FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #4,126 of 7,931
  Hi all,

Considering ordering these (FLC8S) to Europe, are there any import taxes to expect?

How do they stack up vs the Shure 535 SE or AH IM-04?

The FLC8 has more bass quality and quantity in default mode (grey-grey) compared to the SE535. Treble has much better extension and sparkle too. Mids is the only place they are more even. If you want smoother liquid mids, it's the 535. If you want a hint more detail then it's the FLC8 with gold nozzle. Overall presentation, 535 is intimate and mid-centric. FLC8 (default grey-grey-gold) is more exciting and expansive. For my tastes FLC8 any day.

Haven't the pleasure of hearing IM04.

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #4,128 of 7,931
  Hi all,

Considering ordering these (FLC8S) to Europe, are there any import taxes to expect?

How do they stack up vs the Shure 535 SE or AH IM-04?

I did own the IM04 briefly and it wasn't all that impressive. My biggest gripe with them was sibilance. Its treble was rather peaky for my ears. 

FLC8s is a lot smoother in the highs and in general provides a more competent sound.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #4,131 of 7,931
It's really not that bad. You can pull them out and put them back in with your fingernails. Just make sure you do it over a table because the pieces are so small!

I would even recommend doing it over the IEM's can case, or maybe even a small towel.  I had  a filter pop loose from me and bounce right off the table.  Never thought I'd find it but I did.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #4,132 of 7,931
A large white dinner plate or a bowl for me!

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #4,133 of 7,931
has anyone made a video showing how to replace the filters on these? I bought these about 2-3 months ago, use them daily, but haven't had a chance to replace the filters yet....is it easy to do?

I dont think you would need a video for this...you just unscrew the large one and just pluck out with your finger for the two small ones. They all look different, so plug in the same shape with different color for their respective hole.

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,134 of 7,931
Hi all,

Considering ordering these (FLC8S) to Europe, are there any import taxes to expect

Depend on your luck :). I have received 3 iems from China and paid tax on one. All sellers from China ship the same way, you will notice when you receive one! But the tax was low, around 10% and half of this was handling fee for DHL :). But DHL is the best shipping company without any doubt.

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #4,135 of 7,931
Depend on your luck :). I have received 3 iems from China and paid tax on one. All sellers from China ship the same way, you will notice when you receive one! But the tax was low, around 10% and half of this was handling fee for DHL :). But DHL is the best shipping company without any doubt.

Yes,thats why I hate dhl.......they impose a charge in the name of customs and that paper copy(receipt?) is theirs? :rolleyes: So imo,that full amount is theirs not just half. Hope you had those other 2 packages delivered by some other carrier(s)?

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,136 of 7,931
Yes,thats why I hate dhl.......they impose a charge in the name of customs and that paper copy(receipt?) is theirs? :rolleyes: So imo,that full amount is theirs not just half. Hope you had those other 2 packages delivered by some other carrier(s)?

One of the other was also DHL. But i agree all these "tax" money probably goes to DHL. The problem is, DHL is by far the most efficient shipping company.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #4,138 of 7,931
  I would even recommend doing it over the IEM's can case, or maybe even a small towel.  I had  a filter pop loose from me and bounce right off the table.  Never thought I'd find it but I did.

One more thing to watch out for: while tip rolling the other day I had one of the ULF plugs (the tiniest, of course) pop out of the IEM and go rolling across my counter. Had I been doing this anywhere else or not paying complete attention, I might have lost it forever. I recommend checking all of your LF and ULF filters every time you unpack the IEMs for use and each time you put them away. You'll know immediately if one somehow falls out mid-use; the immediate, resulting imbalance is impossible to miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back