FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #4,381 of 7,931

Here's the hifichris comparison you were looking for:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-2002/reviews/16013

Thanks. I just hope the housing on the flc 8s isn't as cheap and fragile as it looks

Neither fragile nor cheap. If I hadn't read it (and did a temperature test), I would have actually mistaken them for being made of metal. The paint is of really high quality and the plastic housings are at least of the same quality as other professional universal fit IEMs' (Westone, Shure, ...).

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #4,382 of 7,931
  The stock cable of the original FLC8 is non-braided with no memory wire. Just your typical rubber IEM cable, very supple and ergonomic. Only way to purchase would be to contact Lendmeurears directly. I got mine for about $35.

I read the upgraded silver cable still has some of the memory problems of the default cable. The default cable is a pain in the butt mess to wear. Is the silver worth the price increase even with some of that ergonomic issue?

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #4,383 of 7,931

I read the upgraded silver cable still has some of the memory problems of the default cable. The default cable is a pain in the butt mess to wear. Is the silver worth the price increase even with some of that ergonomic issue?

I'm not a believer in high end cables with "exotic" wiring and thick braiding. Only cable upgrade I've bought is a Linum BaX due to it's incredible miniscule size leading to the feeling that there's no cable at all. Overall, I've seen opinions of the silver cable here to be quite mixed. I'd look into cables for the TripleFi 10 as they are known to be compatible with the FLC8S.

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #4,384 of 7,931
  What alternatives do we have for cable? Stock cable is not at all good and I do not want to damage socket by using cables with larger pins.

We offer custom cables with 0.75mm pins:
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 9, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #4,386 of 7,931
Hi,
i have FLC8sand im using gray tips, are the only ones I liked
But my Headphones slip out of my ears, thare is a ointment that causes the tips to be more sticky to my ear

Sorry for my bad english

Not in my opinion, given your priorities. Its still pretty stiff and noisy. The original FLC8 non braided cable is a great alternative, inexpensive, and you don't have to worry about the pins. Email LMUE to order. Anything with .75 I would be concerned about.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #4,388 of 7,931
PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 12, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #4,389 of 7,931
Oh my.

So after my first pair of FLC8S blew a gasket (literally) I decided on a whim to jump on the QT5 hype train, which derailed brutally, wounding nearly everyone aboard. Immense buyer's remorse set in immediately, and was exacerbated by $80 I lost on shipping & handling charges—money I didn't exactly have laying around, stuffed in mattresses. I realized my mistake and went back to the FLC8S, which I never should have abandoned in the first place. My new pair arrived yesterday morning.

Why did I ever cheat on them? What was wrong with me!? These things are incredible! Their clarity, spaciousness, transparency, and effortless reproduction of everything I throw at them is unparalleled among my collection. They're relaxed when you want them to be and vibrantly dynamic when it's called for. Instrumental separation is nothing short of astounding, and the best part is that they are, bar none, the most comfortable IEMs I have ever used in my life. I pulled them out of the box with the default tips equipped, popped them in, and realized immediately that I could barely feel them at all. The FLC8S are so light, ergonomic, and gentle on my ears that when I lay back and close my eyes I can completely forget that I'm wearing headphones at all: the music just seems to be emanating from the air around my head—outside of my head—and flowing through my ears like water.

What an incredible experience!

Last night, while drifting off to Lunatic Soul's "Suspended in Whiteness" on infinite repeat, I felt like I was sinking into a sonic lake. Waves of sound lapped at my fingertips while I floated gently across the song's ethereal beauty. I inhaled, released, and sank beneath the surface, rising and falling in perfect synchronicity with the cadence. 

I awoke hours later with the IEMs still secured in my ears. They were every bit as comfortable as they had been when I'd first plugged them in.

Wow.

Yeah, these things are pretty much an insane value. I'd like to apologize to FLC for having jumped ship over a tiny defect that nobody else has reported. I was wrong. Please forgive me. I'm back, and I'm sorry. I won't ever cheat on you again.

