FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #4,306 of 7,931
On the page you linked there's no FLC8s listed as an option for the connector. Should I email them for the proper connector? ...

You need to select the Ultimate Ears TF10 connector type.

Jun 26, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #4,308 of 7,931
Are you able to run the cables easily over and behind your ears? On the page you linked there's no FLC8s listed as an option for the connector. Should I email them for the proper connector? I'd really like a red cable to go with my red FLC8s, and less stiff cable.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much is the ability of the FLC8s to sound amazing even at low volumes. Right now listening to B.B. King's There Is Always One More Time at around 10% volume of my Sony DAP, and the detail is still there. With my KEF M200 I had to go to 80% to really get the IEMs to bring their A-game. Wish I had these twenty years ago so I wouldn't trash my hearing (as much) :)

Thanks to others already responding...yes, TF10 connectors. I found that they fit fine, but have not since tried to switch to another cable.

The ear guides are coated in plastic and fit my ears fine and comfortably.

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #4,309 of 7,931
tf10 may or may not work.its not exactly 0.74mm which is the desired measurement. A 0.01mm difference is big.
Cheers :)

Their customer support got back to me very quickly. They confirmed that the TF10 pins are 0.76mm, and that they don't have the 0.74mm pins available.

I believe Forrest himself said earlier in the thread that the 0.76mm pins should work with FLC8s, but that you might not be able to ever go back to the stock pins as the 0.76mm will widen/loosen the holes. Reading through some of the comments on the Arretes in the thread supports this.

Not sure if I want to take the risk.

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #4,311 of 7,931
My review will be up in the next few hours.  That should give you an idea of my thoughts on them.  In short - avoid!

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #4,314 of 7,931
Here's my thoughts on the QT5 - http://www.head-fi.org/products/zhiyin-qt5/reviews/16328

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #4,315 of 7,931
I read the thread regarding zhiyon qt5. Some of which are being tuned differently if im not wrong.

Actually it IEM should be under development stage, but they already put out on sale.
They should do something called research and see how does human ear canal has that such big and how big comply foam can able to fit with.
Also human each ears able to carry how many weight for each side.
I am really don't understand this unique QT5.

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #4,316 of 7,931
Actually it IEM should be under development stage, but they already put out on sale.
They should do something called research and see how does human ear canal has that such big and how big comply foam can able to fit with.
Also human each ears able to carry how many weight for each side.
I am really don't understand this unique QT5.

Ok thanks for the info. And reviews. Currently waiting for rose tech pudding review tho

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #4,317 of 7,931
Anyone tried zhiyin qt5? How does it stand up against flc 8s?

After my FLC8S were found to be defective I read several reviews of the QT5 and used my refund to swap brands. They will arrive by end if day tomorrow and I'll post my thoughts by next Tuesday. What I had initially read was incredibly positive. Now Brooko has me scared. Why the hell couldn't my FLC8S just have worked in the first place!?

/sigh

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #4,318 of 7,931
All t
After my FLC8S were found to be defective I read several reviews of the QT5 and used my refund to swap brands. They will arrive by end if day tomorrow and I'll post my thoughts by next Tuesday. What I had initially read was incredibly positive. Now Brooko has me scared. Why the hell couldn't my FLC8S just have worked in the first place!?
/sigh

Lol. All the best tho. Hope things go your way!

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #4,319 of 7,931
So far my fav combo is:

Low to High
Red, Clear, Black. 

Anyone else share this preferred sound? I love the super deep sub bass but also hate the mid bass bump and also love the airiness and transition from mids into the highs. 

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back