FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #5,117 of 7,931
So, it seems that there are no chances to get them by christmas 2016. I can't see any enthusiasm here after first listening session, am I right?  Considering Celeste will be at least twice the price of FL8S, I was hoping for a more WOW impessions:L3000:

Anyway thanks for Your first toughts @nmatheis

So, it seems that there are no chances to get them by christmas 2016. I can't see any enthusiasm here after first listening session, am I right?  Considering Celeste will be at least twice the price of FL8S, I was hoping for a more WOW impessions:L3000:

Anyway thanks for Your first toughts @nmatheis

That is what I also felt. Not much of a wow factor.

I read Nik's impressions as being positive and that the Celeste fulfilled his expectations. He just didn't hype it because if it is a totl product, it will be great on the technical side anyway, and well, massive hype sucks anyway and I doubt that a potentially great product such as the Celeste or FLC8s needs any exaggerated hype because exaggerated hype can also turn down many customers.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #5,118 of 7,931
Well said. Unfortunately few impressions, but I think at least two people from the London Canjam thread mentioned it in the same tier as the K10/Katana, and I think another has done so again in the RMAF thread. Lets wait for the finished product before we worry about 'wow' (if ever). 

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #5,121 of 7,931
Guys, HiFiChris is right. If you read what I said again, I think you'll find that I stated that I think Celeste will be competitive with IEM that I've heard that cost significantly more. I'm just reserving final judgment because Forrest still needs to fully implement the tuning system and start providing that for impressions at shows. I'm fully confident that the final product will be better than what I heard today because I'll be able to dial the sound in perfectly fit my tastes.

As an aside, I ran into Tyll from InnerFidelity. He and I don't necessarily agree on gear, but I did ask him about Celeste. He said he liked them but wished that Forrest would release a fixed tuning version.

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #5,122 of 7,931
I need help finding a cable that is guaranteed to fit and won't break the bank.  Any help is appreciated.

I posted about this in another thread but I'm still looking for help.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/822504/flc8-cable-went-bad-constantly-cutting-out-in-left-channel-what-are-my-options

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #5,123 of 7,931
  I need help finding a cable that is guaranteed to fit and won't break the bank.  Any help is appreciated.

I posted about this in another thread but I'm still looking for help.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/822504/flc8-cable-went-bad-constantly-cutting-out-in-left-channel-what-are-my-options

What price ceiling will be breaking the bank for you? I agree that the pins for these earphones are pretty rare so cable options are limited. Off the top of my head, you have 3 options:

1) The default cable

2) FLC's silver cable

3) An aftermarket cable from SG Audio Hive. He makes or modify cables to fit the FLC8s. I have my Null Vitnesse cables modified by him to fit the FLC8 and have been working fine since day 1 (meaning no cut connection, statics noise, or unit falling out from cable etc).

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #5,124 of 7,931

What price ceiling will be breaking the bank for you? I agree that the pins for these earphones are pretty rare so cable options are limited. Off the top of my head, you have 3 options:

1) The default cable

2) FLC's silver cable

3) An aftermarket cable from SG Audio Hive. He makes or modify cables to fit the FLC8s. I have my Null Vitnesse cables modified by him to fit the FLC8 and have been working fine since day 1 (meaning no cut connection, statics noise, or unit falling out from cable etc).

For me, $100 is steep if it doesn't have a mic.

I'm happy to use the default cable if I can get one.  I don't want to spend $100 on the FLC8s silver cable - I read it doesn't sound as good as the default cable.  

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #5,126 of 7,931
Nik mentioned Andromeda! That's TOTL level in my books!

And... Subbed!!!

Oh wait...

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #5,127 of 7,931
Hi All,

Been using these guys for a month or so and love them so far.

Has anyone else had trouble with the ULF plug falling out? One of my red plugs appears to have fallen out. Good luck finding that thing.

Also, are there any dual flange tips that work really well with these guys that are fairly easy to purchase?

best,
Hank

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #5,128 of 7,931
  Hi All,

Been using these guys for a month or so and love them so far.

Has anyone else had trouble with the ULF plug falling out? One of my red plugs appears to have fallen out. Good luck finding that thing.

Also, are there any dual flange tips that work really well with these guys that are fairly easy to purchase?

best,
Hank

Don't know about tips, JVC Spiral Dots worked best for me. And no, I've never get any filter fell out. There's something wrong here.

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #5,129 of 7,931

Don't know about tips, JVC Spiral Dots worked best for me. And no, I've never get any filter fell out. There's something wrong here.

Yeah, I am using the Spiral Dots at the moment, but was looking for a tad more isolation.

Tough to say what happened. I just noticed they sounded a bit out of balance and noticed one of the plugs had disappeared. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #5,130 of 7,931
For me, $100 is steep if it doesn't have a mic.

I'm happy to use the default cable if I can get one.  I don't want to spend $100 on the FLC8s silver cable - I read it doesn't sound as good as the default cable.  

I think the silver cable sounds better as have others in this thread. Can you please link to comments where people have said the default value sounds better? If be curious to read what they have to say. I'm pretty active in this thread and can't recall anyone saying that, to be honest...

Nik mentioned Andromeda! That's TOTL level in my books!

And... Subbed!!!

Oh wait...

No hype, my friend. I didn't A/B them. Just mentioned that I think Celeste will be a great value similar to Andromeda...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back