FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #7,276 of 7,931
Just got a pair recently and I'm really enjoying them so far. A few questions. Can anyone confirm if there is actually a proper remote/mic cable for it that will fit without stretching it out? Also I'm having some fit issues - would the spin tips be the best bet for a better fit? Seems like some people say that it takes away from the high end - what's the consensus on that. Would the next best be the spiral dots? Thanks

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #7,277 of 7,931
I have no issues whatever re: sibilance. I do not own the LZ-A5.

Isn't it like multi filter system like the flc8s? Figured someone may complain about the green filters.

Nice try calling me out :wink: I believe I called you out first.

Yes, you definitely called me out first. And I was "calling you out" right back (in kind) to say that your ad hominem response strikes me as off base.

I believe I am representing my good name by asking you if you have sibilance problems with the FLC8S. If not, what is your beef?

I brought up another IEM where there are reports about sibilance to provide an example of multiple users complaining about that issue. There have been very few if any complaints about this IEM (the FLC8S) Why does that make me a fanboi if in fact there are no reported sibiliance problems from just about anybody else? Whereas with that other (the LZ) IEM sibiliance comes up all the time; so a comment about sibiliance would result in "aha another user with reported sibilance issues". With regard to the FCL8S, I did say was that it is very possible that the reported sibilance issue from this particular user is very likely a fit issue.

For what it is worth, responding to your most recent post; I do not care for either the blue or green filters. I like the blue filters a lot less than the green filter though I would pretty much never use either without modifications.

Somewhere or other I did provide some advice from Forrest that showed a method to modify the blue filters to be a more dubdued version of the green filter; but that certainly will not help the sibilance issue for the user with that issue. And for that matter; I acknowledged that this unit may be a poor match for that user.

Is that typical fanboi behavior? A fanboi typically wants everybody to love their unit no matter what. Would a fanboi publicly state that they do not like two of the four included MF/HF filters; and that they find it annoying that the ULF filters go flying away a bit too frequently?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #7,278 of 7,931
Yes, you definitely called me out first. And I was "calling you out" right back (in kind) to say that your ad hominem response strikes me as off base.

I believe I am representing my good name by asking you if you have sibilance problems with the FLC8S. If not, what is your beef?

I brought up another IEM where there are reports about sibilance to provide an example of multiple users complaining about that issue. There have been very few if any complaints about this IEM (the FLC8S) Why does that make me a fanboi if in fact there are no reported sibiliance problems from just about anybody else? Whereas with that other (the LZ) IEM sibiliance comes up all the time; so a comment about sibiliance would result in "aha another user with reported sibilance issues". With regard to the FCL8S, I did say was that it is very possible that the reported sibilance issue from this particular user is very likely a fit issue.

For what it is worth, responding to your most recent post; I do not care for either the blue or green filters. I like the blue filters a lot less than the green filter though I would pretty much never use either without modifications.

Somewhere or other I did provide some advice from Forrest that showed a method to modify the blue filters to be a more dubdued version of the green filter; but that certainly will not help the sibilance issue for the user with that issue. And for that matter; I acknowledged that this unit may be a poor match for that user.

Is that typical fanboi behavior? A fanboi typically wants everybody to love their unit no matter what. Would a fanboi publicly state that they do not like two of the four included MF/HF filters; and that they find it annoying that the ULF filters go flying away a bit too frequently?

If you can't find a tip that solves the issue then this IEM is not for you. Sorry to say but sibilance simply is not a common complaint about these. The LZ-A5? Yes, lots of complaints. Not these.

"Lots of complaints"

Yeah. First you start of with exaggerations. Then you come out fumbling/stumbling with further excuses to sell whatever you have to sell.

The flc8s in my point of view is a well respected iem that deserves its praises, there's no need for fanatic commentary to downplay other well received iems.

Anyhow you can move on. I'm done with you bud.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #7,279 of 7,931
[QUOTE="1TrickPony,
Anyhow you can move on. I'm done with you bud.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I brought up the LZ-A5.

Not sure where you are coming from but lets agree to ignore each other.

Maybe you can help out Duo8 with his issues cause I sure could not.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #7,282 of 7,931
I'm about to give up on FLC9.
Is there an ETA/price?

I already gave up. The title of this novel exactly represents FLC 9 future:

a639c6cacc03bd28b76c5535af47af1d.jpg

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #7,284 of 7,931
To be fair to Forrest, he did state quite some time ago that projected release of the FLC9 would be some time in April. We are not there yet :)

Otherwise i agree, information and updates are lacking...

We just have to realize that head-fi is a small market for FLC. They don't earn their money here.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #7,285 of 7,931
Can anyone recommend some alternative tips other than the Sonys for the FCL 8S? The stocks don't fit my left ear, and neither does JVC sized (I think, i bought some JVC gumy to test and I think it has the same size as the spiral dots and they don't give a good seal). The sonys work perfect for my right ear but not my left. Any other tips which are close to the sony hybrids?

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #7,287 of 7,931
To be fair to Forrest, he did state quite some time ago that projected release of the FLC9 would be some time in April. We are not there yet :)

Otherwise i agree, information and updates are lacking...

We just have to realize that head-fi is a small market for FLC. They don't earn their money here.

Headfi is a very important place to us! I'm very busy these days, can not update the information on time, sorry!
We just attended Canjam Singapore last weekend, and there will be a show in Shanghai China soon.

I mentioned here before, FLC9 will not be released till middle of this year, we announced to release FLC8n, FLC8d and Celeste over two months ago, but the product still can't be shipped smoothly. Two days ago, we just shipped less than twenty pcs of FLC8n to Chinese customers who ordered two months ago, FLC8d and FLC8n will be available in international market in two weeks.

We are so sorry for the delay! The Chinese New Year have a great impact to the products, and we adopted a polish finish for the products, which cause a very high visual failure rate.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #7,288 of 7,931
Can anyone recommend some alternative tips other than the Sonys for the FCL 8S? The stocks don't fit my left ear, and neither does JVC sized (I think, i bought some JVC gumy to test and I think it has the same size as the spiral dots and they don't give a good seal). The sonys work perfect for my right ear but not my left. Any other tips which are close to the sony hybrids?

My ear canals are of different sizes (it seems like yours might be too) and the biflange spinfits work really well for me.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #7,290 of 7,931
Headfi is a very important place to us! I'm very busy these days, can not update the information on time, sorry!
We just attended Canjam Singapore last weekend, and there will be a show in Shanghai China soon.

I mentioned here before, FLC9 will not be released till middle of this year, we announced to release FLC8n, FLC8d and Celeste over two months ago, but the product still can't be shipped smoothly. Two days ago, we just shipped less than twenty pcs of FLC8n to Chinese customers who ordered two months ago, FLC8d and FLC8n will be available in international market in two weeks.

We are so sorry for the delay! The Chinese New Year have a great impact to the products, and we adopted a polish finish for the products, which cause a very high visual failure rate.

Thanks for the update Forrest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back