FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #6,331 of 7,931
How about a balanced cable for the FLC8?

If you want an inexpensive option, Fiio makes a UE balanced cable that may work with the FLC8S. The part number is RC-UE2B. Just got the equivalent cable for my LZ-A4.

If you wanna go big then there are any number of options available.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #6,334 of 7,931
  hey headfiers,

I read a lot of reviews and threads now, but still cant decide.
Im currently on the verge to buy one of these two: FLC8s or Fidue A83

Currently have the LZ-A4, strong and deep bass, which I really like, but they are quite chunky/sharp and a tiny bit too strong with their bass.

Can someone compare these two? Maybe even with the A4?
How strong is the Midbass / Subbass? Highs with sibilance / harshness? Overall liking?

Its pretty hard to give a definitive answer on the sound signature because of the tuning flexibility.  But in reference tuning, I would call it fairly balanced, good but not overbearing bass (can be enhanced with tuning).  I haven't tried the green nozzle, which is the brightest, but treble is not harsh or sibilant with other nozzles but has good detail.  The red/gray/gold which is one of the more popular configurations is somewhat mid-focused with some enhanced sub-bass.  I prefer the gray nozzle as I feel is gives better treble definition.  The 8S conveys a lot of detail, but remains very musical and enjoyable.  I haven't heard either of the other IEM's you mentioned.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #6,335 of 7,931

Its pretty hard to give a definitive answer on the sound signature because of the tuning flexibility.  But in reference tuning, I would call it fairly balanced, good but not overbearing bass (can be enhanced with tuning).  I haven't tried the green nozzle, which is the brightest, but treble is not harsh or sibilant with other nozzles but has good detail.  The red/gray/gold which is one of the more popular configurations is somewhat mid-focused with some enhanced sub-bass.  I prefer the gray nozzle as I feel is gives better treble definition.  The 8S conveys a lot of detail, but remains very musical and enjoyable.  I haven't heard either of the other IEM's you mentioned.

Jeah I know, but I would most likely use one of the following:
ULF: Red or Grey
LF: Black or Grey
MF /HF: Gold or Black

since im more into Bass.
The thing is, I had ordered and tested a few IEMs now and im a little sick of ordering and noticing that the bass amount isnt the one I was looking for or even that they are sibilant and I would have to return them. :s
Thats why I am asking so much

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #6,336 of 7,931

Jeah I know, but I would most likely use one of the following:
ULF: Red or Grey
LF: Black or Grey
MF /HF: Gold or Black

since im more into Bass.
The thing is, I had ordered and tested a few IEMs now and im a little sick of ordering and noticing that the bass amount isnt the one I was looking for or even that they are sibilant and I would have to return them. :s
Thats why I am asking so much

I personally don't consider  them as a basshead IEM, although a few people do.  They do go low and have good impact though, definitely not a weak bass.  So bass quality is excellent, quantity with red and black is above neutral but still not out of control.  You won't get sibilance.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,337 of 7,931
I personally don't consider  them as a basshead IEM, although a few people do.  They do go low and have good impact though, definitely not a weak bass.  So bass quality is excellent, quantity with red and black is above neutral but still not out of control.  You won't get sibilance.

As a fellow FLC8S owner, I am with you here. They have lovely bass, no question. But bass head, well visit the item bass head thread - this is not kindergarten :). In order to earn basshead badges.... I doubt the FLC8S has what it takes. However, again, the bass is lovely and if you are a bass lover and not a bass head, you are in for a treat, but bass heads are dialed up to 11 - so careful with calling something bass head- it's not that easy....
Cheers.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #6,338 of 7,931

As a fellow FLC8S owner, I am with you here. They have lovely bass, no question. But bass head, well visit the item bass head thread - this is not kindergarten
smily_headphones1.gif
. In order to earn basshead badges.... I doubt the FLC8S has what it takes. However, again, the bass is lovely and if you are a bass lover and not a bass head, you are in for a treat, but bass heads are dialed up to 11 - so careful with calling something bass head- it's not that easy....
Cheers.

Jeah, koolpep maybe got it. :) I dont want that basshead IEM (then I would to the LZ-A4, they have very very strong rumble, and still they arent probably basshead).
I like to feel the bass rumbling, but still to hear the mids and highs clear and get them separated. :)

Thank you guys! :)

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #6,339 of 7,931
I have the LZ-A2 and a pair of the LZ-A4 on the way. I think the LZ-A2 has stronger bass but not as good in other areas.

You can dial in plenty of bass on the FLC8S but I don't think it ever hits "bass head" territory. The bass tends to being accurate rather than overwhelming.

Personally I like that approach. But then again right now I am living in "reference" land for my tuning, which is gray - gray - gunmetal. I did live in pseudo bass head land for a while, which would be red -gray -gold or something like that. I like the multiple personality disorder aspect of these (and look forward to that on the LZ-A4

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #6,341 of 7,931
I have the LZ-A2 and a pair of the LZ-A4 on the way. I think the LZ-A2 has stronger bass but not as good in other areas.

You can dial in plenty of bass on the FLC8S but I don't think it ever hits "bass head" territory. The bass tends to being accurate rather than overwhelming.

Personally I like that approach. But then again right now I am living in "reference" land for my tuning, which is gray - gray - gunmetal. I did live in pseudo bass head land for a while, which would be red -gray -gold or something like that. I like the multiple personality disorder aspect of these (and look forward to that on the LZ-A4

When it comes to textures and agility, the Flc8s is top of the class. I believe Brooko really documented both rather nicely. Quantity is there with the LZ-A4. The mids and up is really a preferential thing. I liked the grey-clear-gunmetal. I didn't get the fit I would have liked, so the bass coming out the Flc8s sounded best with the grey or clear IME. Flc8s spherical staging is really some thing (via Aune M2), wished I can try this with my Opus1...

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #6,342 of 7,931
After reading a few reviews, it seems like this is a good upgrade to Phonak PFEs with somewhat sparkly treble and good mids. The PFEs used to go toe to toe with IEMs up to $100-200 more expensive and the FLC8S do something similar. Both IEMs had a good following because of their tunable sound signature with filters. I remember reading about FLC8 when they first came out, and it was so unique compared to other IEMs. I'm glad to see they lived up to the hype.

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #6,343 of 7,931
When it comes to textures and agility, the Flc8s is top of the class. I believe Brooko really documented both rather nicely. Quantity is there with the LZ-A4. The mids and up is really a preferential thing. I liked the grey-clear-gunmetal. I didn't get the fit I would have liked, so the bass coming out the Flc8s sounded best with the grey or clear IME. Flc8s spherical staging is really some thing (via Aune M2), wished I can try this with my Opus1...

so Bass impact is nearly on par with the LZ A4?

I noticed that they include cleaning tool, dont they have filters?

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #6,345 of 7,931
Yes, the front filters lack any kind of wax-guard/protective mesh.

There are comply tips with filter, right?
Or do you have any other solution (for the lazy people here who dont want to clean them every week) 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back