FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #6,632 of 7,931
This week I ordered a Null TF10 lune silver cable and a Whiplash copper cable with a TF10 connector ... I guess I will need to wait a few weeks to see the results due to wait time

Currently have a Red FLC8S with the silver upgrade cable ... if you let this cable hang at full length for a few days the 'twisty' effect lessens a bit ...

Null & Whiplash orders were done to see if SQ could be improved

I love these earphones
Love to hear your impressions! Im thinking of getting the lune or arete, but mainly for comfort reasons

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #6,634 of 7,931
A couple of people had asked about the effect of eartips, so I thought I'd share the following:

FLC8S_Eartips.png

My tuning/mic/coupler/sound-card/DAC/etc., likely won't match yours, but the important point here is the difference in measured frequency response with the different types of tips. Briefly:

1) All standard silicone tips give a similar response, which are close to my measurement tolerances. If you can get a seal with the stock black or white silicone tips, I see no need to go to SpinFits. (I just get a better, more comfortable seal with SpinFit tips.)
2) Foam tips roll off the treble. I see this consistently on all IEMs I've measured.
3) There are some interesting hybrid tips around these days, like the Trinity Audio Kombi or Symbio tips. Symbio, in particular, seems to consistently accentuate the treble. That might be a good thing on IEMs that have a weaker treble extension, but they really aren't needed with the FLC8(S) - in fact the treble peak could get a bit too much with Symbio tips. Also, Symbio tips are quite hard and can be uncomfortable to wear for long periods.

My recommendation would be to simply find whatever silicone eartip gives you a good, comfortable seal.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #6,637 of 7,931
No idea how to search threads...

Does anyone have experience with Periodic Be vs FLC8(s)? Real interested to hear comparisons.
I got a chance to listen to the flc for a week from a friend, so my impression are not to be taken seriously. I like it a lot but I found it too similar to dn2k so i didn't order it. Here is my take: they have very different sound, be is much faster with less decay all around, more coherent and analytical. the flc is more musical with more sub bass. They are not alike at all, almost the opposite sides of the same coin. The be treble is very precise with excellent extension without any treble peaks. The flc8 is sharper with excellent definitions. Be mids are very clear with a lot of resolution, but at the same very intimate, the flc has more spacious sound that is more 3D. They also look very different, flc looks like a gem, I don't even want to say how the be look, but the be is extremely light and comfortable for being a large iem. However it is very durable, it can take a beating without a sweat.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #6,638 of 7,931
I got a chance to listen to the flc for a week from a friend, so my impression are not to be taken seriously. I like it a lot but I found it too similar to dn2k so i didn't order it. Here is my take: they have very different sound, be is much faster with less decay all around, more coherent and analytical. the flc is more musical with more sub bass. They are not alike at all, almost the opposite sides of the same coin. The be treble is very precise with excellent extension without any treble peaks. The flc8 is sharper with excellent definitions. Be mids are very clear with a lot of resolution, but at the same very intimate, the flc has more spacious sound that is more 3D. They also look very different, flc looks like a gem, I don't even want to say how the be look, but the be is extremely light and comfortable for being a large iem. However it is very durable, it can take a beating without a sweat.

Thanks for the comparison. I've sadly had too many cord failures to be comfortable with a fixed cable at the Be price point. Especially one where there is no visible reinforcement at the earbud.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #6,639 of 7,931
While, I agree with you about be cables, it's was my first complain, but it does come with 5 years warranty. Overall, I feel the flc is one of the most musical iem I've heard, it checks all the right boxes for the price, imo, it's the leader in value, however the be is also up there with a much different signature. If you listen to rock and metal, and vocals, be is hard to beat, if you listen to instrumental and edm, I'll take flc.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #6,641 of 7,931
While, I agree with you about be cables, it's was my first complain, but it does come with 5 years warranty. Overall, I feel the flc is one of the most musical iem I've heard, it checks all the right boxes for the price, imo, it's the leader in value, however the be is also up there with a much different signature. If you listen to rock and metal, and vocals, be is hard to beat, if you listen to instrumental and edm, I'll take flc.

I love the Bes. I have a pair of Shockwave IIIs and i love their naturalness and soundstage but the Be is in my heart.

Thanks for the feedback @datranz and @Roscoeiii

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #6,642 of 7,931
Just want to chime in here, i want to appreciate the way edm sounds with flc8s.

It's heavenly. This is for sure, especially with the kind soundstage and bass response i am getting with stock black tips. I am using an all grey combination.

Want to thank @HiFiChris for the recommendation.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #6,643 of 7,931
I immensely enjoy listening to my FLC8s with my Shanling M2, but since I got Tidal HiFi I am looking for a smartphone which enables me to stream and download albums from Tidal. I have been to the threads about audiophile-friendly smartphones and found the HTC 10 to receive a lot of praise. Does anyone know about the synergy with the FLC8s? I am also open to other suggestions.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #6,644 of 7,931
I immensely enjoy listening to my FLC8s with my Shanling M2, but since I got Tidal HiFi I am looking for a smartphone which enables me to stream and download albums from Tidal. I have been to the threads about audiophile-friendly smartphones and found the HTC 10 to receive a lot of praise. Does anyone know about the synergy with the FLC8s? I am also open to other suggestions.

You should definitely check out the upcoming LG V30!

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #6,645 of 7,931
Ive used my flc8s with lg g6 (quad dac), galaxy s6 and s7 edge.

To be honest its not too source sensitive, which is one of its strengths, so its sounds pretty good regardless.

The only caveat id have is with crappy pc sound cards or noisey docks. I do get a bit of hissing when listening through my work laptop dock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back