaudio price

May 12, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #7,359 of 7,931
If the 8D is tunable and comes with the four filters it seems quite attractive for me. Since I like red - grey -gunmetal already I would want to be able to change the tips from the more popular red - grey - gold. Has anybody confirmed what it and is not provided and whether the tips are in fact modifiable?

May 12, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #7,360 of 7,931
If the 8D is tunable and comes with the four filters it seems quite attractive for me. Since I like red - grey -gunmetal already I would want to be able to change the tips from the more popular red - grey - gold. Has anybody confirmed what it and is not provided and whether the tips are in fact modifiable?

You are right! 8d is tunable With 4 nozzles come alone With the iem.

May 12, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #7,361 of 7,931
You are right! 8d is tunable With 4 nozzles come alone With the iem.
That's a great decision on your part. I think a lot of people might have been scared away from the tuning system, so providing a solid base tuning with just the easy to change nozzle filters will make the 8d a lot more accessible and easier to recommend.

May 12, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #7,362 of 7,931
I have ordered the new FLC8N from LMUE since they got the birthday discount. Awhile ago, I was preparing to pull the trigger on the FLC8S after I auditioned it in LMUE stores. Now they are going for the same price after the discount code. Glad that I had held out for that.

I know that the FLC8N supposed to be the upgrade to the 8s according to the specs. Anyone who has heard both care to compare?

May 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #7,364 of 7,931
Well, I pre-ordered the 8d. Just a heads up, but the prices shown in usd on lmue are not accurate as you pay in SGD and the SGD prices are the equivalent of the announced MSRP, so 355 for the 8n and 273 for the 8d. You still get to use the bday discount this weekend though, so you can knock 15% off of the price. The 8d came down to about $232, so still 40 bucks cheaper and the 8n comes down to about $ 300, so still a deal and way better than the penonaudio price

Looks like I can retire my FLC8s now. 227€ seems like a great deal, especially when I can use it with Red-Gray-Gray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back