FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #6,901 of 7,931
If auditioning isn't an option, your best bet may be to buy used. I find that I can usually resell a used piece of audio gear for what I paid for it used. So the only money you are out is the cost of shipping. And shipping for IEMs is minimal.

Does anyone know how I could audition the FLC8S?

I'm pretty interested in them, but at this price range, I just don't know what to expect. I'm rather apprehensive of dropping so much on IEMs once again and being disappointed (My last purchase was the Ety ER4XR and was rather let down by my own expectations).[/QUO

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #6,902 of 7,931
Does anyone know how I could audition the FLC8S?

I'm pretty interested in them, but at this price range, I just don't know what to expect. I'm rather apprehensive of dropping so much on IEMs once again and being disappointed (My last purchase was the Ety ER4XR and was rather let down by my own expectations).

You can buy from shenzenaudio as they have a 30 day return policy iirc. I bought mine from them as well and their customer service is good.

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #6,903 of 7,931
Hi everyone! Good day!

I just got my FLC 8s yesterday, and bought it used, and just want to ask a few things.

1. The cable included to me was reterminated to 2.5mm balanced out. I don't have a 2.5mm player so I got a Fiio L26 as a temporary fix. May I ask about the cable compatibility, and what type of cables I must look for?
2. Since I got this used, without receipt from the seller, I would like to ask if I could expect any after sales support?
3. Tips that work great with the longer than usual nozzle?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day everyone!

This IEM really is a beast.

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #6,904 of 7,931
If auditioning isn't an option, your best bet may be to buy used. I find that I can usually resell a used piece of audio gear for what I paid for it used. So the only money you are out is the cost of shipping. And shipping for IEMs is minimal.
I might look into that, but my problem with that is that when they are used, they may have problems the seller fails to neglect. And I'll probably still be paying around 2/3 the price. Since these will be my only IEMs, I'm ok with paying a little more in this case for new ones. So long as I am able to try them out before hand. There's also the factor of warranty. Idk if that transfers to 2nd hand buyers either.

You can buy from shenzenaudio as they have a 30 day return policy iirc. I bought mine from them as well and their customer service is good.
I might just do that. They seem to have a good reputation.

Do you know if any seller sells replacement filters (since one of the main complaints with these is how easy the filters are to lose)?

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #6,905 of 7,931
I might look into that, but my problem with that is that when they are used, they may have problems the seller fails to neglect. And I'll probably still be paying around 2/3 the price. Since these will be my only IEMs, I'm ok with paying a little more in this case for new ones. So long as I am able to try them out before hand. There's also the factor of warranty. Idk if that transfers to 2nd hand buyers either.

I might just do that. They seem to have a good reputation.

Do you know if any seller sells replacement filters (since one of the main complaints with these is how easy the filters are to lose)?

Just send them a mail and ask this 30 day policy beforehand. They reply quickly, at least they did to me when i asked them about cables before purchasing my flc8s.

In my case, the box does have one loose bag of filters extra apart from normal filter set we get with flc8s.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #6,907 of 7,931
Just send them a mail and ask this 30 day policy beforehand. They reply quickly, at least they did to me when i asked them about cables before purchasing my flc8s.

In my case, the box does have one loose bag of filters extra apart from normal filter set we get with flc8s.
I asked them, and they replied very quickly. They said they would be happy to give a full refund should I not like the sound. However, I would have to pay return shipping (makes sense), which would probably come out to something like $20.

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #6,908 of 7,931
I asked them, and they replied very quickly. They said they would be happy to give a full refund should I not like the sound. However, I would have to pay return shipping (makes sense), which would probably come out to something like $20.

Given all the tuning options, it's unlikely you won't find a sound you like. They have excellent technical abilities right from the start. The main issue some people have is with the cable but improvements have been made and a stock FLC8, not S, cable removes all the issues. The 8S is a very safe bet.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #6,909 of 7,931
Hi everyone! Good day!

I just got my FLC 8s yesterday, and bought it used, and just want to ask a few things.

1. The cable included to me was reterminated to 2.5mm balanced out. I don't have a 2.5mm player so I got a Fiio L26 as a temporary fix. May I ask about the cable compatibility, and what type of cables I must look for?
2. Since I got this used, without receipt from the seller, I would like to ask if I could expect any after sales support?
3. Tips that work great with the longer than usual nozzle?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day everyone!

This IEM really is a beast.

1. The cable is using the UE 0.75mm standard, though in some cases the pin-size is actually a tiny bit smaller at 0.74mm. It still works, but there is some risk of stretching the connectors using regular UE-type cables.
2. When and where did the seller purchase it from? The FLC8s has an one year warranty.
3. My preference goes to the Sony Hybrids and JVC Spiral Dots.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #6,910 of 7,931
Just waiting for massdrop flc 8s drop. Any idea what was the price last time guys.

I think it was $270, but I don't remember if it included shipping in the US or not.

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #6,911 of 7,931
1. The cable is using the UE 0.75mm standard, though in some cases the pin-size is actually a tiny bit smaller at 0.74mm. It still works, but there is some risk of stretching the connectors using regular UE-type cables.
2. When and where did the seller purchase it from? The FLC8s has an one year warranty.
3. My preference goes to the Sony Hybrids and JVC Spiral Dots.

How different does sony hybrid/jvc spiral dots alters sound when compared to stock tips. Stock tips has some treble peak in lower mids which i don't like. Recently i tried comply tx 400 and again it can't compete with spinfits especially in openness.

I am thinking of giving symbio's a try now. Jvc spiral dots look good but haven't heard much about it's sonic abilities.

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #6,913 of 7,931
How different does sony hybrid/jvc spiral dots alters sound when compared to stock tips. Stock tips has some treble peak in lower mids which i don't like. Recently i tried comply tx 400 and again it can't compete with spinfits especially in openness.
I am thinking of giving symbio's a try now. Jvc spiral dots look good but haven't heard much about it's sonic abilities.

In my experience, increasing bore size decreases treble response. Also, I hate Spinfits with all of my life, it really screws with the tonality, plus getting a proper seal with them was always very difficult for me.
Symbio's are "generic" eartips with 3M 1100 Foam Ear Plugs (or some other brand) inside of them. It improves on Isolation, but tonality-wise they are like any other eartip.

Trial and Error, I suppose.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #6,914 of 7,931
In my experience, increasing bore size decreases treble response.

I have the exact opposite experience.

Also, I hate Spinfits with all of my life, it really screws with the tonality, plus getting a proper seal with them was always very difficult for me.

Again, I have the exact opposite experience. Love SpinFits.
Symbio's are "generic" eartips with 3M 1100 Foam Ear Plugs (or some other brand) inside of them. It improves on Isolation, but tonality-wise they are like any other eartip.
At the risk of repeating myself... I again have the exact opposite experience. Their FR is not like that of any other eartip:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shu...tatic-earphones.785377/page-213#post-13828869

The trial and error bit is good advice though. There's no substitute for testing for yourself and figuring out what works best for you.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #6,915 of 7,931
I have the exact opposite experience.

Again, I have the exact opposite experience. Love SpinFits.

At the risk of repeating myself... I again have the exact opposite experience. Their FR is not like that of any other eartip:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shu...tatic-earphones.785377/page-213#post-13828869

The trial and error bit is good advice though. There's no substitute for testing for yourself and figuring out what works best for you.

Indeed, this is something very subjective. Individual anatomy, insertion-angle, just too many factors playing into it.
The graph is interesting, especially the "anomaly" at 10kHz, mind telling me your set-up? Most set-ups are just not accurate beyond 10k (or even earlier), e.g. Veritas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back