---

I'm also impressed at how FLC has clearly taken our feedback seriously and improved the design already. My first pair of 8S had fairly useless heat shrink wrap as a y-splitter and cable cinch. This pair has proper components made of matching blue plastic, and the cinch has exactly the right amount of grip to it. It makes the total package just that much sexier. I've also noticed they cleaned up their user manual and improved the English grammar and spelling. Huge kudos for taking the time and effort, FLC!

My new pair has noticeable driver flex and a few minor imperfections in the cable (imperfect twisting and one side is about a centimeter longer above the y-split), so FLC clearly has some room for improvement; however, these look, feel, and sound like I would imagine a flagship product ought to.

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #4,390 of 7,931
I'll have a set of FLC8S for sale shortly. In amazing shape. Kept in a case and almost only used at home.

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #4,391 of 7,931
  Oh my.

So after my first pair of FLC8S blew a gasket (literally) I decided on a whim to jump on the QT5 hype train, which derailed brutally, wounding nearly everyone aboard. Immense buyer's remorse set in immediately, and was exacerbated by $80 I lost on shipping & handling charges—money I didn't exactly have laying around, stuffed in mattresses. I realized my mistake and went back to the FLC8S, which I never should have abandoned in the first place. My new pair arrived yesterday morning.

Why did I ever cheat on them? What was wrong with me!? These things are incredible! Their clarity, spaciousness, transparency, and effortless reproduction of everything I throw at them is unparalleled among my collection. They're relaxed when you want them to be and vibrantly dynamic when it's called for. Instrumental separation is nothing short of astounding, and the best part is that they are, bar none, the most comfortable IEMs I have ever used in my life. I pulled them out of the box with the default tips equipped, popped them in, and realized immediately that I could barely feel them at all. The FLC8S are so light, ergonomic, and gentle on my ears that when I lay back and close my eyes I can completely forget that I'm wearing headphones at all: the music just seems to be emanating from the air around my head—outside of my head—and flowing through my ears like water.

What an incredible experience!

Last night, while drifting off to Lunatic Soul's "Suspended in Whiteness" on infinite repeat, I felt like I was sinking into a sonic lake. Waves of sound lapped at my fingertips while I floated gently across the song's ethereal beauty. I inhaled, released, and sank beneath the surface, rising and falling in perfect synchronicity with the cadence. 

I awoke hours later with the IEMs still secured in my ears. They were every bit as comfortable as they had been when I'd first plugged them in.

Wow.

Yeah, these things are pretty much an insane value. I'd like to apologize to FLC for having jumped ship over a tiny defect that nobody else has reported. I was wrong. Please forgive me. I'm back, and I'm sorry. I won't ever cheat on you again.

---

I'm also impressed at how FLC has clearly taken our feedback seriously and improved the design already. My first pair of 8S had fairly useless heat shrink wrap as a y-splitter and cable cinch. This pair has proper components made of matching blue plastic, and the cinch has exactly the right amount of grip to it. It makes the total package just that much sexier. I've also noticed they cleaned up their user manual and improved the English grammar and spelling. Huge kudos for taking the time and effort, FLC!

My new pair has noticeable driver flex and a few minor imperfections in the cable (imperfect twisting and one side is about a centimeter longer above the y-split), so FLC clearly has some room for improvement; however, these look, feel, and sound like I would imagine a flagship product ought to.

I have minor driver flex with the stock silicone tips,when using the red sub-bass plug.  Switched to Crystal foamies and no more flex.  I think the sound is synergistic as well.

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #4,393 of 7,931
  What's wrong with them? Why the sale?

They are wonderful. But  I got the Dunu 2000J's again and am going to keep them instead. I like those highs the 2000J has just slightly better. Makes no sense to keep both at this time.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #4,395 of 7,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back